Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
He didn’t fail to land him they failed at not wanting to take him. UF currently does not want him at RB. Why? The **** if I know
This made no sense to me either. I heard something to the effect that we wanted him at LB. If true, why not take him and give him a shot at RB. If he’s as good as he thinks, he’ll break into the rotation; if he’s not it gives him somewhere to go to get on the field.

-THE DUDE-

This is the year!!!
Not sure if this has been posted, but Kelvin Joseph committed to Kentucky (LSU transfer DB).

Higdon claims he fell just shy of the 2.0 gpa needed to transfer in to UF. Says Mullen could have fought for him but there were some behavior issues on his trip to UF that they didn’t feel he was someone they should fight for. Wouldn’t go into any more detail than that.

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
Apparently not, but maybe all of that talk about UF not wanting him as an RB is just talk. You never know for sure in recruiting.

With capabilities of social media sneakiness, how hard would it be to start and perpetuate "fake-news" that UF wants RB Lee to be our LB?
That would be masterful negative recruiting, but there's too much honor in PSU to do that.

Sum us are old enough to remember when star athletes played both ways ... and often it was a hard-charging LB or Safety that doubled at RB = Tucker Fredrickson, AA at Auburn, .... RB NYG, NFL 6 years before injury. Crazy to do that today, though.

Saw Baby Gators (freshmen couldn't play varsity) play Baby Bulldogs. The offense kept fumbling the ball over to bulldogs. This last time when they started to come off, the coach waved them to stay on, play defense. That very next play Georgia star FB got his bell-wrung by Gator RB Larry Smith, playing pseudo-linebacker. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator