2021 Sports Deaths

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’d forgotten several of those as well. I tried to pick who’d be my greatest of that list but couldn’t. I decided to do a “Mount Rushmore” instead. Mine would be:

- Hank Aaron
- Elgin Baylor
- Marvin Hagler
- Don Sutton

Where did I go wrong?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Some big names for sure on that list.

I think we should remember a couple of big name University of Florida athletes who died this year:

Ronnie Williams basketball
Tim Paulk football

Can anyone else think of any others?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I knew DTs uncle real well. We served together for a few years. Actually talked with DT a couple times over zoom when his uncle and him would chat. They were real close, he was like a father to him. I know he's heartbroken over this.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sad to even think about....

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of these really sting.
So many stars of my youth back when I idolized these guys.

It’s been a really tough year and unfortunately there will probably be a couple more before year end.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

I didn't see Detroit Tigers catcher Bill Freehan's name on the list but he should be remembered. Died August 19, 2021 at age 79.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I knew DTs uncle real well. We served together for a few years. Actually talked with DT a couple times over zoom when his uncle and him would chat. They were real close, he was like a father to him. I know he's heartbroken over this.

my wife (huge Broncos fan) had several vertebrae fused in her neck and was wearing one of those neck braces a couple of years ago. we went to get something to eat at a local Denver area restaurant and DT was behind us in line. I didn’t recognize him, but she did and for a minute I thought my wife was going to leave me for a younger man. he struck up a conversation with her - mainly because he was worried about her neck. just a real nice person.
she got a photo with him - it really made her day.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
my wife (huge Broncos fan) had several vertebrae fused in her neck and was wearing one of those neck braces a couple of years ago. we went to get something to eat at a local Denver area restaurant and DT was behind us in line. I didn’t recognize him, but she did and for a minute I thought my wife was going to leave me for a younger man. he struck up a conversation with her - mainly because he was worried about her neck. just a real nice person.
she got a photo with him - it really made her day.
Diddy, that’s awesome. I hope she (you all) really cherish that day. Some of these sports guys can really be so down to earth. We had that experience with Virgil Green.

RIP DT. Gone too soon for sure.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s also been several soccer players overseas that have died onfield from cardiac events.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yup. There're YouTube videos showing all the young athletes that have collapsed and died during competition in 2021. I was curious if DT was vaxxed and if he had seizures prior to his shots. I know someone who suffers from seizures and their neurologist said absolutely not to the shots, because it crosses the blood/brain barrier. But there's a different thread for this tangent.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
yup. There're YouTube videos showing all the young athletes that have collapsed and died during competition in 2021. I was curious if DT was vaxxed and if he had seizures prior to his shots. I know someone who suffers from seizures and their neurologist said absolutely not to the shots, because it crosses the blood/brain barrier. But there's a different thread for this tangent.

A couple of years ago the local news had a story about Demaryius Thomas and a fairly serious car accident he was injured in.
Then... just read this on a Bronco site:

KOARadio's Benjamin Allbright reported that Thomas had been dealing with lingering neurological effects from a 2019 car accident. Thomas' cousin LaTonya Bonseigneur told the Associated Press those neurological effects included frightening seizures.

“He had been suffering from seizures for over a year, and we believe he had a seizure when he was showering,” Bonseigneur told the AP. “We’re not sure when he died. We just spoke with him yesterday.”

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

My thoughts on DT were exactly that…young male suddenly dies of cardiac issue? mRNA have caused a lot of heart problems in young men. Obviously could be something else but I would t rule it out either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator