Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is, is he burning bridges just with the recruits or their coaches as well. Coaches will look at their players and say, UF doesn't stand by their word. That doesn't help, Butters did a lot of damage to our brand with High School Coaches, Mullen did damage to our brand with High School Coaches... now does this have a lasting effect?
I don’t think so if he backs it up in the future. I sense the guy has more integrity than we’ve seen since Spurrier.

If I had to guess, his burning has been extremely honest and in time all will respect his approach. I don’t think he’s approaching as a bull in a China shop with a bunch of malarkey but just matter of fact.

And besides, we do not need to help fuel the fire. People feed on fear.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why do people have expectations that are not likely to happen or have the expected long term results? I expected a mass exodus as he will have to burn bridges to get the culture changed. Next year will be ugly.

That's another totally overblown myth. Yes, there needed to be somewhat of a culture change(mostly administrative) and there were always going to be some casualties. But let's not forget this team has players and character that is capable of winning games. I would liken it to 2004 to 2005, though less talented. The "culture" issue was more about a coach that quit on a team, disastrous schemes, and poor leadership(on the sidelines). Just like Moss, Herring, etc. needed real leadership to step in and coach them back when Meyer took over, these kids are mostly fine. Again, you can't burn bridges. You may as well start the 2024 search if that's the direction we go.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Why do people have expectations that are not likely to happen or have the expected long term results? I expected a mass exodus as he will have to burn bridges to get the culture changed. Next year will be ugly.
The worst recruiting class in 20 years is a small speed-up IF the foundation is being set for the 2023 class (NIL OFFICE). Same with on field performance. 1-11 is ok next year if all the soft players have been shown the door, toughness, competitiveness and pride restored.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
cheese-study.png

Here's some cheese to go with all the w'ine.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I remember when we used to make fun of all the "trust the coaches" people, good times. This first class is a complete shyt show and it sucks because it didn't have to be. Just look at Florida's transition classes in the past, their all top 15 but 1. Where is UF currently at 70ish? Signing day is a week away, maybe we can get back in the top 50.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think so if he backs it up in the future. I sense the guy has more integrity than we’ve seen since Spurrier.

If I had to guess, his burning has been extremely honest and in time all will respect his approach. I don’t think he’s approaching as a bull in a China shop with a bunch of malarkey but just matter of fact.

And besides, we do not need to help fuel the fire. People feed on fear.

We hope that is the case, but if you are looking at the Brand... This is the third CEO that has burned kids. It's not longer a CEO issue it becomes a Brand issue. This class was garbage, it's just how will other schools sell it against us in 23,24, etc... Napier is creating a bigger hole.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's another totally overblown myth. Yes, there needed to be somewhat of a culture change(mostly administrative) and there were always going to be some casualties. But let's not forget this team has players and character that is capable of winning games. I would liken it to 2004 to 2005, though less talented. The "culture" issue was more about a coach that quit on a team, disastrous schemes, and poor leadership(on the sidelines). Just like Moss, Herring, etc. needed real leadership to step in and coach them back when Meyer took over, these kids are mostly fine. Again, you can't burn bridges. You may as well start the 2024 search if that's the direction we go.
Hmmm…players didn’t quit any this year? Could have fooled me in a couple games.

My experience people follow the leader and birds of a feather flock together, but the biggest impact is change in expectation.

If you think we have the same culture today as in 2001 or even in 2010 I’ve got some prime ocean front property for you in Iowa.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The worst recruiting class in 20 years is a small speed-up IF the foundation is being set for the 2023 class (NIL OFFICE). Same with on field performance. 1-11 is ok next year if all the soft players have been shown the door.
Agree we need a redo in the support structure for player recruitment, support and development. I did not realize how bad it was.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Good Christ, just getting caught up here. The hand wringing going on is so ferocious they can feel the breeze in Hawaii. That post Bait just made above mine is the most embarrassing post he's ever made. I couldn't even quote it, it was too cringeworthy.

Sofla has also lost his mind - never seen him like this.

As for Gibson, we don't know an effing thing about what did or did not go down. Are internet rumors now facts? Are you trying to tell me that Napier, who is a recruiting freak, simply "forgot" or deliberately blew off even talking to Gibson? We're supposed to believe this after he's done about ten in-home visits in 48 hours?

I think Gibson probably made it clear he was done with UF after Mullen was fired. Bye-bye, Gibson.

None of this worries me one single iota. None. Zero. We'll come out better for it.

Sober up, that wasn't even in my top of 10 embarrassing post.

You guys can spin it however you want but in no way shape or form is running off every commit a week before signing day gonna help us win football games.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We hope that is the case, but if you are looking at the Brand... This is the third CEO that has burned kids. It's not longer a CEO issue it becomes a Brand issue. This class was garbage, it's just how will other schools sell it against us in 23,24, etc... Napier is creating a bigger hole.
The brand was **** before Nappier. So he lost another half point…as long as he has integrity that is backs up his commitments with results that bridge will be built back much better by the new players…this is assuming we will get the back office crap fixed.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
What's going to happen is these recruits are going to go to a school where the coach says yeah you'll play and probably won't see the field but once or twice and have to watch us win championships and cry in their Mullen is my coach handkerchiefs
They'll be in NFL before then

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4 guys who were tweeting about how excited they were when Napier was hired all decide they no longer wanna be Gators all within 24 hours of each other... They either got told to straight up look elsewhere or Napier told them they wouldn't accept their signature on ESD. The guy said in the presser he probably wasn't gonna sign any kids for ESD and use this time to do evals and set up for a great January and February. Was fine then but it's a problem today? All these kids were some mid anyway except for Gibson and maybe Evers.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when we used to make fun of all the "trust the coaches" people, good times. This first class is a complete shyt show and it sucks because it didn't have to be. Just look at Florida's transition classes in the past, their all top 15 but 1. Where is UF currently at 70ish? Signing day is a week away, maybe we can get back in the top 50.

Probably closer to 100 than 50. McClellan will be gone soon as well. I’d be surprised at this point if we sign more than a couple on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator