Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
On paper, our passing game looks pretty promising. Lots of big bodies that can win 50/50 balls in the air (Krull at 6’7, Grimes at 6’5, Pitts at 6’5, Jefferson and Cleveland at 6’2). If utilized correctly, these guys can really simplify the passing game for the quarterback, creating a bigger margin for error on a lot of throws (think fade passes in the red zone, seam routes down the middle, back shoulder passes, etc). Each of these have a large catch radius and Mullen thrives on exploiting mismatches. We should be able to dominate teams with smaller defenders.
Just his physical size makes him a good player for our offense even if he doesn't touch the ball that much!!! He'll be able to use his physical size to keep defenders from locking on to the ball !!! 6'7 and over 250 is a big wall of a man to try and cover much less see around I believe he'll make a good vision blocker atleast,if not a great receiver !!!! Just one mans opinion

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'd love to have him because splash guys like this tend to attract other talent, but I feel good with our running backs at the moment. Do you think we're seriously in the mix for any more high quality linemen on either side of the ball?
Were in the mix and lead for some elite defensive linemen but we need to close on them. With Sal/Grantham recruiting I believe they will get what we need to be successful. The offensive line is where sh*t is not currently going well. Jones is a HEAVY Auburn lean currently which isn't what any of us wanted to here! Hevesy is starting to remind me of Mike Summers recruiting because he's bringing in ALOT of kids I've never heard of to camps and very few of the elites. To say we have ZERO buzz in oline recruiting would be a vast understatement but it's still early so I'm not ready to panic just yet. With that said I'm not liking what hes currently doing or who he's currently recruiting because if this is the type of players he's going to bring in this offense will continue to suck balls!!!!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
On paper, our passing game looks pretty promising. Lots of big bodies that can win 50/50 balls in the air (Krull at 6’7, Grimes at 6’5, Pitts at 6’5, Jefferson and Cleveland at 6’2). If utilized correctly, these guys can really simplify the passing game for the quarterback, creating a bigger margin for error on a lot of throws (think fade passes in the red zone, seam routes down the middle, back shoulder passes, etc). Each of these have a large catch radius and Mullen thrives on exploiting mismatches. We should be able to dominate teams with smaller defenders.
We'll have the weapons to succeed there's no question about that! However...will any of them be able to make 13 smarter or put a heart in his chest so he doesn't panic and fall apart like a 13 yr old female :scratchchin: If so we'll be in business! Unfortunately for us I'm hearing his trash ass will be the our QB and that eliminates all those weapons because his brain doesn't process information fast enough to see anyone but his primary read:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF posted the 15 second clip. I didn't see the full version posted. Her is a vid almost 3 minutes of Jalon Jones at camp. Notice the quick cuts at the end. The kid has gained a good bit of weight.

He runs really well.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Were in the mix and lead for some elite defensive linemen but we need to close on them. With Sal/Grantham recruiting I believe they will get what we need to be successful. The offensive line is where sh*t is not currently going well. Jones is a HEAVY Auburn lean currently which isn't what any of us wanted to here! Hevesy is starting to remind me of Mike Summers recruiting because he's bringing in ALOT of kids I've never heard of to camps and very few of the elites. To say we have ZERO buzz in oline recruiting would be a vast understatement but it's still early so I'm not ready to panic just yet. With that said I'm not liking what hes currently doing or who he's currently recruiting because if this is the type of players he's going to bring in this offense will continue to suck balls!!!!
This isn’t encouraging at all. I don’t understand why some coaches don’t seem to value talent on the oline. Not having the elite kids at camps probably means we won’t land them.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We'll have the weapons to succeed there's no question about that! However...will any of them be able to make 13 smarter or put a heart in his chest so he doesn't panic and fall apart like a 13 yr old female :scratchchin: If so we'll be in business! Unfortunately for us I'm hearing his trash ass will be the our QB and that eliminates all those weapons because his brain doesn't process information fast enough to see anyone but his primary read:lol:

I need moar commits! What’s the latest?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yea.... I’m ready to move past relying on walk ons to provide anything other than refreshing the starters towels.

I don’t think we will be relying on him for anything other than depth. He does show good burst and hitting ability, so it’s not out of the question that he could contribute (especially on STs).

That said, Trey would be a nice get, but it’s not an area of need IMO. Not saying I don’t want him or won’t be disappointed if we whiff on him, but I’m more interested in OL/DL and LBers

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don’t think we will be relying on him for anything other than depth. He does show good burst and hitting ability, so it’s not out of the question that he could contribute (especially on STs).

That said, Trey would be a nice get, but it’s not an area of need IMO. Not saying I don’t want him or won’t be disappointed if we whiff on him, but I’m more interested in OL/DL and LBers
5 stars are always a position of need. They’re way more important to the team than filling a position - they create recruiting momentum, help adjust perception, and often bring other highly talented players with them. He’s more important than any low 4 star player at a position of need because he might help land other, similarly talented players at those positions of need.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
"I really loved it at #Florida I was very impressed by everything that #UF has to offer. The coaching staff was so welcoming and made me feel at home today." LB Ethan West 6-foot-4, 220-pounds. From Midlothian (VA) Cosby HS 2020

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
OG Jonathan Denis 6-foot-3, 280-Pounds from Homestead (FL) South Dade on his most recent trip to see the #Gators. "I believe today went well, I love #UF coaching staff and I just love how they treat the campers." #Florida

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
"It felt like home to be in Gainesville.The coaching staff was great I learned a lot from the offensive line coach. Overall had a good time. I felt like the one on ones could’ve been better." 6-foot-6, 310-Pound OL @JoseMirabal_ Homestead (FL) South Dade Jose Mirabal. #Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.