Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Get a guaranteed contract for over $100m? Yeah, Day would be an idiot to take that.
Bjork also stated plainly that the next hire will have a heavily incentive based contract and that they aren't doing the break the bank thing again with a huge buyout. But hey, click bait is fun right? :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all know Michigan people floated those rumors out there

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Bjork also stated plainly that the next hire will have a heavily incentive based contract and that they aren't doing the break the bank thing again with a huge buyout. But hey, click bait is fun right? :lol:
Well, that's A&M's PREFERENCE. There's probably not a major university in the country that would disagree with that, philosophically.

But at any given time, there's at best a mere handful of coaches who can plausibly be called a "sure fire Top Tier national championship quality" coach. (And just because you CALL them that doesn't mean they will BE that. Even if they've done it one place, it's very hard to replicate such success somewhere else. Recent case in point: Jimbo Fisher.)

And when you go to negotiate when your chosen superstar's agent ... they don't want to trade the contract they have for something that is has a relatively low base and huge incentives for performance. A contract structured to put the bulk of the financial risk on the coach isn't anywhere near as attractive as one that guarantees a lot more. As long as the coach keep surfing the wave of winning, there will be other suitors, he can wait. Is that fair? You could debate it. But the universities helped create the system we have, and profited from it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
When recruits are bailing like this, it's probably because they already know something. None of which is good for Napier. If he can't keep recruits, the mountain he has to
Really doubt recruits know something we do not. Napier not likely fired this season even if we lose tomorrow. But they see what we see, ineptness, lack of development, an unproven staff that mismanages games too often. Players don't want to be embarrassed, and "hurting in the locker room".

Negative recruiting. I'm sure opposing coaches are telling recruits BN and or DC are on their way out. Plus, the defense looks horendous.
That's the problem, defense looks stupid. Once, twice a season, can recruit around. But defenses not playing basic football well is something they can see for themselves and don't need coaches telling them that UF is a risk. Another thing that comes to mind is, these kids talk to one another. No telling what some of our players are saying privately.

I'm gonna spin it the other way. We have dealyn Evans visiting this weekend. The Swamp is gonna electric Saturday night. Filsiame is gonna be in town as well. An upset win here could cause a nice wave of positive momentum. There's a few players that might be getable if we could create a little excitement. Borieau, Evans, mincey and Baugh would probably swing this class back into the top 5
That would be incredible. We need this win. the win then salvaging some decommits and landing any of the above. .

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Really doubt recruits know something we do not. Napier not likely fired this season even if we lose tomorrow. But they see what we see, ineptness, lack of development, an unproven staff that mismanages games too often. Players don't want to be embarrassed, and "hurting in the locker room".
Not necessarily talking about Napier there. Could be with the staff as well

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ryan Day is being rumored to TA&M. Whether that happens or not is yet to be seen, but it will affect NSD.

Some of these kids may realize that their future position coach will be gone too.
If A&M has that kind of money to gamble again, wow. I would think the Fisher buyout would leave them short but I guess they have it? I would think they go a little lighter, if possible, but I don't know their financial position.

His current contract doesn't suggest Ohio State has that kind of money to risk, or that up there, they think differently than these Southern ADs that make poor choices with HUGE buyouts. I respect that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if it is rumored or intimated they would have better coaches at UF by the time they arrive, that should be seen as positive.
Not if uncertainty remains. Of course the negative recruiting would play it that way, most likely.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not if uncertainty remains. Of course the negative recruiting would play it that way, most likely.
We all know how much a win tomorrow would help. Lord help us if staff appears to be less than 100%. Back of my mind, I could see us really showing up and playing well. Maybe with a little luck we get some TOs. Their QB has some huge ??? marks. On Brown, might be too much for him. OTOH, the way he played last week, I can envision at end of game we ask why he didn't see more PT. Really seemed like a versatile athlete.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Negative recruiting. I'm sure opposing coaches are telling recruits BN and or DC are on their way out. Plus, the defense looks horendous.
I have a little different take. Telling defensive recruits that Sling Blade and Ham are on their way out is not negative recruiting. Telling recruits that Karl and Ham are still going to be there is the negative recruiting in that the D sux and will not be developed. At least if a recruit thinks Karl and Ham are on the way out, they might possibly say to themselves I will wait and see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator