Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
All the more reason these firings made no sense. The mantra all year was twofold—that we were a young team that just hadn’t learned how to finish, and that he had tremendous confidence in the group in our locker room. Either way he had to know he’s coaching for his life next year. The best chance we had to save him was continuity and off-season growth, with hopefully a surprise contribution impact from either the portal or a Lb incoming recruit. He all but killed any chance we had, and worse, obviously didn’t have a clear path toward new hires in place. I’m doing so, he basically announced to the world that he wasn’t being forthright all year, and that he completely has no clue how to run a football program of this stature. It’s not any wonder that players, on campus already or not, are pulling away from him. Another completely self inflicted wound in a seemingly endless series of such moves.
he didn't fire those two...no doubt they asked to be released or just plain resigned. I'd bet $ they quit because they wanted to jump off the sinking ship immediately and go elsewhere.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
he didn't fire those two...no doubt they asked to be released or just plain resigned. I'd bet $ they quit because they wanted to jump off the sinking ship immediately and go elsewhere.
I'm starting to think the same. I bet they both gave thier notice before the end of the season and agreed to stay on through the last game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Live look in at tater and his process:

Pets Care GIF by Banggood

*Assistant coach shows interest in an open position under Billy*

Billy:
IMG_9523.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just a follow up on Filsaime, as I mentioned earlier he was supposed to have an in home visit from Napier and was told bu the head coach that he’d be bringing the DBs coach. Well, didn’t happen, no one visited him—the 5* safety and second highest rated recruit we have—and we rescheduled for next week. Texas stopped by instead, ahead of his official visit to them next weekend.

Go yourself. Send Armstrong. Whatever. Sell your vision and ensure that a name will happen and he’ll be happy. Don’t freaking reschedule like second rate chiropractor, not to mention painting yourself into a corner by speaking in absolutes like that.

Napier is a good enough guy and needs to come to terms with the fact that he’s not cut out for a job this size. Make some sort of concession to mutually end this before it gets really ugly for all parties. Incidents like above just conform that all the organization and attention to detail we heard about, and were certainly the case at his previous stop, have gone out the window.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just a follow up on Filsaime, as I mentioned earlier he was supposed to have an in home visit from Napier and was told bu the head coach that he’d be bringing the DBs coach. Well, didn’t happen, no one visited him—the 5* safety and second highest rated recruit we have—and we rescheduled for next week. Texas stopped by instead, ahead of his official visit to them next weekend.

Go yourself. Send Armstrong. Whatever. Sell your vision and ensure that a name will happen and he’ll be happy. Don’t freaking reschedule like second rate chiropractor, not to mention painting yourself into a corner by speaking in absolutes like that.

Napier is a good enough guy and needs to come to terms with the fact that he’s not cut out for a job this size. Make some sort of concession to mutually end this before it gets really ugly for all parties. Incidents like above just conform that all the organization and attention to detail we heard about, and were certainly the case at his previous stop, have gone out the window.

Where you get this info from?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

sad lucifer morningstar GIF by Lucifer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Filsaime to Texas? If we're honest, it was probably a very easy sell.

I wish we spent three times the time recruiting Florida as we did Texas, LA, and GA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.