2024 Investing Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Rates on the move this AM. 1 YR 5.2%, 2 YR approaching 5 %, 10 YR 4.5%. Grand Master J and his minions going to try and spin this. Crete and his cash hoard..........

I've been running back to TBills like a scalded dog...hit stop orders on Intel a few days ago and AMD....Even defensives are a little put off...

Take it with a grain of salt but I've heard 3 different You Tubers in the last 24 hours state they know for sure there is MASS inside selling from big boys like Gates, Bozo's, Thiel and the like....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
@Concrete Helmet they're on to you

buying real gold with fake money :lol:

we all know that most of the time what the MSM says is 180° from the truth... so when CNN says don't buy physical gold, "it's not what people should be doing".
you know damn well you better throw some money at it

There is no commission in it for their friends on Wall Street....it's always hated until it's not,,,,still the best performing asset over the last 25 years bar none...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I've been running back to TBills like a scalded dog...hit stop orders on Intel a few days ago and AMD....Even defensives are a little put off...

Take it with a grain of salt but I've heard 3 different You Tubers in the last 24 hours state they know for sure there is MASS inside selling from big boys like Gates, Bozo's, Thiel and the like....
that is a fact and those are public record usually. Also hedge funds have been selling at a record clip. I am prepared to make another sizable purchase on Tuesday in the 1 YR TBill auction if rates stay near these levels. And those who purchased 3 YR notes yesterday are already in the red after a 25 basis point move in them today.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've been watching EDV (ETF) - it fell almost 3% today on the inflation news. If the fed cuts rates this year we all know the fix is in (on trying to pump up the economy). There's absolutely no justification to cut rates at this point.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Welp the truth is out....of the 300k jobs reported last week most were gov.....full time positions ACTUALLY FELL...

Time to implement the 15% per month short starting with ANYTHING growth/NASDAQ(it's already rolling over)...take profits and keep your high cash and commodity holdings and buy the livin sh!t out of physical gold/silver and start to take entry(if you haven't already) in miners and energy services/Uranium, coal anf NG...Pay off investment RE if you have any.

Thank you....and you can thank me later....:lol:
PSQ is a leveraged bet against the QQQ

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Excellent piece on Oil in particular and I think pretty spot on. Non partisan but there is some very interesting points concerning current and future scenarios.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You and me both...but, the economy demands restraint. Real estate needs to be on hold until federal spending is under control.
Elevated real estate is a one of the big causes. It means higher insurance costs, higher taxes, etc. etc. These are not discretionary items. I said it in an earlier post that there is only way way out of this and it is not pretty, but has to be done. Could be done with Fiscal restraint, as you suggest, but that is not going to happen, so the FED cannot continue adding gas to the flames. So until they get the excess BS out of the system we are going to continue to be in the this circle jerk. BTW regarding Fiscal policy, gotta credit former Dallas Fed Prez Dick Fisher with a funny today. He said and I paraphrase: 'Both parties equally love and are good at spending money, it is just that one party is more openly happy about it.'

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Elevated real estate is a one of the big causes. It means higher insurance costs, higher taxes, etc. etc. These are not discretionary items. I said it in an earlier post that there is only way way out of this and it is not pretty, but has to be done. Could be done with Fiscal restraint, as you suggest, but that is not going to happen, so the FED cannot continue adding gas to the flames. So until they get the excess BS out of the system we are going to continue to be in the this circle jerk. BTW regarding Fiscal policy, gotta credit former Dallas Fed Prez Dick Fisher with a funny today. He said and I paraphrase: 'Both parties equally love and are good at spending money, it is just that one party is more openly happy about it.'
I would agree this is certainly a circle jerk.....look at what the yield curve did yesterday....It could take years to get it back to normal and while everyones been critical of Powell I wouldn't want to be in his position at all. Still though the data they're getting on the employment side is going to push this over a cliff.....FFS all of the jobs reported were either part time 2nd jobs or government.....neither of which is going to grow the economy despite the money Biden and his goons are throwing into the system through the Inflation Reduction Act.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GDXJ says it don't give a flying f vck about higher rates....nor did the bullion....the other "yellow metal" didn't seem to mind either...URNM and UEC had good days.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Looks like metal mania again this morning.....silver over $29 taking out a 5 year high and Gold just topped $2400 for about the 20th new ATH in the last month or so....juniors should start seeing major inflows today.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Looks like metal mania again this morning.....silver over $29 taking out a 5 year high and Gold just topped $2400 for about the 20th new ATH in the last month or so....juniors should start seeing major inflows today.
That $2400/oz gold didn't last long. But this GLD and SLV rally is impressive. Let's hope it continues. Egor is locked and loaded. Egor like shiny metals.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That $2400/oz gold didn't last long. But this GLD and SLV rally is impressive. Let's hope it continues. Egor is locked and loaded. Egor like shiny metals.
I see it as a healthy pullback even though it still finished higher(another all-time high)than the day before....silver is going to silver....much bigger fluctuations than gold. All of that said don't be surprised if we see more sideways and pullbacks as the rest of the markets seem to be selling off and there are a lot of swing traders in the metals too..

I'm not sure if you got into the GDXJ but I think there is room to run there as it still hasn't taken out it's one year high and isn't even close to it's ATH...Right now I'm holding
GDXJ
Gold Royalty Corp.
Newmont
SILJ
Sibanye Stillwater(Platinum&Platadium)

Looking to add Endeavour Silver and Dolly Varden Silver(if I can, my broker limits some OTC stocks)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I see it as a healthy pullback even though it still finished higher(another all-time high)than the day before....silver is going to silver....much bigger fluctuations than gold. All of that said don't be surprised if we see more sideways and pullbacks as the rest of the markets seem to be selling off and there are a lot of swing traders in the metals too..

I'm not sure if you got into the GDXJ but I think there is room to run there as it still hasn't taken out it's one year high and isn't even close to it's ATH...Right now I'm holding
GDXJ
Gold Royalty Corp.
Newmont
SILJ

Looking to add Endeavour Silver and Dolly Varden Silver(if I can, my broker limits some OTC stocks)
Be nimble... it's 2012/13ish de ja vu all over again... same names, same predictions... not that you can't play it, just be nimble.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

GDXJ
Gold Royalty Corp.
Newmont
SILJ

Great advice. The ETF's are lagging the price of gold right now. There is still value there, especially if the rally continues.

We have GDXJ, NEM, WPM, GDX, SIL, SLV, AGQ, and FNV. Maxed out on metals nearly 2 months ago. Got real lucky with the timing. Thank you Chris Weber (the Weber Report)!

If I had to pick two to put money into ---- GDXJ (super volatile) and FNV (on sale due to a mine that got ganked by a commie government.). And if you want to gamble on silver price ---- AGQ is a leveraged bet on AG. If silver break $30, it may run all the way to $49-50 again.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So, what you're saying is they're like prostitutes... Good in a pinch but you don't want to fall in love :lol:
Yes, exactly, and... guys like Celente get rich all over again, his followers not so much. :lol:

I was surprised a couple of weeks ago that you didn't respond to my "wait 'til Crete discovers junior miners!" comment, but clearly you have. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yes, exactly, and... guys like Celente get rich all over again, his followers not so much. :lol:

I was surprised a couple of weeks ago that you didn't respond to my "wait 'til Crete discovers junior miners!" comment, but clearly you have. :lol:
Yeah, I saw your smart assed remark....I treat the Junior miners like I treat the DPRO's of the world.....small positions for minimal risk and start taking profits when they double...I've lost money on them sometimes and made a few decent licks here and there too. Speculating is speculating...

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
GLNyNdfXIAAxrF-

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.