FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

images

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this class makes it back into the top 15. I think it's definitely excusable if we don't but I feel confident it will.

Glad to hear you’re confident. How accurate have your previous prognostications been about our recruiting rankings?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to hear you’re confident. How accurate have your previous prognostications been about our recruiting rankings?

Look it's t-gator. He's not even sure if the prognostication about his biological father is correct. Quit badgering the poor kid and just walk away. Walk away!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this class makes it back into the top 15. I think it's definitely excusable if we don't but I feel confident it will.
Honestly, I dont want any reaches. Heck I would mind losing some of the Mullen roster fluff we have.already committed.

If we land roster fluff, I at least want it to be fluff Napps wants.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That would sound like a well thought out plan, whether one agrees or disagrees. Planning is usually not something that has much traction amongst the drop ceiling tiles and two-tone shag carpet.

after listening to his presser. Planning and making sure he is afforded the ways and means to make said planning bear fruit sounds like what the guy is all about, and getting assurances he will be allowed to see his plan through is what got him to sign on the dotted line.

he said he laid out his demands and UF did not flinch. They’ve given him the keys let’s see where he takes us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
after listening to his presser. Planning and making sure he is afforded the ways and means to make said planning bear fruit sounds like what the guy is all about, and getting assurances he will be allowed to see his plan through is what got him to sign on the dotted line.

he said he laid out his demands and UF did not flinch. They’ve given him the keys let’s see where he takes us.

That was actually both positive to hear and infuriating at the same time. What it tells me is that if the last guy had truly wanted those things, they would’ve been provided. He didn’t care because he was strictly showing up for a paycheck. To Douglas’ credit, he’s talked repeatedly about coaches pushing for and getting changes if they’re truly committed to seeing them. Mullen could’ve had this the last few years and who knows where we’d be right now.

But, that aside moving forward it’s nice to know that we are invested.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

If we get top 15 this year, I'd expect top 5 next year. I don't expect Napier to reach for anyone at all.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
That was actually both positive to hear and infuriating at the same time. What it tells me is that if the last guy had truly wanted those things, they would’ve been provided. He didn’t care because he was strictly showing up for a paycheck. To Douglas’ credit, he’s talked repeatedly about coaches pushing for and getting changes if they’re truly committed to seeing them. Mullen could’ve had this the last few years and who knows where we’d be right now.

But, that aside moving forward it’s nice to know that we are invested.

I believe you are correct in your beliefs, but think you are overlooking the most important fact. Cousin Eddie is either too STOOPID or too EGOTISTICAL to have up to hundreds of workers doing things in an organizational way that will get the end result to the top. You forget how those that think they are always the "Smartest Person in the Room " can just roll the ball onto the playing surface and win every time, regardless the opponents, regardless the work put in or regardless the preparation. The only PREPARATION that Cousin Eddie ever did was "H"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we get top 15 this year, I'd expect top 5 next year. I don't expect Napier to reach for anyone at all.
Hard to imagine top 15 this year. That is a lot of flipping. There might be a few "natural UF" kids who went elsewhere because Dan is such a penis, but flipping kids is hard. Especially in 2 weeks.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to imagine top 15 this year. That is a lot of flipping. There might be a few "natural UF" kids who went elsewhere because Dan is such a penis, but flipping kids is hard. Especially in 2 weeks.

That's why I said IF he can, then I'd expect top 5 the next cycle. It'd be a helluva feat

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That would sound like a well thought out plan, whether one agrees or disagrees. Planning is usually not something that has much traction amongst the drop ceiling tiles and two-tone shag carpet.
Haven’t you heard? Shag carpeting is in now; it’s considered “retro.”

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely has an advantage with Louisiana kids. He may be new to UF, buts he’s a known quantity to them. The timing of a new coach at LSU and the unknown factor of staff turnover there could help us with this young man and a few others.
The other two listed on the visit schedule was our top commit (DL) and our QB commit. This was the only non UF Commit on the schedule, so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.