Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It is kinda funny. If we are quiet in the crootin front, "it's only June" and "commiting early is retarded" but if we get some kids, it's "told you so" and "were not done" :lol:
My only point is that if a kid is planning to take more visits, HE SHOULD NOT COMMIT. Period. There's absolutely no reason to box yourself in early if you don't have to.

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023

Hawkins breaks down his top three​

Florida: “The player development at Florida stands out. They also have good history at producing receivers and their track program is big too because I want to run track in college.”

Miami: “I like the system at Miami. Coach Dawson runs a great offense and I like how he gets receivers open to make plays.”

Penn State: “I like the offense, I have a good bond with the coaches and I love the staff.”

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Florida: “The player development at Florida stands out. They also have good history at producing receivers and their track program is big too because I want to run track in college.”

Miami: “I like the system at Miami. Coach Dawson runs a great offense and I like how he gets receivers open to make plays.”

Penn State: “I like the offense, I have a good bond with the coaches and I love the staff.”
If he likes the staff, Pedo State is the place.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Well that looks like we stand out pretty markedly.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

If it's a business decision and most are now, he's a gator.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great interview

I’ll be stealing some of the breakdown of a poster on 247 but here is a synopsis

1. First top 2 recruiting class in June in UF history

2. First recruiting class with 6 Top 100 players since 2013

HoustonTXGator
Posted on 58 mins, V I P, User Since 7 months ago, User Post Count: 242
  • 58 minsVIP
  • 7 months
Myles Graham hopped on Hightop Sports last night and wanted to provide some tidbits from it:
  • He's excited to play with everyone, but if he had to pick someone, it would be Hayes
  • Moved to Gainesville a couple weeks ago
  • Couldn't say much about future commits, but he said "stay tuned"
  • He did say the next commit will be a predictable position (methinks Jerrae Hawkins here)
  • He said we obviously won't have a string commits like the past few days, but we'll have splashes here or there to wrap up the class
  • He thinks Jeremiah Smith is pretty locked in with Ohio State, respect the honesty. If anything, would be last second signing day flip, but wouldn't expect it
  • He said all the current commits are locked in and not actively searching even if they haven't said they're 100% shutting down recruitment
  • He thinks we have a better chance with Colin Simmons than J Smith, due to Lagway and Filsaime being Texas guys and actively recruiting him (don't see it happening anyways)
  • Everyone loves being around Coach Armstrong. Has had a large impact on recruiting the guys coming in and really excited to be coached by him
  • Talked to McCray and Mincey at 7on7 yesterday and thinks Florida is in "great great spots" with them
  • Thinks TJ Abrams and Chance close (to a flip). He's gonna keep hitting the phones on them until they're tired of hearing from him. "We're gonna be playing together one day one way or another"

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want to sign Jerrae Hawkins real bad. You simply can't teach his kind of speed. His highlights say plenty. Everyone looks like they are running in slow motion, even the corners. A safety has an angle on him for the tackle but now Hawkins in 5 yards past him. You can't teach that.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I want to sign Jerrae Hawkins real bad. You simply can't teach his kind of speed. His highlights say plenty. Everyone looks like they are running in slow motion, even the corners. A safety has an angle on him for the tackle but now Hawkins in 5 yards past him. You can't teach that.

Speed and moves, escaping a crowd of defenders surrounding him, remind me a bit of Rainey. If he can add strength and 20-25lbs he’ll be a terror.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

PSU was reported as the biggest threat, but they just took a slot WR. So the general thoughts are that Hawkins is ours if we want him.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Any smoke on this one fellas?

A final 5 needs an announcement?
no way whatever GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.