Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
But can Mullen have a great season to get us on the right recruiting track? That’s the more important question

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But can Mullen have a great season to get us on the right recruiting track? That’s the more important question

Not happening this year imo but I also think that isn't the main issue. The main issue is he doesn't have good recruiters on staff.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not happening this year imo but I also think that isn't the main issue. The main issue is he doesn't have good recruiters on staff.
And facilities suck.
And we’ve looked like crap for a decade.
And he’s not a great recruiter.
And...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And facilities suck.
And we’ve looked like crap for a decade.
And he’s not a great recruiter.
And...

It still comes back to him and and his staff mostly imo when looking at what has happened at most other schools some of which have had as bad or a worse run than us and weren't near the top in facilities. I am really dreading the thought we will probably not look that good on offense again and he will likely not make changes in staff to help recruiting out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There was a really good article out (last year?) that was linked in a thread on here and it detailed the Dwags recruiting operation, with where they pulled most of the staff. I'm too lazy to look for it at the moment, haven't finished my coffee yet, but it was pretty eye opening.

Yes, that's why I asked if we're doing what UGA, Alabama, and likely Tennessee.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
It’s all speculation but nonetheless our fall is almost complete we’re almost into a decade of impotence

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I dont think that's how it works. I think either your a good recruiter or your not period. He could win 10 games next season and it's probably only going to help recruiting 1-2 spots. I think Mullen will be a 16-11 class every year. I don't think he will ever have a top 5 class even once we update of facilities.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I dont think that's how it works. I think either your a good recruiter or your not period. He could win 10 games next season and it's probably only going to help recruiting 1-2 spots. I think Mullen will be a 16-11 class every year. I don't think he will ever have a top 5 class even once we update of facilities.

Even if you are wrong, you just gotta say it huh. You NEVER say anything that's positive or hopeful. Im still convinced you hate this program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think that's how it works. I think either your a good recruiter or your not period.
Maybe. Saban is an azzhole and was never a great recruiter. Winning fixes a lot of things.

I think all the things are factors, how good of a recruiter the HBC is, the assistants, the other recruiting staff, the facilities (especially where the live and train), the win loss record, and of course the bagmen.

Im pretty sure if we land some great recruiters for the staff and look like we arent being corched by a special ed ed orca, that we could make some progress.

One elite recruiter changed Butterteeth's recruiting fortune. He isnt the only one out there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maybe. Saban is an azzhole and was never a great recruiter. Winning fixes a lot of things.

I think all the things are factors, how good of a recruiter the HBC is, the assistants, the other recruiting staff, the facilities (especially where the live and train), the win loss record, and of course the bagmen.

Im pretty sure if we land some great recruiters for the staff and look like we arent being corched by a special ed ed orca, that we could make some progress.

One elite recruiter changed Butterteeth's recruiting fortune. He isnt the only one out there.

Alabama opened a brand new $15 million DINING HALL. A freaking DINING facility!! That's about what we paid for our IPF!! And people are all like, "just wait til our stand alone is done!!" We just keep falling farther and farther behind in the arms race - that Foley refused to participate in.

Look at this thing! WTF???????

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama opened a brand new $15 million DINING HALL. A freaking DINING facility!! That's about what we paid for our IPF!! And people are all like, "just wait til our stand alone is done!!" We just keep falling farther and farther behind in the arms race - that Foley refused to participate in.

Look at this thing! WTF???????

Nice facility, but $15 million? Some contractor is laughing all the way to the bank.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Even if you are wrong, you just gotta say it huh. You NEVER say anything that's positive or hopeful. Im still convinced you hate this program.

To be fair, has there been much to be positive about over the past 10 years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator