Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Isn't Black going to start out at safety when he arrives?

That helps shore up defensive backfield numbers with some talent right there.

Still need to do better and for sure don't lose a legacy player like Elam.

Much like the younger David Reese, Black will very likely end up being a LB. He could play a hybrid S/LB, but if he gets much heavier than 225 I can't see him staying at S. We need a blue-chip Safety in the class....and Elam.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Florida recruited Spiller very hard. Some have said he was provided with a rather large bag of money ala Tunsil.
Booby Bowden wanted him but CJ hated Florida State. Booby wasn't gonna lose the CJ to Florida so he called his boy at Clemson and the rest is history.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those that don't know, Jaydon Hill tore his ACL and recently had surgery. This brings us to Elam....we really need to land him as he's the only CB on our board who will be college ready next fall. Elam has been wavering between UF and UGA. He's a must get, imo. Our CB board next year is actually scary w/ Henderson & Dean as the current starters - Wilson will be coming off an injury....and Edwards as the only experienced backup. True freshman Hill will be coming off an ACL, Kimbrough is small and seems like he'll need a year (redshirt) or will play nickel, and then....Elam, if we get him.

We have to stop ****ing around with bringing in middling talent at CB. Just go get five star talent. Those kids start day one. It’s the one position where talented kids can start as freshman.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Chris Steele’s birthday. Gator chomping with a gator cake. I’m practically certain this kid flips. This is my going out on a limb pick for the cycle

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Chris Steele’s birthday. Gator chomping with a gator cake. I’m practically certain this kid flips. This is my going out on a limb pick for the cycle

That smacks a bit of playing UF fans to me, but we shall see.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I don't know that I've ever seen Renard and Nullkev going at it. I actually figured they were aliases of the same troll.
I'm not a troll! Not sure where that thought came from. I don't even know how to properly respond, because I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Does anybody realize that both Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts are available for transfer, both playoff level QBs?
Their not Playoff level QBs. That's misleading. Sure, they were on teams that went to the Playoff, but it had little to do with them. Evidenced by the fact that they are no longer starting QBs. That tells me that their respective coaches believe they went to the playoff in spite of them, not because of them.
Hypothetical: Let's say we signed one of these guys... What happens if we play their former teams in the playoff(totally plausible)? We'd be starting from a disadvantage. Because clearly their QB would be better than ours since we have the QB that was beat out by the guy they have. It's why transfer QBs rarely work out. These coaches know who can play. And if these guys were that good they'd still have their jobs. As you can see, I'm not a big fan of targeting transfer QBs.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The
Their not Playoff level QBs. That's misleading. Sure, they were on teams that went to the Playoff, but it had little to do with them. Evidenced by the fact that they are no longer starting QBs. That tells me that their respective coaches believe they went to the playoff in spite of them, not because of them.
Hypothetical: Let's say we signed one of these guys... What happens if we play their former teams in the playoff(totally plausible)? We'd be starting from a disadvantage. Because clearly their QB would be better than ours since we have the QB that was beat out by the guy they have. It's why transfer QBs rarely work out. These coaches know who can play. And if these guys were that good they'd still have their jobs. As you can see, I'm not a big fan of targeting transfer QBs.
They might be castoffs but they are still better than what we have. The only time we will meet Alabama is in the SEC championship game which I don't see right now and the only time we meet Clemson is in the playoffs. If we ever meet those two teams and we have the castoff quarterback, he will definitely be motivated to beat his former team. That has to count for something!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

All that matters is if they are better than Franks or not.

leogator

May 5, 2018
If next year we are ready to make a championship run and the only thing that's missing is a QB then I say bring them in. If Franks chytes the bed the rest of the season and Trask is no better then bring them in. Now maybe EJ might be better than what he has shown in practices so far or Jalon Jones is the savior. I will leave it up to Mullen.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If next year we are ready to make a championship run and the only thing that's missing is a QB then I say bring them in. If Franks chytes the bed the rest of the season and Trask is no better then bring them in. Now maybe EJ might be better than what he has shown in practices so far or Jalon Jones is the savior. I will leave it up to Mullen.

Did you just drop the ole, "I trust the coaches" cliché?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Why would that be all that matters?
I thought the goal was to win. I hope coach Mullen's evaluations aren't based on who's better than what he currently has. If a player sucks and you bring in someone that sucks less than he does, that doesn't mean you've solved the problem? Mullen has to go after potential program changers. Franks, is better than DelRio, but that hasn't solved anything.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Did you just drop the ole, "I trust the coaches" cliché?
Well, I have criticized him before, but he has earned credibility by improving Franks' performance by leaps and bounds. Now Franks is still a work in progress but I will give him credit. BTW, he chewed Franks ass this week for not taking the easier dump off throws.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, I have criticized him before, but he has earned credibility by improving Franks' performance by leaps and bounds. Now Franks is still a work in progress but I will give him credit. BTW, he chewed Franks ass this week for not taking the easier dump off throws.

I'm joking, bro. The "I trust the coaches" was/is a huge 'pumper' line when they run out of discussion (or at the very beginning!). People would lament "Butter doesn't know what he's doing..." And a pumper would inevitably say, "He knows more than we do...I trust the coaches..." - Meanwhile the ship is sinking, all the lifeboats are full and underway, and some pumper says, "Nah...everything's fine, I trust Butters."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As Franks improves, learns, develops, he should be distancing himself even further ahead of his QB 'chasers'. Doing that he will make himself the QB we will most likely win with. If Franks falters then it's up to each 'chaser-QB' to overtake, outperform him as a leader towards winning, towards more scores. Right now IMO Franks is improving as he's learning.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Really hope he flips to us. Would be an amazing get for Mullen an Co. and would definitely create a chain reaction with players. Wonder how USC is feeling about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator