2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give it time, we will. Sully has to pull his patented sit-our-ace-in-an-elimination-game stunt so he can be fresh the entire offseason.

You can't win it, if you ain't in it.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Have they decided yet if their sex offender star pitcher will be playing?

http://nypost.com/2017/06/09/oregon-ace-asks-not-to-play-after-sex-offender-past-leaks/

:eek3:

Heimlich, a 6-foot-1 lefty who is expected to come off the board early in the next MLB draft, is officially registered as a sex offender for life after he was charged with molesting a 6-year-old female relative when he was just 15. Heimlich’s original sentence, which included 40 weeks of detention in a juvenile rehabilitation facility, was cut short following completion of probation and two years of sex-offender counseling.

The mother of the victim, who is now 11 years old, told OregonLive she was “appalled that the college he’s going to would even have him on their team.”

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:eek3:

Heimlich, a 6-foot-1 lefty who is expected to come off the board early in the next MLB draft, is officially registered as a sex offender for life after he was charged with molesting a 6-year-old female relative when he was just 15. Heimlich’s original sentence, which included 40 weeks of detention in a juvenile rehabilitation facility, was cut short following completion of probation and two years of sex-offender counseling.

The mother of the victim, who is now 11 years old, told OregonLive she was “appalled that the college he’s going to would even have him on their team.”
Shouldn't be on the big stage after that. Nor drafted, but he will be. One helluva maneuver by some MLB team, but an athlete's ability trumps all, I suppose.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not that I approve, but we do generally believe in second chances. He was 15 then and perhaps he has changed. If not then time will tell.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't be on the big stage after that. Nor drafted, but he will be. One helluva maneuver by some MLB team, but an athlete's ability trumps all, I suppose.
Ten rounds in the draft and he has yet to be taken. He was sure to be a 1st round selection with a .76 ERA. Wow, justice served!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heimlich, Oregon's star ace pitcher doesn't want to play? So he's screwing his teammates ??

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Or, at least for Sully's teams, you can't win it if you are.
Did you see the post in the Regional thread (#127) that showed how many times we've been to CWS since Sully's been coach in the past 10 years and how many times we got there prior to that? Probably not - you're blind with your hate for Sully. I'd rather get there just about every year rather than not - Goon made a valid point.
But troll on, fearless leader! :headbang:

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see the post in Regional thread (#127) that showed how many times we've been to CWS since Sully's been coach in the past 10 years and how many times we got there prior to that? Probably not - you're blind with your hate for Sully. I'd rather get there just about every year rather than not - Goon made a valid point.
But troll on, fearless leader! :headbang:
Ox just hates the Gators in general.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Is there one coach that the negators like or program that they are happy with?

Yes... Midwest chronicled that in the "Back to Back Champs" thread.
Men's track coach Mike Holloway...
I think we also like the Women's tennis coach and possibly the Gymnastics coach.

That's about it I guess.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yes... Midwest chronicled that in the "Back to Back Champs" thread.
Men's track coach Mike Holloway...
I think we also like the Women's tennis coach and possibly the Gymnastics coach.

That's about it I guess.
Agree about Holloway. But the negators could really care less about those sports.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Defense and pitching are on our side. I wouldn't mind seeing some small ball. Seems like most teams that win the CWS hit single after single. Nothing wrong with that. Go Gators!

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
At least we don't have F$U's enviable CWS record... 20+ years there under Martin (IIRC) and 0 titles

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is there one coach that the negators like or program that they are happy with?
I guess I'm in the negators category. The ONLY program I am unhappy with is the football program. I refuse to accept mediocrity, offensive ineptitude, piss poor recruiting, retaining horrible assistants and the general feeling of "just happy to be here" from our current HC. He ain't the guy to lead this program back to championship status and he needs to be gone sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator