Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Not totally sure. But he was wavering even at 5-2 and trending with McCray. It was OhSt initially, then when they kind of flamed, he started looking at Aub and uga. Basically he’ll sign with anyone as ling as it’s not us. No real idea of what happened other than he cooled.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
WDWHA
Desi Arnaz Latino GIF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not totally sure. But he was wavering even at 5-2 and trending with McCray. It was OhSt initially, then when they kind of flamed, he started looking at Aub and uga. Basically he’ll sign with anyone as ling as it’s not us. No real idea of what happened other than he cooled.
I don’t think it’s weird that he cooled. I think it’s weird that he hasn’t decommitted and opened up his recruitment?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t think it’s weird that he cooled. I think it’s weird that he hasn’t decommitted and opened up his recruitment?

Yeah. That is strange. I’ve seen mock classes since Oct that didn’t have him because they thought he wouldn’t be a part of the class. He may just be very private. I’ve not heard a lot from him even before. But he did explicitly mention that we weren’t winning or developing players, which seemed to be higher on his list than we were initially expecting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The kid is a class rankings booster, that's about it. He's gonna be a portal hopper

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
There isn't a program in the country that gives two hoots whether a target has announced a commitment. If they want a kid they keep the pressure on knowing they will flip some and they will also lose some of their "commitments" along the way. Verbal commitments are as worthless as campaign promises.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The kid is a class rankings booster, that's about it. He's gonna be a portal hopper

To Law’s point, all of these out-of-state kids have a much higher risk of being portal losses. I’ve been saying since the beginning as well that it should force teams to focus much more in their own state or region.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There isn't a program in the country that gives two hoots whether a target has announced a commitment. If they want a kid they keep the pressure on knowing they will flip some and they will also lose some of their "commitments" along the way. Verbal commitments are as worthless as campaign promises.
I’m not talking about other programs. I’m talking about him. I’ve never seen a recruit remain as a committed recruit for months after “eliminating” them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To Law’s point, all of these out-of-state kids have a much higher risk of being portal losses. I’ve been saying since the beginning as well that it should force teams to focus much more in their own state or region.
Florida and Georgia. Only states we should recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The vast majority of verbal commits stick.

Billy is a real outlier though as far as losing half of his first class. I remember when Mullen losing 7 was all the talk.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’m a complete idiot. I got Amaris mixed up with te Amir Jackson. It is my understanding that Jackson has been gone a while but for whatever reason hasn’t decommitted. I went full Biden. I deserve to be roasted.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m a complete idiot. I got Amaris mixed up with te Amir Jackson. It is my understanding that Jackson has been gone a while but for whatever reason hasn’t decommitted. I went full Biden. I deserve to be roasted.

I thought Jackson was still good? Where are you hearing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.