Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Have these geniuses thought about how teams are going to stay under the 85 player limit if most of the senior class returns and incoming freshman also want to be on the team?

That's been my question from the beginning, and I've yet to hear it answered.

Here's another, if we get spooked mid-season and close shop, where do we play games like ut and Mizzou next year. Or for that matter, where is the fsu game played next year? Are these college towns who are going to get hammered by all this expected to give up the following year's contest as well due to natural rotation?

These are the details that otherwise bright people have completely failed to address. Again, no different than UF sending emails asking for money because of the money they'll lose this year. I was never asked for my opinion on this. You unilaterally decided to cancel, or radically disrupt things, based on a virus, not me. If you can't afford to pay your bills now, you should've thought about that or maybe brought one of those mathematics professors you employ into the discussion. If I'm giving any extra money to anyone, it's the local Gville businesses who had no say in the matter and are getting filleted due to your overreaction and/or inadequate access to Excel.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well my post was a parody of Bait’n’s story above and was said in jest. But I promise you, if I ever visit your hotel and am not killed by gunfire en route from the airport, or pulled from my vehicle and beaten savagely by protestors, I will wear a mask when I enter the building. I don’t want anyone there feeling unsafe.
Brilliant.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can see the campaign rallies now...

“Lock him up...lock him up...lock him up..”

One day old man, I **** on your grave. Count on it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where do you get this stuff from?

Wait, you make these scientifically baseless statements to generate clicks. Damm and it worked.
I get by #SCIENCE from peterpuffers on CNN who know that cotton stops viruses.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Oh How much I needed something like this, awesome.
With all that’s going on right now with CFB.....that was a breath of pre Covid.

Oh how I wish we could just ignore all the nonsense and get back to Football without talk of player unions and COVID and banning tailgates.

ESPN would talk about Football, not BLM and “social justice”!

Is it possible?????

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
some people actually think that the reason they cancelled the season was cuz these players were connecting so much on social media and they started stuff about unionizing

This is the typical liberal approach to an issue, create a negative result for either outcome.

If you play football this year, you don't care about the safety of your slave players
If you don't play this year, it is because you are trying to stop the players from unionizing.

Apparently hypocrisy can be very rewarding some times

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
So pretty much any returning seniors next year won’t count against 85 scholarship limit

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The SWAC & MEAC (HBCU's) are planning a spring season to start in late February.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The first college football game is scheduled for two weeks from yesterday on Thursday, Sept. 3 when South Alabama takes on Southern Miss.

The Sept. 5 slate:

Arkansas State at Memphis

Eastern Kentucky at Marshall

Houston Baptist at North Texas

Louisiana-Monroe at Troy

Middle Tennessee at Army

SMU at Texas State

Monday, Sept. 7:

BYU at Navy

Thursday, Sept. 10:

UAB at Miami

Users who are viewing this thread