Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This may come as a shock to many of you but there are 4 and 5* oline recruits out there. I know, I know. It's hard to believe. AND there is no law against UF going after them. Hopefully Coach Nap gets the memo.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This may come as a shock to many of you but there are 4 and 5* oline recruits out there. I know, I know. It's hard to believe. AND there is no law against UF going after them. Hopefully Coach Nap gets the memo.
I'm sure he will, but this was probably a case of "bird in the hand", and someone he's familiar with. And vice versa.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Anybody in the mood for a completely uninformed opinion? Good, I gotcha.

I think Napier is gonna finally have some success at IMG. Those aren’t kids over there, they are professionals. They aren’t afraid of hard work and discipline: they demand it.

I think Napier’s gonna strike the right chord over there.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody in the mood for a completely uninformed opinion? Good, I gotcha.

I think Napier is gonna finally have some success at IMG. Those aren’t kids over there, they are professionals. They aren’t afraid of hard work and discipline: they demand it.

I think Napier’s gonna strike the right chord over there.
Link?

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Kamariwilson1: Had a great time at UF today #gogators

So I know this isn't exactly recruiting, but I think it still appropriate given how much we used to bash Mullen for how dorky he would look in his pleated pants and Jordans.

Napier may not exactly be the coolest guy on the planet, but he actually pulls off a nice balance between being professional and at least somewhat "cool" to a younger crowd. Check out what he is wearing here. He has his sneakers, but they don't look forced, they are actually in line with his outfit (unlike how Mullen would rock them). He's rocking a sportscoat, but with jeans and an untucked shirt. And he actually is pulling it off and doesn't look like he is trying to force something like Mullen did. Does all this matter very much? Probably not, it's not like Saban is exactly "cool". But, I think Napier comes across much more genuine and relatable.

Anyways, just my $0.02.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.