2018 Recruits Updated

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Between Pitts and Gamble...we have some two very talented TE's for the coming years

4.7 speed for a TE? Hope this means we are moving more to what Jimmy ran at CSU

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Between Pitts and Gamble...we have some two very talented TE's for the coming years

4.7 speed for a TE? Hope this means we are moving more to what Jimmy ran at CSU

He's basically like Tebow isn't he? Did Tebow run a 4.7 or close to it?

On the Opening clips he was killing the DBs

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are looking 6-10. It would take a helluva a lot to get us in the top 5. The important thing will be quality depth. 15+ blue chippers.
We are about full up on 3*s. We don't want anymore ham & eggers.
I still think a couple of those 3*s get bumped

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
According to this article we can sign around 21 in the 2018 recruiting cycle.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-needs-class-size-2018

However, the OP says 22 so I will go with that.

We currently have:

Iverson Clement 4* RB
Jalynn Williams 3* WR
Corey Gammage 3* WR
Kyle Pitts 4* TE
Dante Lang 3* TE
Curtis Dunlap 4* OG
Taylor Upshaw 3* DE-DT
Divaad Wilson 4* DB
Deontai Williams 3* DB
Randy Russel 3* S
Amari Burney 4* ATH

That gives this class room for 11 more. I think it's likely that if we get commits from bigger names some of the lesser names will be dropped to make room, but I'm going to go with what we currently have committed.

I think the likely names to fill out the class are:

Matt Corral 5* QB
Dameon Pierce 4* RB
Jacob Copeland 4* WR
Anthony Schwartz 4* WR
William Barnes 4* OT
Richard Gouraige 4* OT
Nicholas Petit-Frere 4* OT
Andrew Chatfield 4* DE
Malcolm Lamar 4* DE
David Reese 3* OLB

That leaves room for one or two more and we need them to be DTs.

The 21 names listed would give us a 247Sports score of 269.38. Historically, that score would place us somewhere between 7th and 12th.

Add in the extra one or two players (hopefully DT) and we probably finish between 5th and 10th. Of course, the individual athlete scores will change in the upcoming season and that will affect the scores as well.

If we land this group along with a couple of DTs and a LB, I would be very happy with this class

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
According to this article we can sign around 21 in the 2018 recruiting cycle.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-needs-class-size-2018

However, the OP says 22 so I will go with that.

We will lose at least 5 more of the roster warts. We should be signing a full class not just 20-22.

Law is spot on. The linked article from 22222222222 is from 6 months ago. We've since lost - at least - two more to transfer (Reed, McWilliams, and?). We'll lose at least 2-5 more by the end of the season and signing day. We'll sign no less than 24 in the class....hopefully 25 w/ at least 5 EE's.

But, we do need to add DT's (Stills?). A 5-star QB puts this class easily in the top 10....because that will cause other highly rated kids to come.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Law is spot on. The linked article from 22222222222 is from 6 months ago. We've since lost - at least - two more to transfer (Reed, McWilliams, and?). We'll lose at least 2-5 more by the end of the season and signing day. We'll sign no less than 24 in the class....hopefully 25 w/ at least 5 EE's.

But, we do need to add DT's (Stills?). A 5-star QB puts this class easily in the top 10....because that will cause other highly rated kids to come.

I greatly hope the Donkey is right. The more we can sign the better. However, even though the article is 6 months old, it gave an allowance for 5 current scholarship players to leave.

"Given the amount of Will Muschamp signees who haven’t played and the influx of McElwain players, Florida will likely have about five transfers between now and the next signing day."

We haven't hit 5 yet. The article may still hold up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

We have 14 legitimate spots. If you can predict how many transfer or go pro then God bless you. But let's say 3 opt for the draft and 5 transfer. That gives us a total of 22.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We have 14 legitimate spots. If you can predict how many transfer or go pro then God bless you. But let's say 3 opt for the draft and 5 transfer. That gives us a total of 22.

You must have just started following recruiting....bless your heart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator