Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Scum is reportedly paying a ton for these big name recruits, we’ll see how it shapes out. Still think Mario will underachieve like usual

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Shyt sure gets old losing these battles to those scUMbags.
I’m no recruiting expert but it appears about 75% of the truly elite recruits will have to be bought up front. Thats gonna have us finishing with an untouched hat on the table the vast majority of the time no matter who our coach is. This is truly a new era for everyone.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think the issue is less to do with our class, and more to do with what some others are doing in front of us. As I said elsewhere, he’s behind coaches and programs by which he is going to be judged, like it or not. The other problem is that in several of these had to head battles with Cristobal, he is losing. Rashada, Dijon and maybe Jean are the only publicized battles we’ve come out on top against them, one of them after the fact. The big splash commits have fed a narrative that he’s beating Napier. We’ll see how we finish, but there’s valid reason for measured concern at the moment.

And no one wants to hear this, but the noles are not that far behind us and have a lot more room(5 less commits). Plus they’re hosting our 3rd best WR on a last minute OV currently. If we somehow don’t finish strong, or see a flip there, and fall to third place in the state, I’m not sure how you don’t consider this year to be a concerning start for BN, nice pieces in place or not. Still hopeful, just being realistic.
Very diplomatic.

ESD is in 6 days.

Council Of Dads GIF by NBC

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Shyt sure gets old losing these battles to those scUMbags.
Isn't he a Massachusetts Kid?

It may be as basic as Miami Glitz vs G'ville or Tuscaloosa. But these are kids.

Here's a thought, we had a good shot at this kid. We would of had no chance with Cousin Eddie, Chump, or Butters.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I posted nothing about modern culture. I posted facts, nothing more. Rankings, commitments, etc.
Understood. I just disagree. I think Napier knows talent and will finish strong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m no recruiting expert but it appears about 75% of the truly elite recruits will have to be bought up front. Thats gonna have us finishing with an untouched hat on the table the vast majority of the time no matter who our coach is. This is truly a new era for everyone.

It’s not a money issue. Cristobal has always been a great recruiter. While Gameday experiences are terrible, there are selling points at a place like UM. Bottom line, if it were strictly about money then we wouldn’t have been able to get Rashada to flip. We are closing on some players, more than we have been in recent years, but still losing some of these had to head battles.

If I could throw one suggestion his way, I’d lose the Lambo and trying to essentially play their game. UF will never be like them and that’s perfectly fine. But if posters on their board are mocking the lone Lamborghini in Gainesville being used as a prop, and Mario himself is laughing at the fact that there’ll be 10 at an average restaurant on South Beach on any given night, it’s a cheap look that open is up to criticism and clearly isn’t really working. Need to retool some of these recruiting ideas because we’re not focusing enough on things that UF has to offer.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not a money issue. Crystal ball has always been a great recruiter. While Gameday experiences are terrible, there are selling points at a place like UM. Bottom line, if it were strictly about money then we wouldn’t have been able to get Rashada to flip. We are closing on some players, more than we have been in recent years, but still losing some of these had to head battles.

If I could throw one suggestion his way, I’d lose the Lambo and trying to essentially play their game. UF will never be like them and that’s perfectly fine. But if posters on their board are mocking the lone Lamborghini in Gainesville being used as a prop, and Mario himself is laughing at the fact that there’ll be 10 at an average restaurant on South Beach on any given night, it’s a cheap look that open is up to criticism and clearly isn’t really working. Need to retool some of these recruiting ideas because we’re not focusing enough on things that UF has to offer.

This stuff is even more cringeworthy now :lol:

2E3C5285-649F-4F98-A27E-6999DE0F0721.jpeg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It’s nice to have a big name QB but need a stud line to protect him. Perception is what sucks. No one pays attention to star average unless their team is behind someone. Doesn’t matter if they have 20 3* they beat us on all the 5*. That’s what people see. While this is a far more talented class than anything Mullen brought in and a good base, he needs to start landing more of the top guys up front. Hopefully getting DJ early will help bump 24 up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.