Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Chris Steele decommits from USC. Been saying all along Boys this kid is a gator
According to the 247 thread there is some very serious traction for us with him right now. He's already used his five OVs (one was us). Our competition apparently is Oregon, but I can't imagine him leaving the Trojans (his hometown team) for a rival.

Our folks (players and coaches) have been working him nonstop. One poster at another site said Mama Mullen has been active and Facetiming with him as well.

This would be a fantastic breakthrough.

Last edited:

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
According to the 247 thread there is some very serious traction for us with him right now. He's already used his five OVs (one was us). Our competition apparently is Oregon, but I can't imagine him leaving the Trojans (his hometown team) for a rival.

Our folks (players and coaches) have been working him nonstop. One poster at another site said Mama Mullen has been active and Facetiming with him as well.

I watched his interview on YouTube, following their game against Mater Dei. He sounded very noncommittal towards his commitment to USC. The interviewer asked him about Florida and his eyes lit up. He was visibly more excited and exuberant while talking about, what he calls, his favorite team.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Something to consider is what camps has he attended or not attended, how well is his senior season going, and against what level talent. My initial gut feeling is with you based on history and rankings, but unless you’ve seen him play, it may not be as bad as it looks. Not saying to trust the coaches, but he looks like a plan b or c. Maybe he’s a late bloomer.

Don't get me wrong, if we whiff elsewhere I'd take him in a second. He's big and looks like he can be developed. Probably wouldn't contribute much until his RS sophomore year, but again, it's better than whiffing (like Butters often did).

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Chris-Leak-Florida-Coaching-Staff.jpg

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Roger that on Oregon, but they already have Wright and Blades in this class. I'm with you and think we'll still get him.

Also great point regarding Dean. He's got the size and skills for safety, and suddenly we're not just talking about depth, but QUALITY depth in the secondary.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
While I wouldn't mind seeing Dean at safety, I think he's the perfect fit for the "Star" position. He's big, fast and is a willing tackler. All the things you need for playing inside.
If, however, he were to move to safety, I also think Stewart would be a great nickel as well. But with his impeccable ball skills, I think they keep Stewart at safety.
If Marco comes back healthy, I like a starting defensive backfield of:
CB1: Henderson
CB2: Wilson
STAR: Dean
FS: Stewart
SS: Davis, Stiner or Burney(I don't think Burney switches to LB unless there's a pressing need)

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Can you see what Luke is saying in that thread? Some Oregon smoke popping up but he’s been a huge Florida favorite for awhile.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Wonder if this guy has any eligibility left ?

That reminds me of an old recruiting story I heard an ex-coach tell on the radio.

It seems the ex-coach telling the story was when a coach going to visit an OL prospect. The guy telling the story was fillling in his then coaching partner about the player as they drove to his house. He had to warn him that the kid's father had killed a guy with his bare hands. To which his partner responed, does the father have any eligibity left?

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not saying to trust the coaches, but he looks like a plan b or c. Maybe he’s a late bloomer.

That is about what I thought about posting on this. There are actually late bloomers, but alas it is hard for us to know if that is the case or a guy is plan b at non-stat position. An RB who gained 700 yards as a JR, but gains 1500 yards as a SR at least has some evidence of being a late bloomer. At a position like DE if the player did not grow 3 inches or something, it is harder too know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you must, I might want to abreviate them VPI&SU if I wanted to put them down a bit. A rule of thumb with colleges, the longer the name, the worse the place. It does not always work, but consider Harvard University compared to LSUA&MC.
that was rhetorical douchebag. I don't care what your opinion is.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
he signed four lineman in his first two classes total.

I certainly don't want to defend Muschamp who I think is awful, but I have seen this mentioned serveral times. Could it be that Muschamp was of the theory that DL in high school were more athletic than OL and that he could bulkd up and switch the DL he signed who ended up down the depth chart to OL?

The DL to OL switch was more common at one time. Perhaps Muschamp just did not adapt when kids became more resistance to this? I think it was past when that was common, but I have always wondered if that was Muschamp's rationale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator