2017 OL outlook

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LT- Ivey LG- Jordan C- Mccoy RG- Johnson RT- J Taylor

This is what I envision at the start of spring. It's possible a guy like Telfort or Forsythe can work their way into the lineup. I know Jordan was on the right side after the emergence of Mccoy, but I think he will be moved unless someone else steps up at guard there , and end up making big fred a reserve off the bench. There is also the question of whether Ivey is up to the task of handling tackle full-time. What do you guys see? I see more questions than answers regarding pass protection, but feel like this group can be solid in the run game.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Prob won't matter unless we get an OL coach! J/k, injuries will the the factor in our front 5. That really worries me.
Go Gators!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LT- Ivey LG- Jordan C- Mccoy RG- Johnson RT- J Taylor

This is what I envision at the start of spring. It's possible a guy like Telfort or Forsythe can work their way into the lineup. I know Jordan was on the right side after the emergence of Mccoy, but I think he will be moved unless someone else steps up at guard there , and end up making big fred a reserve off the bench. There is also the question of whether Ivey is up to the task of handling tackle full-time. What do you guys see? I see more questions than answers regarding pass protection, but feel like this group can be solid in the run game.

Ivey seems to be more natural at Tackle. The line should at least be an average middle of the road SEC line this season.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You mean other than the fact that he cant pass block?

:lmao2:

This is actually one of my main concerns on the OL. But Sharpe didn't offer much to begin with buddy.
In theory this should be an improved line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Left guard should and hopefully will be Ivey. That is all.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This line is actually better with Sharpe gone.

I think that the starting five is gonna be one of the best in the SEC. Unfortunately as we know the starting five never makes it all the way through a season. The good news is, if Mac has done anything right, it's that he's allowed his OL to season for a couple years on the sideline. So we have some big cats in the wings who weren't thrown into the fire. Which means we may have a little depth.

Maybe.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Im really looking forward to seeing what big Stone Forsythe can do. Kid is massive, maybe he can be in the rotation

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like the OPs starting 5 - thought it might be nice to see the OL roster.
Starters
Ivey - Jr
Jordan - Jr
McCoy - So
Johnson - Jr
Taylor - So

The rest
Riles - Sr (anybody know his status?)
Forsythe - So
Heggie - So
Sandifer - So
Desir-Jones - So
Buchanan - So
Harkless - Jr
Mike - Jr
There's a few other OLmen on the roster that I've not heard of, so I won't pretend they're nothing more than walk-ons.

Commits
Telfort
Moore

Note: We will have only one Sr. next season (Riles) with maybe only Ivey looking at the next level. The future looks pretty good.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Come on playing time depth, building a bit too slow, but we need a little good fortune...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The OL will be better off than it has been in recent years. It may not have looked like it at times but they gave LDR & AA time to throw but we've just had perpetual QB suckage. Run game was not bad a la LSU. I think the OL will be a positive for UF going into next season. And YES, that's even with Sommers gone.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You mean other than the fact that he cant pass block?

Ivey was a train wreck at Guard many times getting confused on who was his responsibility was when the defense shifted late. His feet aren't that bad at Tackle actually. I would be surprised if they don't try to keep him at Left Tackle this upcoming season.

Steve Carlson

Jan 10, 2017
I think riles starts at RG with the other 4 the OP stated. From what I've heard, heggie and stone are basically there as practice bodies, but as RsFr next year who knows, they may make strides before they leave here

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think 2 or 3 guys listed as OL will be moved to Defense because of our critical lack of depth.

If I remember right, several guys played DL some in High School. Won't be a great situation but better than playing 220 lb.LB's at DT.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to know:

- Who the hell will be coaching these guys.

- Is Riles moving over to DL?

- Are any other OL's going to cross-train at DT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator