Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I thought, perhaps based on prior years, this had to be BS, but nope. He has 3.5 average air yards per attempt. Damn. See Tua at 5.1, which also seems off based on watching all the long TDs.

2023 Advanced Quarterback Stats | NFL Metrics | FantasyPros

Also found this, but no idea if it is accurate.

The biggest reason for the dropoff was Tyreek Hill blowing town. In the same vein, I'll just bet Tua's air yards per attempt went through the roof the last two years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest reason for the dropoff was Tyreek Hill blowing town. In the same vein, I'll just bet Tua's air yards per attempt went through the roof the last two years.

Look at Mahommes before the trade of Hill and after, there is a 1 to 1.5 air yard per attempt drop. When you have a player of Hills special talents it helps. Also, the crap they have replaced their leading receiver with hasn't helped his air yard/attempt. Kelce is a tight end, most of his catches are near the line of scrimmage, Ried does love the screen game, and there is no real deep threat on that roster.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Isn’t this about the time that someone tells everyone to get back on the topic of the thread?

Screw the NFL.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don’t have a huge issue with horizontal routes. If you look at Patrick Mahomes, the majority of his passes are horizontal. In fact, the majority of passes in football today are horizontal routes.
Horizontal with a receiver in stride is one thing. A fuchen RB resting a foot from the sideline just in case is paltry.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
CJ is one of the most athletic kids I've ever seen. He is a good kid too, for the most part. Had all the budding leadership skills already by age 9. Hope he stays in town.
racist comedy central GIF

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator