Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I sure do miss me some donkey.
Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

No you don’t. You wish the donkey who speaks through the ox was here. The donkey you “miss” was a broken record who didn’t sound nearly as knowledgeable as the emails he sends now.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
“Florida's staff certainly made sure to feel Jackson wanted, but also did the same with his mom and step dad throughout the process. While on his official visit to Florida in June, it fell during the same weekend as their anniversary. Florida's parents made sure to set their hotel room up with decorations and a spread to help the two celebrate. While it's a small gesture, it helped back up the feeling of knowing the Gators cared for both Jackson and his family away from football.”

The first sentence sounds a little Kevin Spacey, but I digress…

Some of us cringed at the rose petals strewn around his parents’ hotel room. But now we know IT WORKED. Hats off to Katie Turner’s team on that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
“Florida's staff certainly made sure to feel Jackson wanted, but also did the same with his mom and step dad throughout the process. While on his official visit to Florida in June, it fell during the same weekend as their anniversary. Florida's parents made sure to set their hotel room up with decorations and a spread to help the two celebrate. While it's a small gesture, it helped back up the feeling of knowing the Gators cared for both Jackson and his family away from football.”

The first sentence sounds a little Kevin Spacey, but I digress…

Some of us cringed at the rose petals strewn around his parents’ hotel room. But now we know IT WORKED. Hats off to Katie Turner’s team on that.
its still super cringe and embarrassing. make some reservations for them at a nice restaurant. hell foot the bill, send them a private cadi to pick them up, but decorating their room and BED with rose petals? thats just freaking cringe. might as well have had billy in there to give them each a reach around.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
its still super cringe and embarrassing. make some reservations for them at a nice restaurant. hell foot the bill, send them a private cadi to pick them up, but decorating their room and BED with rose petals? thats just freaking cringe. might as well have had billy in there to give them each a reach around.

I disagree. It seemed to have helped some.

ymmv

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
this was a layup recruitment. Unless Billy slapped KJ’s mom with his pecker this was UF’s to lose

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
Strange how silent the "Cristobal can recruit" guys have gone.
Funny what happens when UM's billion dollar NLI sugar daddy John Ruiz appears to have been running a massive fraud? Ruiz's company Sh!ts the bed. I am willing to bet Ruiz doesn't have millions of dollars to "help" them get to the Final Four again this year. Or to try to steal more of our football recruits this year, like they did last year.

For those of you who wanted a pictorial representation of how well Ruiz's SPAC is doing:

1689293992137.png

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Strange how silent the "Cristobal can recruit" guys have gone.
Yeah, I thought Cristobalz was a recruiting guru mofo machine. Goes to show you what scUM is. No matter how you paint a turd, it's still a turd.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
More from Donkey:

I'd take a 3 star Florida kid who plays known competition over a 4 star out of state kid. We really need to establish that

The staff must be happy with his potential to grow larger and/or play a true Buck, which for Billy at ULL usually meant something like "just as likely to blitz as drop into pass coverage and definitely capable of setting the edge" vs. the Grantham "flyweight speed rusher dude who somehow all seemed terrible in pass coverage despite their speed".

As for class rank, we aren't even close to being #1. I think we will end up in the 5-7 range. It's ok, but more than finishing strong with some 5 star out of state kids, I'd prefer to see us close the gap with the Florida top 25 type kids. So long as Georgia owns that, we are going to struggle. That has to be the next step we have to take IMO.

When you look at our 3 star takes though, a good method is to see what their ACTUAL visits are. Fletcher Westphal, 2024 Offensive Tackle, Florida These aren't just valentines "offers" Westphal got, he was being dined by almost every elite school in the east. In fact, I think he visited more than any person I've ever seen. Maybe that's why he didn't have time to camp or something which probably affect his rivals ranking.

Back to Rivals "losing everyone to ON3", I have a friend, now a small college DC, who did some moonlighting for Rivals. He said they lost all their "journalists" (if you consider Newburg and Bowlcut journalists, more like marginally employed former interns that at some point volunteered to be near Dooley) to ON3. They didn't lose any of their actual football scouts, former GAs, coaches etc. ON3 owns social media though, because that is their focus. Rivals still mostly sells data to schools with smaller budgets. Personally, Im not sure how I like that business model as most schools increase their scouting budgets. Plus Rivals data mostly covers their camps, and youd think those are mostly kids going to big schools. I don't know, but I know ON3 is garbage.

Bring him back already?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s a comparison to the classes under Mullen and Butters.

Too 100 recruits

Napier
2024 - 6
2023 - 4 (Rashada didn’t enroll, Kelby, Ja’Keem, and Kamran)
2022 - 3 (Kamari Wilson and Shemar James)

Mullen
2021 - 2 (Marshall and Scooby)
2020 - 3 (Wingo, Hendo, Gervon)
2019 - 4 (Steele, K. Elam, Bogle, and Hopper - only 1 of these guys played significant minutes at UF)
2018 - 1 (Copeland)

Butters
2017 - 1 (Slaton)
2016 - 4 (Cleveland, Franks, Clayton, and Chauncey Gardner)
2015 - 2 (Ivey, Jefferson)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s a comparison to the classes under Mullen and Butters.

Too 100 recruits

Napier
2024 - 6
2023 - 4 (Rashada didn’t enroll, Kelby, Ja’Keem, and Kamran)
2022 - 3 (Kamari Wilson and Shemar James)

Mullen
2021 - 2 (Marshall and Scooby)
2020 - 3 (Wingo, Hendo, Gervon)
2019 - 4 (Steele, K. Elam, Bogle, and Hopper - only 1 of these guys played significant minutes at UF)
2018 - 1 (Copeland)

Butters
2017 - 1 (Slaton)
2016 - 4 (Cleveland, Franks, Clayton, and Chauncey Gardner)
2015 - 2 (Ivey, Jefferson)
I don't see much difference. 2023 for nap should only be 3 since the dude never came. 6 in 24 looks a bit better but none of them have signed or showed up yet either. I'm not being a downer when I say we should reserve applause until they sign and enroll.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see much difference. 2023 for nap should only be 3 since the dude never came. 6 in 24 looks a bit better but none of them have signed or showed up yet either. I'm not being a downer when I say we should reserve applause until they sign and enroll.
The implication is that Napier is trending up. As always, it remains to be seen who actually shows up on campus enrolled in classes.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
With NIL and the transfer portal, even signing and enrolling means nothing. Unless they stay and play for three years, its a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator