Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So that was how we stole Mason Halter from OD?

Mason Halter was 3 years ago. We did the ODU camp last year. Not sure what your point is.

And honestly, a camp at ODU is a win/win. The Tidewater area is loaded w/ talent. It's the most talented area in Virginia w/ over 2 million people. We pulled Percy out of there. Are you implying Alabama & UGA doing a camp at lowly FAU is a waste of time? The point of doing camps w/ other schools is to get into that geographical area.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only feeling like we are going to miss on all the high star guys (like the past 3 years) and end up with another below expectations recruiting class? I really feel like some of these guys should be giving us some verbal commitments and recruiting for us.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Am I the only feeling like we are going to miss on all the high star guys (like the past 3 years) and end up with another below expectations recruiting class? I really feel like some of these guys should be giving us some verbal commitments and recruiting for us.

No, I would think most of us on this board feel this way. Lol

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you read the board lately? Or any Gator board? You'd be in the majority...very few sunshine pumpers these days

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
3 SEC quarterback commits named finalists in 2018 Elite 11 competition

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...ts-named-finalists-2018-elite-11-competition/

The Elite 11 has whittled its list down from 24 to 12 following the Elite 11 Finals over the weekend and only three prospects committed to SEC schools remain in contention for the coveted individual honor of being named Elite 11 MVP.

The SEC representatives for the upcoming Nike The Opening Finals will be South Carolina commit Ryan Hilinski, Auburn commit Bo Nix and Alabama commit Taulia Tagovailoa. News of the 12 finalists chosen by the Elite 11 was first reported by Barton Simmons of 247Sports.

All three of the players are currently ranked as four-star commits.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...ts-named-finalists-2018-elite-11-competition/

The Elite 11 has whittled its list down from 24 to 12 following the Elite 11 Finals over the weekend and only three prospects committed to SEC schools remain in contention for the coveted individual honor of being named Elite 11 MVP.

The SEC representatives for the upcoming Nike The Opening Finals will be South Carolina commit Ryan Hilinski, Auburn commit Bo Nix and Alabama commit Taulia Tagovailoa. News of the 12 finalists chosen by the Elite 11 was first reported by Barton Simmons of 247Sports.

Is that Patrick Nix's kid?

edit: It is...dude kinda fell off the map before landing as a HS HC.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014

I’m confused. They call Tua a commit. He’s a sophomore right?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
For those of you who haven't watched this today check it out

Pay close attention to what the dude on the left says on topic 6 about Mullen as a recruiter. What he said is really making sense and I'm starting to believe we just hired Mac 2.0 on the trail!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Millen may yet succeed in recruiting, but if he does, he will do it off his team's on field performance. He will not do it off of his Pat Boone personality.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Have you read the board lately? Or any Gator board? You'd be in the majority...very few sunshine pumpers these days

I have spent very little time on the board recently.. just been busy.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Man MSU is killing it on the recruiting trail out there. I thought MSU was tough to recruit for? After all, Starkville is not Gainesville, right?

I think it would be a big failure on Dan Mullen's part if his recruiting rank this year is worse than his transition year, or worse than MSU. I mean the whole idea was that DM can achieve better results at UF than MSU because we get better talent. Well, if the talent drops to the levels he had at MSU, then I am not sure he is going to do any better here than he did there.

I am fairly optimistic that we have better coaching this season, and we are not expecting any sudden championship level transformations, just competence on the ground. But in second and third year we have to have some improvements... and lower recruited talent is not going to get us there.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Man MSU is killing it on the recruiting trail out there. I thought MSU was tough to recruit for? After all, Starkville is not Gainesville, right?

I think it would be a big failure on Dan Mullen's part if his recruiting rank this year is worse than his transition year, or worse than MSU. I mean the whole idea was that DM can achieve better results at UF than MSU because we get better talent. Well, if the talent drops to the levels he had at MSU, then I am not sure he is going to do any better here than he did there.

I am fairly optimistic that we have better coaching this season, and we are not expecting any sudden championship level transformations, just competence on the ground. But in second and third year we have to have some improvements... and lower recruited talent is not going to get us there.
I will say it again: if talent should improve, it will follow, not precede, on field improvement.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
For those of you who haven't watched this today check it out

Pay close attention to what the dude on the left says on topic 6 about Mullen as a recruiter. What he said is really making sense and I'm starting to believe we just hired Mac 2.0 on the trail!

In that case I refuse to watch. :afraid:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.