Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Still on this nonsense? Question: how many programs in the country do you think could rattle off three consecutive losing seasons, and still be recruiting where we are at the moment? We won’t stay there, but we’re in the Top 5-6 classes at the moment. Really think about that. The only reason is because of what UF is and the natural draw. There are hundreds of competent coaches that would kill to have that brand to sell. Someone like Drinkwitz at Mizzou could win 10 games a year for 3 straight and not sniff that level. The issue has nothing to do with Florida’s brand, and everything to do with stupid people hiring stupid people. And then, no offense to anyone, but people here and elsewhere peddling the narrative that that isn’t the root cause.
Case in point:

From 1980-2012 - 32 years - zero losing seasons
6 coaches

That include 3 probational periods, 3 ineligible for the SECC , 2 with lost scholarships and no tv.

2013-2023 - 10 years - 5 losing seasons.
4 coaches

Whats the common factor over the past decade?

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This really isn't about BN or any coach, we got eyes. We had them for our other projects .The admin is clearly not living up to the fan base expectations. They are the ones tarnishing things. And as far as "ass", if we ain't happening for some top kids we might as well be ass, the results are the same.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, Obviously, we should continue to let coaches run the program in the dirt, even after it's blatantly obvious, the coach is a blundering idiot that's in way over his head.
Anyone that's watched this team play, can easily see the product on the field is more like pop warner than SEC caliber.

Seriously, how many losing seasons should we wait before making the obvious choice?

Meyer said it best, Florida isn't the place for mediocre.

The best part of Meyer’s comment was nobody’s forcing you to stay here. He also basically echoed what I’ve said for years. You can’t live having 90k people stop their lives and spend entire days in the heat devoted to helping you win, plus countless millions of others tuning in, then get offended when they get upset that you’re losing. As he said, go somewhere else. Love those slaps. He’s not afraid to call a loser a loser.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ox disagrees with you. Bill getting all of next year. Maybe even 2025
No way in hell he makes it through another losing season.
The Swamp will draw about 45,000 and contributions will dry up to a Fn drip.

Well, If the current Administration at UF wants to ruin UF as a College Football powerhouse for good, 2 more losing seasons will do just that.
Apathy and a disillusioned fan base ruins a brand.
Once people leave, and find other avenues for their fandom, they will never come back.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Still on this nonsense? Question: how many programs in the country do you think could rattle off three consecutive losing seasons, and still be recruiting where we are at the moment? We won’t stay there, but we’re in the Top 5-6 classes at the moment. Really think about that. The only reason is because of what UF is and the natural draw. There are hundreds of competent coaches that would kill to have that brand to sell. Someone like Drinkwitz at Mizzou could win 10 games a year for 3 straight and not sniff that level. The issue has nothing to do with Florida’s brand, and everything to do with stupid people hiring stupid people. And then, no offense to anyone, but people here and elsewhere peddling the narrative that that isn’t the root cause.

IMG_9540.jpeg

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
Of course they’re negatively recruiting against us. I’d be pissed(though not surprised) to hear we aren’t doing the same, or were in recent years.

Btw, Hayes now apparently on Tiktok asking if he should go to um or UF. We may not be Top 20 when all the dust settles.
That's crazy, Hayes was 100% in.

I mentioned this before, I sat next to him at the Tennessee game. He was so excited about that game. Nonstop cheering, gave me and my kids high 5s throughout that game. He told me he was ready to start school. He was planning on moving up to Gainesville in December.

Now, he doesn't strike me as a deep thinker but a great kid. It would suck to lose him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Case in point:

From 1980-2012 - 32 years - zero losing seasons
6 coaches

That include 3 probational periods 8neligibke for the SECC , 2 with lost scholarships and no tv.

2013-2023 - 10 years - 5 losing seasons.
4 coaches

Whats the common factor over the past decade?

It rhymes with weak, closet gay athletic directors.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
No way in hell he makes it through another losing season.
The Swamp will draw about 45,000 and contributions will dry up to a Fn drip.

Well, If the current Administration at UF wants to ruin UF as a College Football powerhouse for good, 2 more losing seasons will do just that.
Apathy and a disillusioned fan base ruins a brand.
Once people leave, and find other avenues for their fandom, they will never come back.
If the stadium is half-full next season, that justifies the $400M upgrade that reduces capacity.

Self fulfilling prophecy.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Fuch Strickin and the UAA.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That's crazy, Hayes was 100% in.

I mentioned this before, I sat next to him at the Tennessee game. He was so excited about that game. Nonstop cheering, gave me and my kids high 5s throughout that game. He told me he was ready to start school. He was planning on moving up to Gainesville in December.

Now, he doesn't strike me as a deep thinker but a great kid. It would suck to lose him.

“Now, he doesn’t strike me as a deep thinker..”

IMG_9541.jpeg

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Guarantee, negative recruiting going on here, and I don't blame anyone for doing it.

"Napier is going to get fired early next year!"
Class is falling a part because of it and the thing is....It's true.

We all know this FN clown is not going to make it through the first 5 games of 2024.

When this class falls apart, we need to bring in another coach.
What is the point of keeping him when half his first class has bailed, players are transferring over lack of development, he is not firing staff that needs to go, not replacing those that left in a timely fashion, getting nothing from the portal, and is going to watch Lagway, McRay, and Filsame flip?

We effectively don’t have a coach now so are we waiting for someone to “finish the season”?

This is beyond ludicrous. He needs to be shown the door and Stricklin and Foley need to be sent to the moon.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think ya'll are hoping against hope he gets fired before sometime next season. It's causing you way too much stress. I get it though, like I've said, I think the evidence to convict is there.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I think ya'll are hoping against hope he gets fired before sometime next season. It's causing you way too much stress. I get it though, like I've said, I think the evidence to convict is there.
Yeah. The circus freaks have crammed us into the clown car and we’re riding into the land of suck so they can reduce his buyout.
Clown Clowning Around GIF by Sarah Squirm

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. The circus freaks have crammed us into the clown car and we’re riding into the land of suck so they can reduce his buyout.
Clown Clowning Around GIF by Sarah Squirm
Not really. We're fans and alums, so it's going to mean more to us. And because of that we want things to progress in a way that seems logical to us. Don't work that way. Hey, if I scream loud enough and send email it will make a difference. Nope. Powers that be don't knee jerk, they make decisions that protect them. So relax, it really isn't that important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.