Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I know better. And I'm sure OX will be pleased. This is my last season.

Cover2 was right.
Nah, I love the way you can get under some skins like nobody else can. They deserve it for continuing to engage you.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We’ll see. One of his last PMs to me was, “I bet NOLA quits right after the season. He never could take it”.

And he was correct. It's not taking it...It's why take it? You think Cover 2 could not take it?....RIGHT.

The REFs like it this way.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody asked if we have any impact recruits coming in. Yes. We do. Particularly Eugene Wilson.

BUT it’s not going to matter on offense if we don’t have a QB who can consistently get the ball to them. AR is not the answer IMO. He is not accurate or consistent. And he is always hurt or nicked up. And so much of his game is predicated on him running on broken plays that his play greatly suffers when he’s nicked up.

As for the defense, we should look significantly better next year and be really good the year after. But in order to do that Napier needs to go out and get some portal DL.

Well think about it – how bad is the talent on this team? Our 4 best offensive players are all new. Transfer in Pearsall, OL from ULL, RB from ULL, and a freshman RB.

We did not see that on the defense. Mainly because there were not any transfers and it is much more difficult for freshmen to make the jump to starting in the SEC than it is for players on offense.

We need to be really busy in the portal this off-season. I’d like to see 8 to 10 players transfer out. And I’d like to see us bring in a couple DT and a QB to challenge AR.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Any more posts between Nola and Ltraz will be deleted. I can’t take it anymore.

If you all want to continue to cat fight, you can take it to pm.

You can clean up a lot of this by having a "Venting", "Free Speech Alley", "Fight Room". Take it there.

Or not. Half the board loves it and half hates it. Do you want your own little club or variety?

If you had looked, I had ignored him way before you posted this.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Somebody asked if we have any impact recruits coming in. Yes. We do. Particularly Eugene Wilson.

BUT it’s not going to matter on offense if we don’t have a QB who can consistently get the ball to them. AR is not the answer IMO. He is not accurate or consistent. And he is always hurt or nicked up. And so much of his game is predicated on him running on broken plays that his play greatly suffers when he’s nicked up.

As for the defense, we should look significantly better next year and be really good the year after. But in order to do that Napier needs to go out and get some portal DL.

Well think about it – how bad is the talent on this team? Our 4 best offensive players are all new. Transfer in Pearsall, OL from ULL, RB from ULL, and a freshman RB.

We did not see that on the defense. Mainly because there were not any transfers and it is much more difficult for freshmen to make the jump to starting in the SEC than it is for players on offense.

We need to be really busy in the portal this off-season. I’d like to see 8 to 10 players transfer out. And I’d like to see us bring in a couple DT and a QB to challenge AR.
I think you touched on probably Napier’s best asset so far: talent evaluation. A guy like Torrence or Montrell Johnson would’ve been laughed at had Butters or Dancin Dan taken them in recruiting, but Napier had them both at ULL and they were studs. That at least gives me some hope that he knows what he’s doing when it comes to filling out a roster. It still boggles the mind, though, that if he’s that good of a talent evaluator, why tf are Dean and R. Torrence still on the field? Torrence’s mistakes haven’t been nearly as bad as Dean’s, but he’s a horrible tackler.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can clean up a lot of this by having a "Venting", "Free Speech Alley", "Fight Room". Take it there.

Or not. Half the board loves it and half hates it. Do you want your own little club or variety?

If you had looked, I had ignored him way before you posted this.
Why are you still talking about this?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you touched on probably Napier’s best asset so far: talent evaluation. A guy like Torrence or Montrell Johnson would’ve been laughed at had Butters or Dancin Dan taken them in recruiting, but Napier had them both at ULL and they were studs. That at least gives me some hope that he knows what he’s doing when it comes to filling out a roster. It still boggles the mind, though, that if he’s that good of a talent evaluator, why tf are Dean and R. Torrence still on the field? Torrence’s mistakes haven’t been nearly as bad as Dean’s, but he’s a horrible tackler.
I doubt it’s this reason – but it could be that he’s looking at this season as a lost season. And he still getting those young kids reps without putting them in the fire and destroying their confidence. It’s also a way of really selling playing time to incoming recruits. If they see there’s a couple kids who have come in and played lights out they may be less likely to sign. Particularly for a rebuild program.

That’s not the case of programs like Alabama and Georgia where they all feel iron sharpens iron. But they can’t really sell that at our program because it’s so disastrous.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Some complain about "running people off", then some try to actually "run people off". We really are bi-polar sometimes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I also think we need to add a homerun hitter on the outside at receiver. I like Pearsall and shorter. But neither seem to be able to stretch the defense. I also hope Napier will consider bringing in an oc/qb coach as we mentioned. We've seen lane kiffin bring in Kendall briles and Jeff lebby. Huepel's had Jeff lebby on his staff. Even sonny dykes has Garrett Riley. It shouldn't have to be a huge hit to Napier's ego. It's not uncommon at all.

Linebacker is also gonna be a huge need in the portal aswell m hopefully we can still sign 2 more in this class.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I also think we need to add a homerun hitter on the outside at receiver. I like Pearsall and shorter. But neither seem to be able to stretch the defense. I also hope Napier will consider bringing in an oc/qb coach as we mentioned. We've seen lane kiffin bring in Kendall briles and Jeff lebby. Huepel's had Jeff lebby on his staff. Even sonny dykes has Garrett Riley. It shouldn't have to be a huge hit to Napier's ego. It's not uncommon at all.

Linebacker is also gonna be a huge need in the portal aswell m hopefully we can still sign 2 more in this class.

We need help at every position except running back.

It cannot be understated how badly Mullen's recruiting has crippled the program. Go grab a portal QB who can sling it. Play your freshman group at receiver next year and then develop your OL...

Defense is a lost cause. Not a single position on that side of the ball does not need help. Of course when you have basically one DT and no true ILB recruiting in almost 5/6 years, that will happen. We need to encourage some guys to leave and portal as hard as we can and drop every bag known to man for '24

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Why are you still talking about this?
Exactly

Hide Bury GIF by BBC Earth

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Spot on and totally agree with you.

I doubt it’s this reason – but it could be that he’s looking at this season as a lost season. And he still getting those young kids reps without putting them in the fire and destroying their confidence. It’s also a way of really selling playing time to incoming recruits. If they see there’s a couple kids who have come in and played lights out they may be less likely to sign. Particularly for a rebuild program.

That’s not the case of programs like Alabama and Georgia where they all feel iron sharpens iron. But they can’t really sell that at our program because it’s so disastrous.
:exactly:
It's think it's pretty obvious that it could be as you state it from a lost season perspective. I said earlier in a thread that it appears that it is a total defensive system failure. From talent, recruiting, previous and current coaching, schemes, ALL OF IT. Toney is having to deal with it and not all of his fault. But he may not have been prepared for the shyt show he was walking in to either. Who knows. So start getting your system in and I think Napier could be using it all as an evaluation period. One thing I like from him, unless I missed it, he's not thrown any of the players under the bus. It could and is really bad on that side of the ball. How he handles and supports these current players is key. Also, as you state, need to get those upgrades and hit the portal too. I think that we seeing the ramifications of failures of the last 10-12 years and it's hitting the bottom.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need help at every position except running back.

It cannot be understated how badly Mullen's recruiting has crippled the program. Go grab a portal QB who can sling it. Play your freshman group at receiver next year and then develop your OL...

Defense is a lost cause. Not a single position on that side of the ball does not need help. Of course when you have basically one DT and no true ILB recruiting in almost 5/6 years, that will happen. We need to encourage some guys to leave and portal as hard as we can and drop every bag known to man for '24
Agreed.

This is why I'm not totally on Toney's azz. I know he has to get it fixed and I would not envy that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.