Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
When trying to understand a situation, I always like to look at the data. Here goes

Zook - 20, 2, 7
Meyer - 15, 2, 1, 3, 11, 2
Chump - 12, 3, 4, 8
Butters - 23, 14, 9
Mullen - 17, 32 as of today

These are the Rivals class rankings since 2002. As many have posted, Zook, Meyer and Chump all killed it in their second class. Butters was an abject failure across the board, so he should be the outlier, not the measuring stick. Where we sit today is extremely concerning.

There are 54 4 and 5 star recruits in the Rivals 100 in the state of Florida. Here's the current breakdown of those 54 recruits.

Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1

Not sure how anyone can look at this data and think we're going to be ok. We're getting out recruited in our own backyard by Arkansas for crying out loud.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When trying to understand a situation, I always like to look at the data. Here goes

Zook - 20, 2, 7
Chump - 12, 3, 4, 8
Butters - 23, 14, 9

These are the Rivals class rankings since 2002. As many have posted, Zook, Meyer and Chump all killed it in their second class. Butters was an abject failure across the board, so he should be the outlier, not the measuring stick. Where we sit today is extremely concerning.

There are 54 4 and 5 star recruits in the Rivals 100 in the state of Florida. Here's the current breakdown of those 54 recruits.

Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1

Not sure how anyone can look at this data and think we're going to be ok. We're getting out recruited in our own backyard by Arkansas for crying out loud.

If he doesn't get some recruiters here for the 2020 class he wont survive for more than 4 years. Mac's 2016 class is really turning out to be worse than it was on paper also.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1

If you go farther down the list, we are probably still getting our shyt pushed in by Penn State, Maryland and one of the other ACC teams IIRC. DJ getting fired may fix the Maryland thing though.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Zook - 20, 2, 7
Chump - 12, 3, 4, 8
Butters - 23, 14, 9

Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1

That's easy to answer, a lot of people on this board think that just because you're a 3* player don't mean your really 3*. Any 3* we have was not graded properly. Trust the coaches is another good one. I think a lot of it is denial. They want to believe that every player is way better than their grade. And the funniest thing for me is how many are still in denial about UGA and Kirby. Unfortunately for us he's the real deal when it comes to recruiting and he's developing his players as well. We won't even compete on the field with them until recruiting changes and I don't see that happening this year. Mullen better either start "playing the game " or hire some elite recruiters after the season or nothing is going to change.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Yeah stars don't matter. Here's some more interesting data.

Bama's Rivals class rankings over the past 5 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah stars don't matter. Here's some more interesting data.

Bama's Rivals class rankings over the past 5 years.
Saban doesn't know how to find the really good diamond in the rough 3 stars and steal them from FAU and FIU.

At least with Mullinz we are stealing from Cowbell and Kintucky.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Anyone dismissing stars, in aggregate, is dumb. There will always be surprise 3 stars and bust 5 stars but the data is clear - teams with high blue chip percentages are more successful. The diamond in the rough strategy is a cover for pure laziness or bad recruiting. Still holding out hope that the recent momentum will continue but we have a looooooong way to go to make this a good class.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I won't be surprised to see 6-6, or particularly upset.

I'm pissed our recruiting is terrible.

That’s my expectation. We may get to 8 wins, but that will probably mean Mullins coached his ass off and we stayed healthy.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been awful quiet on the Twitter front. Maybe Diabeetus will spark a rush of a few commits prior to the season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would be very nice to have a little more momentum, maybe climb into the top 30.
Kind of what I was thinking. Three decent 4*’s may get us into the top 25. If we actually get lucky and start with a few wins, maybe that could help pick up one or two more along the way.

And i’m Not sunshine pumping, but we need to get into the top 15, and that’s not a given

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The top 15 to achieve McElstain status.

Top 5 to be pointed back to the top.
Oh I agree, but I think top 15 is the worst we can allow. Anything outside of 15 is an absolute failure. Outside top 10 is piss poor. I’d think top 7 should be the goal year in year out. Obviously you’d love to be top 5 or even top 3, but this is Mullen.

California theatrics screwed us, letting Seider along with some coaching hires screwed us.

Given where we are today, i’d be happy with top 12, but only because we already **** the bed

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
"worst we can allow"? Is there some fund to disable recruits that don't choose Florida?
I have been out of the loop on the academic standards Florida is requiring for student athletes these days. Anyone have any data on how we stack up to the other SEC schools?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right now we sure could use an HC & crew that could develop 3* to play like 4*, 5*s.??
Maybe DM gets our guys to that point where they realize that they can win & how to do so ?
But if he continues to accept sub-par recruiting, might he turn us into Mississippi State ?
He's got to fear the unsound of the cowbell.
We've got enough exciting talents that we can pull for it all to come together for fun footfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator