Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Technically, he's been verbally committed to 3 schools. It is 4 if you count that he told 247's Josh Newberg he was committing to the clowns only to announce a few days later he is a gator.
That’s a relief. :lol:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
We getting errribody :p:D! All kidding aside, we are really working hard on George Pickens and Haselwood!
giphy.gif

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
If Josh Newberg is telling the truth, we are basically the 4th team Henderson has committed too. I don’t consider this kid part of the class until he officially signs.
Cautious optimism would certainly seem to be called for, but Josh Newberg is a hater from way back, and I wouldn't take his word on a damned thing. Just sayin.'

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I actually think this is a good reason to think this was NOT planned by the Noles. This hurts them in messaging and momentum at the exact wrong time and it isn't like we have another WR that it looks like is leaning that they are hoping to scare away.
You're right. And FSU sucks!

It made sense when Manuel did it, because the roles were reversed. We were the fledgling team. Now, not so much. It wouldn't be cute, entertaining nor amusing to troll us in favor of FSU.

I think this has more to do with Dan assuming the primary recruiter role. He'll stick. The fact that he's committed several different times actually works in our favor. He's gotten all the flirting out of the way. And on top of that, we're gonna be kicking FSU's aass for quite some time. I think he's smarter than pulling a stunt like that.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is particularly puzzling in view of his well known and intense devotion to academics.

Maybe he is working on the 10,000 scale and he is really 10% when he says 1000%. I really hope we get him and he is being sincere because he looks like a baller on tape ... but ... like Slevin said, sure hope Coach gives him an ultimatum that the offer isn't valid if he visits FSU.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Henderson is a surprising commit, but I'm not holding my breath. He seems flaky. At least it bumps our class ranking for now, and he looks like he could be great if he sticks.

Yep...
"Henderson’s recruitment has been interesting, to say the very least. He committed to Oklahoma early in 2017, only to decommitt a couple of months later. He then committed to Oregon (under FSU coach Willie Taggart) during that summer and withdrew his pledge in November prior to recommitting to the Sooners in April of 2018 and then decommitting again the day before Thanksgiving. And now he’s on to his fourth commitment, with UF."

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Anybody on 24/7? They have an interview with Pickens on there about his commitment to Auburn I was curious what he says

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
One quick point regarding recruiting numbers...

I think there's too much made of the amount of open spots for incoming signees. The rules and counters matter only in unique situations. Reason being is the 85 total scholarships rule. You're allowed to sign 25 each year. Let's say a school has 85 schollied players. 25 leave due to graduation or NFL. Another 5 transfer out. You now have 30 available scholarships. You however, can only sign 25 kids by rule. Now the count back rule would allow any qualified early enrollees to "count back" to the previous year's class, if there were open slots, as to not exceed the 25 limit.

So in short, at a P5 like UF, you usually don't have to worry about being that short on players. The 85 total rule and 25 each year rule are more important. And the count back rule isn't as complicated as its made out to be.

I hope this helps. I just wanted to lay it out in laymen terms. There were a lot of questions regarding this.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
In one of those articles, it did mention that he had grade issues to get worked out. I dont think we would press really hard this late on a guy that wasn't a sure thing to get in, would we?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The 85 total rule and 25 each year rule are more important. And the count back rule isn't as complicated as its made out to be..
It isnt particularly complicated, we just dont have a readily available source of which kids actually enrolled early and it is easy to forget that transfers count as "initial counters" for that rule.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
In one of those articles, it did mention that he had grade issues to get worked out. I dont think we would press really hard this late on a guy that wasn't a sure thing to get in, would we?

I saw something about that too, but not sure how reliable it is.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
One quick point regarding recruiting numbers...

I think there's too much made of the amount of open spots for incoming signees. The rules and counters matter only in unique situations. Reason being is the 85 total scholarships rule. You're allowed to sign 25 each year. Let's say a school has 85 schollied players. 25 leave due to graduation or NFL. Another 5 transfer out. You now have 30 available scholarships. You however, can only sign 25 kids by rule. Now the count back rule would allow any qualified early enrollees to "count back" to the previous year's class, if there were open slots, as to not exceed the 25 limit.

So in short, at a P5 like UF, you usually don't have to worry about being that short on players. The 85 total rule and 25 each year rule are more important. And the count back rule isn't as complicated as its made out to be.

I hope this helps. I just wanted to lay it out in laymen terms. There were a lot of questions regarding this.

Rules have adjusted a bit, but Meyer only had over 80 players on the roster once (I think.) I cannot recall UF ever nudging a player out due to the 85 rule.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rules have adjusted a bit, but Meyer only had over 80 players on the roster once (I think.) I cannot recall UF ever nudging a player out due to the 85 rule.
I recall Meyer telling a player that he would be given a hardship scholly. The kid said no, transferred to a smaller school and was all conference. Justin Williams, Brian Thomas, someone like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator