Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Cowbell should start the same pitcher tomorrow and have him throw lefty the entire game. he could win two starts in the same weekend

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Like every year, wake me up in May. I realize this team won’t win a natty but not about to overreact to losing a game of baseball.

Sure there are plenty problems but we have a chance to win our third straight series against top 25 tomorrow. I know LSU won the ship but go over to their site for some enjoyment and context

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Like every year, wake me up in May. I realize this team won’t win a natty but not about to overreact to losing a game of baseball.

Sure there are plenty problems but we have a chance to win our third straight series against top 25 tomorrow. I know LSU won the ship but go over to their site for some enjoyment and context
Funny thing about last weekend watching us vs. Coon A$$ and thinking just a year ago those 2 teams were playing in the finals. And just how both teams were no where near as good as they were last year. We lost a lot and Coon A$$ lost more than double the production than we lost.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

Apparently you have slept thru February and March and plan to thru April so why bother with a wake up call when the season reaches it's final 10 games. BTW we close with UT, UK and UGA all of whom have more than 20 wins already. Come May the players will be planning their offseason travel and summer ball destinations,

It isn't overreacting when you express displeasure with a team whose performance is schizophrenic. with a coach who seems to be going thru the motions to garner a check. This was reportedly a top ten team and yet displays a complete lack of fundamentals in every phase of the game. Their is no joy in G-ville as the mighty Gators have struck out.

Last season was fun to watch and I was ready for another year of Gator baseball, which started in February, not May. No one will be watching this team in May.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Apparently you have slept thru February and March and plan to thru April so why bother with a wake up call when the season reaches it's final 10 games. BTW we close with UT, UK and UGA all of whom have more than 20 wins already. Come May the players will be planning their offseason travel and summer ball destinations,

It isn't overreacting when you express displeasure with a team whose performance is schizophrenic. with a coach who seems to be going thru the motions to garner a check. This was reportedly a top ten team and yet displays a complete lack of fundamentals in every phase of the game. Their is no joy in G-ville as the mighty Gators have struck out.

Last season was fun to watch and I was ready for another year of Gator baseball, which started in February, not May. No one will be watching this team in May.
ok

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators lead 1-0 with one out in the 3rd. Pitching change. Finally scratch out a run after drawing 5 free passes and without a hit score on a wild pitch. Shelnut then singles for our only hit so far. Other than plunking the leadoff hitter to start the game, Cags has been much better. 40 pitches thru 3 innings for Cags.

Gators have been hit 3 times at the plate in this inning. and only plate 1 run. Not good.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bases juiced with 2 outs and Thomas watches 2 pitches go right down the center of the plate, then is forced to swing at balls and pops up to end the 3rd. As usual, our plate approach is an abortion.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Gators lead 1-0 with one out in the 3rd. Pitching change. Finally scratch out a run after drawing 5 free passes and without a hit score on a wild pitch. Shelnut then singles for our only hit so far. Other than plunking the leadoff hitter to start the game, Cags has been much better. 40 pitches thru 3 innings for Cags.

Gators have been hit 3 times at the plate in this inning. and only plate 1 run. Not good.
Superman is working it and we have left a small village on base.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Bases juiced with 2 outs and Thomas watches 2 pitches go right down the center of the plate, then is forced to swing at balls and pops up to end the 3rd. As usual, our plate approach is an abortion.
Yea would have like to see us manufacture a run there. I know how tough that can actually be to pull off

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cowbell ties it in the 5th. Leadoff double scores an out later on a single. We have had 7 base runners today and only 1 run to show for it. Have to capitalize on gifts.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Interesting SAC choice if so with one out? But Shelnut showed form at least. 1-1 after 5.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags walks the 9 hole hitter to lead off the 6th. After a Sac bunt the Eddie Gaedel SS drives him in with a single. that kid is a player. Intentional walk to their best hitter next (correct play). We walk a guy they get him around. We can't score after 6 free passes. Walks next hitter on 4 pitches. Bases loaded. Walks the next guy on 4 pitches. Unbelievable how Cags got totally off the rails out of nowhere. Cags out McNeillie in

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Cags walks the 9 hole hitter to lead off the 6th. After a Sac bunt the Eddie Gaedel SS drives him in with a single. that kid is a player. Intentional walk to their best hitter next (correct play). We walk a guy they get him around. We can't score after 6 free passes. Walks next hitter on 4 pitches. Bases loaded. Walks the next guy on 4 pitches. Unbelievable how Cags got totally off the rails out of nowhere. Cags out McNeillie in
A team which has no ability to play fundamental sound baseball is at a severe disadvantage against a team that seems to do everything correctly. Can't really blame Cags for thinking he has to strike out everyone since he has no help.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Great catch by Evans to keep us in the game. 3-1 Cowbell. That inning was all on Cags.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A team which has no ability to play fundamental sound baseball is at a severe disadvantage against a team that seems to do everything correctly. Can't really blame Cags for thinking he has to strike out everyone since he has no help.
Perhaps but today Cags was pitching to contact and did not have a lot of K's which is why his pitch count was great until the 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.