Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is no way that Bama makes a run without poaching a few. I think we're more or less safe from their net, based on relationships. But, when they decide to make their run, it's going to be a lot of momentum
I keep hearing that bama is gonna make there run. I'll be honest. I'm starting to have some doubts that it's gonna happen

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3* DE Kendall Jackson - Bucholz kid might be committing tomorrow. Between us, Miami, Kentucky, and Texas.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
J
I just want to thank you for all you bring to this board. You put a lot of effort in, so guys like me can get good accurate info. Your posts have clout. I know you love our gators. I’m 78 years old and I have been a diehard gator fan all of my life.
Thanks for all you do!
chihuahua GIF

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3* DE Kendall Jackson - Bucholz kid might be committing tomorrow. Between us, Miami, Kentucky, and Texas.
I heard he was a take early on, did he lose his spot? Certainly we aren’t passing on Ross for him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In state OT Tye Hilton set a commitment date for July 14. I don’t think he’s a take though. I think we are in the hunt for some bigger OL commits.

In the past Hilton would’ve been one of our top commits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like signing the local guys, but it’s getting crowded along that DL. (What a happy thing to say.)
The kid has the frame and has good production. And he’s local. As you said, I just don’t think there’s room.

But I’d hate to lose a local kid who ends up blowing up in college.

He’s Aubrey Hill’s nephew. 6’4, 260lbs.

Here are his stats from 247:

Key player for a Buchholz squad that went 10-3 and made a run in Florida’s new 4S playoffs. Credited with 65 tackles (22 for loss), 12.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 2 INT (one of which was a pick six) and 2 FF.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard he was a take early on, did he lose his spot? Certainly we aren’t passing on Ross for him.
According to the insiders with on3, Kendall Jackson is a definite take. It’s not that we don’t want Ross, it’s that there are other needs in the class beyond DE and spots are getting tight.

IMO, if a five star DE wants to get in the class, you get him in the class. I just don’t buy that we would turn down a 5* player.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
In state OT Tye Hilton set a commitment date for July 14. I don’t think he’s a take though. I think we are in the hunt for some bigger OL commits.

In the past Hilton would’ve been one of our top commits.
A butter's special

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I like signing the local guys, but it’s getting crowded along that DL. (What a happy thing to say.)
We have 3 DL committed. 5 DL total would not be too large a DL class. Bama has been known to take 7, and if I search georgia, lsu, texas, ohio state, etc, those schools have probably taken 5 or more recently. So 5 seems sellable to the 4th and 5th commits. But if we get KJ, it seems unlikely we would get both Ross and LJ McCray.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Ok, serious question for j or alky or anyone else who's following recruiting closer than me. What would take for us get that #1 recruiting ranking and is it a possibility? I guess that was technically 2 questions lol. Would Jeremiah Smith do it?
By the numbers?
Ten top 100 guys better than anyone else's ten top 100 guys and a class average closer to 93.5. Helps that you take those top ten from your competition.
Assuming a class of 25, the next 7 would have to average `95.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The kid has the frame and has good production. And he’s local. As you said, I just don’t think there’s room.

But I’d hate to lose a local kid who ends up blowing up in college.

He’s Aubrey Hill’s nephew. 6’4, 260lbs.

Here are his stats from 247:

Key player for a Buchholz squad that went 10-3 and made a run in Florida’s new 4S playoffs. Credited with 65 tackles (22 for loss), 12.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 2 INT (one of which was a pick six) and 2 FF.
Donkey's response via email:

I know Grantham considers 260 lb a DT , but if you look at our DL recruits, we're just not doing the 260 lb thing anymore. this year perhaps or maybe next year for sure we're going to be lining up three 300 pounders again like a real SEC defense, and maybe four 300 pounders on first and second down. Unfortunately that size kids probably going to end up at Central Fla or another G5 team.

I love big butts and I cannot lie.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey's response via email:

I know Grantham considers 260 lb a DT , but if you look at our DL recruits, we're just not doing the 260 lb thing anymore. this year perhaps or maybe next year for sure we're going to be lining up three 300 pounders again like a real SEC defense, and maybe four 300 pounders on first and second down. Unfortunately that size kids probably going to end up at Central Fla or another G5 team.

I love big butts and I cannot lie.
Tell Donkey he was wrong. Again. Oh yeah, and Trask banged his mom. Again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.