Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did I black out for like, almost 2 months? Mullen hasn't completed filling this class - right? Isn't there a second NSD in February?
You are generally incoherent. Nothing is new here. An even higher percentage of kids signed ESD than last year, when we signed almost no one after ESD.

Nothing be leftovers now.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Lemons was a butters special but Watkins was Mullen. I don’t think Watkins had any public issues prior to his arrest after signing. I could be wrong but other than grades I don’t remember anything about major character issues
I followed him on twitter, and he was insanely emotional. Like you could tell if a girl didn’t text him back within 5 minutes he’d write a song about it. I had a feeling he’d get weird about a girl eventually and it sucks it happened within months (weeks?) of his arrival.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We didn’t handle the early period well this year. Slow methodical start is not the way to go and I remember reading a MSU writer who said that was always Mullen’s approach but it simply does not work that way anymore. Our out of the gate run for 2020 and 2021 is promising and I will keep my fingers crossed we stay in the top 7 nationally by ESD 2020. Pretty much locks up a top ten finish for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We didn’t handle the early period well this year. Slow methodical start is not the way to go and I remember reading a MSU writer who said that was always Mullen’s approach but it simply does not work that way anymore. Our out of the gate run for 2020 and 2021 is promising and I will keep my fingers crossed we stay in the top 7 nationally by ESD 2020. Pretty much locks up a top ten finish for us.
If we need more recruiting Quality Control staff, he needs to get it. Part of the process is the coaches being able to trust the product coming from then QC people so the coaches themselves dont have to watch so much film and make late decisions.

Getting in so late on Ika is a primary example of the problem.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. Elam, Steele, fuller, leftovers.
:yawn: Want me to read you the list of the ones we were in on during the ESD and how many we landed, even of those leaning toward us or predicted to sign w us?

In fact, just go back ten pages and look at Slevins posts on Monday.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Back to recruiting:

I'm not sure what happened w/ Dorlus (and I wasn't much of a fan - I think Oregon did us a favor). Another SDE that we offered late - a true Plan B - is Braydon Monday. He's still unsigned. Has an unimpressive offer sheet, but the kid is relentless and plays hard. And at 6'4 245 he can easily grow into a 270-280lb SDE:

Brayden Monday, Tuscola, Inside Linebacker

Our best shot for blue-chip kids is Fuller & Young. Would everyone be happy w/ one of those two and Monday? What if we miss on those two?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Back to recruiting:

I'm not sure what happened w/ Dorlus (and I wasn't much of a fan - I think Oregon did us a favor). Another SDE that we offered late - a true Plan B - is Braydon Monday. He's still unsigned. Has an unimpressive offer sheet, but the kid is relentless and plays hard. And at 6'4 245 he can easily grow into a 270-280lb SDE:

Our best shot for blue-chip kids is Fuller & Young. Would everyone be happy w/ one of those two and Monday? What if we miss on those two?
Greenard is still an option right? I would rather take him than a HS kid.
With respect to Monday, I like kids that are relentless no matter their rating.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Back to recruiting:

I'd take either (or both) I'm also wondering if Pickering is so solid to MSU why not sign on ESD? Their other DE commit didn't sign either. You'd have to think that Florida's continued pursuit of them with the entire staff's existing relationship had at least something to do with it. Young would be my favorite because he looks like he's strong as an ox already.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
If we need more recruiting Quality Control staff, he needs to get it. Part of the process is the coaches being able to trust the product coming from then QC people so the coaches themselves dont have to watch so much film and make late decisions.

Getting in so late on Ika is a primary example of the problem.
Yes. And I blame that on the director of recruiting operations. I know Mullen likes Begley a lot but there were large chunks of time where we didn’t have safeties or inside DL identified. Maybe she needs another person in there with her shoring the list up but we seemed to be late to the party for quite a few or didn’t go after nearly enough guys at critical positions

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Back to recruiting:

Fuller has been very pro gators on instagram lately

kiddnoname

Nov 14, 2017
you can milk anything with nipples....

rvibq8is2ok01.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Back to recruiting:

I just don't see fuller and young happening. We're gonna have to reach on a DT prospect rather than hope bama pushes young out and hope we can beat Auburn for fuller.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You are generally incoherent. Nothing is new here. An even higher percentage of kids signed ESD than last year, when we signed almost no one after ESD.

Nothing be leftovers now.
This needs a laugh button. I agree we need to recruit at a higher level, but I'm not going to complain just yet. Next up - Beat Meatchicken!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Greenard is still an option right? I would rather take him than a HS kid.
With respect to Monday, I like kids that are relentless no matter their rating.
One year wonder for us and an OLB/blitzer, albeit talented. He knows the defense already.

Real good pick up bet he is no DT. more of the same really, pass rush only. not a run stopper like the guy we got from WVU.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator