Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see Napier being as stupid as Dooshy Dan was with hanging on to garbage like he did. We've seen already that he is not afraid to cut a player (or 4) loose. I would expect the same for his coaching staff and anyone on "the army". Time will tell but he doesn't seem one to hang on to dead weight. Hopefully he applies that to not only players but his staff.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I don't see Napier being as stupid as Dooshy Dan was with hanging on to garbage like he did. We've seen already that he is not afraid to cut a player (or 4) loose. I would expect the same for his coaching staff and anyone on "the army". Time will tell but he doesn't seem one to hang on to dead weight. Hopefully he applies that to not only players but his staff.

I know I'm a big pumper but we're not done recruiting, they're having to overcome Cousin Eddie's lazy recruiting...and we haven't played the first game yet...Just sayin

Last edited:

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lucas Simmons commits at 1 today. 6’ 7” 300# OT.Good guys, halfass u, tinerc, condoms. Would be nice to see another boost to maintain steady momentum.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Lucas Simmons commits at 1 today. 6’ 7” 300# OT.Good guys, halfass u, tinerc, condoms. Would be nice to see another boost to maintain steady momentum.
He's made 3 UVs and 1 official this year to UF.

I don't really care.

Music Video 80S GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’ve heard it’s unlikely that we get him, but I sure hope we do.

To date, I am much relieved and happy for the July surge in recruiting. Our focus on Florida kids, raising the average rating and the evaluations of the 3* guys all look good to me.

At present, we are about on pace with Mullen’s bump year (9th overall, 90.56 ranking) and his average player rating of 90.58 over the 4 classes. That is NOT adjusted for the post-signing day defections or his success with the portal. Nor do those numbers reflect the implosion of 2021 which really dug the hole BN is to refill and rebuild.

We’ll see how things go from here. I continue to think he’s doing everything right and with high integrity. I expect he will see good to great results from it. If we get our share, we’ll see the average player ranking rise along with our team ranking overall. But it’s the average player ranking plus position rankings that are of most interest to me.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Luckily we have alot bodies on the oline and it's not necessarily a dire need. The talent level there definitely needs to improve though. Hopefully after a year of being here Stapleton and Sale will be able to step up next cycle.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They have now rocketed up to #42.

They have recruited OL abysmally for years. This is a real step forward for them, and it’s not good for us. Long way to go tho.

We’re still in much better shape than them, but I do agree. I mentioned last week not worrying about the canes and uga because they are what they are. We’ll win some battles, but they’re going to win plenty themselves. The noles, on the other hand, are and have been the odd man out since last December. We have to keep them there. One or two commits doesn’t change that, but there’s zero reason they should be close to us when NSD arrives. They have literally nothing positive in momentum either on field or on the trail. That has to stay that way. Their adding two decent OL recently is less than ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.