Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

That was very classy. Showed an appreciation for those that invested in him to this point. Well spoken, articulate, looks the part of a quality DB. No magic tricks with hats! If this is the type of citizen BN is after I really don't care about his star rating.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That was very classy. Showed an appreciation for those that invested in him to this point. Well spoken, articulate, looks the part of a quality DB. No magic tricks with hats! If this is the type of citizen BN is after I really don't care about his star rating.

Mostly good points, but star ratings still matter. Not saying this kid won’t be great. Just saying the odds are better when getting a 4 or 5 star (who also has his head on straight). I want it ALL, call me greedy. That said, his offer list indicates he might be underrated by the scouting services (the dreaded “diamond in the rough”).

He’s a Gator, so I hope he absolutely crushes it when he gets to the Swamp.

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
All of this recruiting success and these top prospects coming this weekend, but not a OL in sight. We really need to make a change at OL on the staff if this doesn't get turned around. Same for LB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All of this recruiting success and these top prospects coming this weekend, but not a OL in sight. We really need to make a change at OL on the staff if this doesn't get turned around. Same for LB.

It’s a BAD year for OL in the state. They’re working on a few kids. But one of the bigger ones whose from Louisiana and who favors UF does not have the green light. 4* Caden Jones. High rated kid. But was abused at Friday Night Lights.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As for Stokes, I'll add that he doesn't have much help around him. I think Nease graduated around 30 players last year and several were playmakers he relied on last year. Though I'd still like to see better stats.
Another high school started up and cannibalized the team and school as well. I read on On3 that they only won 1 game his freshman and sophomore year combined.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a BAD year for OL in the state. They’re working on a few kids. But one of the bigger ones whose from Louisiana and who favors UF does not have the green light. 4* Caden Jones. High rated kid. But was abused at Friday Night Lights.
Isn't kearney gonna be there?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mostly good points, but star ratings still matter. Not saying this kid won’t be great. Just saying the odds are better when getting a 4 or 5 star (who also has his head on straight). I want it ALL, call me greedy. That said, his offer list indicates he might be underrated by the scouting services (the dreaded “diamond in the rough”).

He’s a Gator, so I hope he absolutely crushes it when he gets to the Swamp.
247 lists him as 5’ 10” 185. That’s pretty small for a DB these days. But hopefully he’s got speed, a great motor and nose for the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.