Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
LSU bunts like dog schit… how did they ever get to this point? Fire the coach! :lol:

Announcer actually commented on Err’body bad bunting
The announcer is flat out wrong. He said they've seen 4 bunts that were bad. Ive counted about 10 that we're good in the last 7 days. Guess he was using that 50-50 vision of his.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Close, just a board game. I played a few times in college, but some took it VERY seriously.
Don’t make too much of this, but I’m reminded of the old saying “I was lonely because I had no friends, until I met a man who had no hands!” Now, if you were playing Strip Axis and Allies (with biological women) please disregard.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t make too much of this, but I’m reminded of the old saying “I was lonely because I had no friends, until I met a man who had no hands!” Now, if you were playing Strip Axis and Allies (with biological women) please disregard.
My friendship status is by choice; people suck. Also, I'm not sure a biological woman has ever played Axis & Allies :lol:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
NYPICHPDPICT000013015753.jpg

FzLN09hagAAvyEQ.jpg

3c98869c-2268-477d-9006-d7c2a2cb44c0_text.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'd like to see Robertson start. His hitting isn't much worse than the dudes he replaced. They all pretty much suck but at least we can get the fly ball plays when they are there to be made . And call me crazy but I got a hunch if allowed, he'll be clutch at the plate. That seems to be his mojo in big moments.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'd like to see Robertson start. His hitting isn't much worse than the dudes he replaced. They all pretty much suck but at least we can get the fly ball plays when they are there to be made . And call me crazy but I got a hunch if allowed, he'll be clutch at the plate. That seems to be his mojo in big moments.

Defense is of premium importance at this stage especially on a large field at Omaha. I agree, I’d start him in CF along with Wyatt and Shelnut

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Also according to stats we are 3 for 24 with RISP. So at this point, what's the difference between Robertson or anyone else back there, aside from the immensely better defense? These are questions Deet will dislike but someone like me will fixate on. Defense is an absolute premium in the finals, more than offense in my opinion. We have the defensive capability, we just need to employ it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And just fyi, I'll be traveling during game 1. My son is playing in the 8U Dizzy Dean All Star World Series in Memphis. He's our starting SS and is batting around .850 with 5 homers this year.

Proud, proud coach/dad!

And for clarity, I'm not the all star coach. Son was selected, dad was not :lol:

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
And just fyi, I'll be traveling during game 1. My son is playing in the 8U Dizzy Dean All Star World Series in Memphis. He's our starting SS and is batting around .850 with 5 homers this year.

Proud, proud coach/dad!

And for clarity, I'm not the all star coach. Son was selected, dad was not :lol:

Only batting .850 huh? Have you looked into something easier for him like rock-paper-scissor tournaments or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator