Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just kidding. I like your posts and missed you.

Thanks AR & Itraz. Since my snark-remarks are devoid of sports knowledge, I decided to express less & simply listen. But I read all y'all's posts because those takes are interesting & educational. Reading posts devoid of the yearn-squeeze to interject, I found a different pleasure from GatChat. Thanks all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. I just dont remember the TE at Bammer being used for anything other than a blocking dummy either.

Maybe I just missed it.

I dont even remember the names of any Bammer TEs. Looks in 2007 McCall and Walker combined for 245 yards receiving. In 2008 they manages 300ish yards. 2009 Peek and Williams had 300 yards.

Maybe Nord corched there too. :lmao2:

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maybe. I just dont remember the TE at Bammer being used for anything other than a blocking dummy either.

Maybe I just missed it.

Butters last year, 2011, a TE was the #2 & #6 leading receiver for Alabama.

2010: a TE was 6th & 7th leading receiver, 2009: 4th leading receiver, 2008: 2nd leading receiver (so, 2 out of 4 years at Alabama a TE was the 2nd leading receiver for Alabama):

cfbstats.com - 2011 Alabama Crimson Tide Receiving

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We will get a few guys just after FNL but I doubt we make a move that puts us in play for a top 10 class. Its still looking like #14 or so is probably the ceiling.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We will get a few guys just after FNL but I doubt we make a move that puts us in play for a top 10 class. Its still looking like #14 or so is probably the ceiling.

14th would be GREAT after this horrible start. I was hoping 12th or better, w/ at least 12 blue-chip players. We will probably get 10 to 12 blue-chip players and finish just inside the top 20 - which is unacceptable at a school like ours. But, it is what it is at this point. It's not for a lack of trying, so hopefully the work will pay off in 2020. It's disappointing, but the blue-chip kids we were in on are starting to commit elsewhere, leaving our blue-chip list very thin. We're going to need a couple of flips and/or unexpected commits to even get to 10-12 blue-chip players. For me, if we finish higher than 15th and have more than 12 blue-chip kids it's going to be a big win for us (and for Mullen - after falling so far behind). The early signing period has changed things bigly and this staff needs to adjust.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We dropped the ball getting rid of Seider...the recruiting alone was enough to keep the guy and the players really connected with him so I’ve been made aware

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
14th would be GREAT after this horrible start. I was hoping 12th or better, w/ at least 12 blue-chip players. We will probably get 10 to 12 blue-chip players and finish just inside the top 20 - which is unacceptable at a school like ours. But, it is what it is at this point. It's not for a lack of trying, so hopefully the work will pay off in 2020. It's disappointing, but the blue-chip kids we were in on are starting to commit elsewhere, leaving our blue-chip list very thin. We're going to need a couple of flips and/or unexpected commits to even get to 10-12 blue-chip players. For me, if we finish higher than 15th and have more than 12 blue-chip kids it's going to be a big win for us (and for Mullen - after falling so far behind). The early signing period has changed things bigly and this staff needs to adjust.
Miss St fans say Mullen is better at flipping talent than getting them to commit originally. Hopefully he can flip a bunch of elite guys like last year

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I just hope he will cut the loyalty stuff if that is an issue and get a couple of good recruiters. This years offense won't be good enough I think to help with recruiting for the 2020 class.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We dropped the ball getting rid of Seider...the recruiting alone was enough to keep the guy and the players really connected with him so I’ve been made aware
Who specifically made you aware?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018

Maybe I just missed it.

I dont even remember the names of any Bammer TEs. Looks in 2007 McCall and Walker combined for 245 yards receiving. In 2008 they manages 300ish yards. 2009 Peek and Williams had 300 yards.

Maybe Nord corched there too. :lmao2:
OJ Howard did very well at Alabama. 269, 260, 602 and 595 yds in his four years. I'd say he did pretty well.
Last year their TEs were about as effective as ours. 200yds receiving between Irv Smith and Hale Hentjes.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It has been 1000 days since the last time a 5* committed to UF.
How long ago was that?
America's failed experiment with diversity hiring in the Oval Office was only in it's final throes.
Flappers and dappers were burning up the dance floor doing the Lindsey.
Aaron Hernadez was a free man.
Cocaine was an ingredient in Coca-Cola.
Steve Spurrier won the Heisman.
American's tuned in every Monday night to watch the zany antics of the lovable surgeons of MASH.

Excuse me if my memory is faulty. It was a LONG time ago.

leogator

May 5, 2018
It has been 1000 days since the last time a 5* committed to UF.
How long ago was that?
America's failed experiment with diversity hiring in the Oval Office was only in it's final throes.
Flappers and dappers were burning up the dance floor doing the Lindsey.
Aaron Hernadez was a free man.
Cocaine was an ingredient in Coca-Cola.
Steve Spurrier won the Heisman.
American's tuned in every Monday night to watch the zany antics of the lovable surgeons of MASH.

Excuse me if my memory is faulty. It was a LONG time ago.
Clayton was only couple of years ago. He was overrated. For me if you are a 5*, you should come in and contribute right away and do very well at your position. I mean somebody like Leatherwood, not like Ivey or CeCe.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Clayton was only couple of years ago. He was overrated. For me if you are a 5*, you should come in and contribute right away and do very well at your position. I mean somebody like Leatherwood, not like Ivey or CeCe.

CeCe actually made some noise as a true freshman. It was the coaches’ lack of proper utilization of his skills and atrocious S&C program that prevented him from developing as a Soph and Jr.

leogator

May 5, 2018
CeCe actually made some noise as a true freshman. It was the coaches’ lack of proper utilization of his skills and atrocious S&C program that prevented him from developing as a Soph and Jr.
Well, we'll find out about him and Clayton this fall. For my money, Zuniga and Polite are the better DEs.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well, we'll find out about him and Clayton this fall. For my money, Zuniga and Polite are the better DEs.
Better than Cece? No way. Clayton? Up to this point, for sure. Hopefully a change of coaches will be enough to help him fulfill his lofty billing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator