Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
like lagway is going to play enough next year to make one iota of difference. GTfOh , Billy anf his clown posse are cooked bruh , dead
Men walking . Just a matter of when the bell tolls

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
like lagway is going to play enough next year to make one iota of difference. GTfOh , Billy anf his clown posse are cooked bruh , dead
Men walking . Just a matter of when the bell tolls
1) Billy knows if he has another bad season he may be fired, no matter what he was promised. Playing Lagway and showing possible glimpses of the future is in his best interest and he knows it. Could buy him some time.

2) Lagway is going to insist he plays or he'll transfer. Welcome to college football, 2024.

3) Mertz isn't going to make it through the season without getting hurt.

4) Go get laid. You contribute nothing but total crap. The grammar and punctuation errors in this post show you made it slobbering drunk. Check into a rehab center after getting laid.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) Billy knows if he has another bad season he may be fired, no matter what he was promised. Playing Lagway and showing possible glimpses of the future is in his best interest and he knows it. Could buy him some time.

2) Lagway is going to insist he plays or he'll transfer. Welcome to college football, 2024.

3) Mertz isn't going to make it through the season without getting hurt.

4) Go get laid. You contribute nothing but total crap. The grammar and punctuation errors in this post show you made it slobbering drunk. Check into a rehab center after getting laid.
Ox, I think you are correct that Lagway must play next year. I think ideally it starts like others have opined in a similar fashion to what Urban did with Timmy and Chris Leak. Certain packages to begin with but not necessarily with Lagway as only a short yardage or battering ram QB. Where it goes from there will depend on the effectiveness of either QB and certainly the games’ outcomes. If I had to speculate, I could easily see Lagway’s mobility eventually being the separating factor, especially if the OL doesn’t show marked improvement over last season, a factor I can’t say that I’m feeling overly confident about at the moment.

Now, where @Gator98MD is concerned, his fears are legitimate and held by a great number of our fans. We’ve nobody but Billy to thank for that as a result of what looks to be a lack of foresight and introspection in many areas of his program. There are lights being finally turned on, but as has been asked, will it be too late to affect enough needed changes to right the ship? Recruiting and the portal are two hugely important factors that thus far have not met expectations in my opinion, though there is still time remaining, I believe, to get a few more (praying for lineman that can contribute on both sides of the ball), but we can’t count that as done until it is done. Billy’s job before him is now HUGE and frankly he’s not instilled a lot of confidence that he and the staff is up to it. But maybe he‘s finally feeling the heat from his @ss catching fire and can make some forward progress. We’ll see. This spring will be interesting.

Last thing, don’t worry about Doc 98 needing any trim. I’ll bet he gets all the hookups he needs from the number of hospital interactions, penicillin treatments, and breast / rectal exams administered, etc. on a daily basis. Not to mention all those needy big girls they hire as nurses these days. Doc’s got all he can handle :lol:

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Ox, I think you are correct that Lagway must play next year. I think ideally it starts like others have opined in a similar fashion to what Urban did with Timmy and Chris Leak. Certain packages to begin with but not necessarily with Lagway as only a short yardage or battering ram QB. Where it goes from there will depend on the effectiveness of either QB and certainly the games’ outcomes. If I had to speculate, I could easily see Lagway’s mobility eventually being the separating factor, especially if the OL doesn’t show marked improvement over last season, a factor I can’t say that I’m feeling overly confident about at the moment.

Now, where @Gator98MD is concerned, his fears are legitimate and held by a great number of our fans. We’ve nobody but Billy to thank for that as a result of what looks to be a lack of foresight and introspection in many areas of his program. There are lights being finally turned on, but as has been asked, will it be too late to affect enough needed changes to right the ship? Recruiting and the portal are two hugely important factors that thus far have not met expectations in my opinion, though there is still time remaining, I believe, to get a few more (praying for lineman that can contribute on both sides of the ball), but we can’t count that as done until it is done. Billy’s job before him is now HUGE and frankly he’s not instilled a lot of confidence that he and the staff is up to it. But maybe he‘s finally feeling the heat from his @ss catching fire and can make some forward progress. We’ll see. This spring will be interesting.

Last thing, don’t worry about Doc 98 needing any trim. I’ll bet he gets all the hookups he needs from the number hospital interactions, penicillin treatments, and breast / rectal exams administered, etc. on a daily basis. Not to mention all those needy big girls they hire as nurses these days. Doc’s got all he can handle :lol:
Sorry, TLDR, still stuck on…
Jerry Seinfeld Comedy GIF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Last thing, don’t worry about Doc 98 needing any trim. I’ll bet he gets all the hookups he needs from the number hospital interactions, penicillin treatments, and breast / rectal exams administered, etc. on a daily basis. Not to mention all those needy big girls they hire as nurses these days. Doc’s got all he can handle :lol:
Definitely agree as you do and Ox on Lagway.

The Mobility may be the most important factor due to the OL as you state. You would have to think that if there is no progress at all Lagway is going to be a better option to compensate for that. Hoping that we get OL improvement but not banking on it. I also feel that BN is going to have to play Lagway for several reasons. Mainly to keep him happy, to give us more offensive options, and most of all experience because with the OL, Mertz may not survive the whole season. He must be as game ready as possible.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Definitely agree as you do and Ox on Lagway.

The Mobility may be the most important factor due to the OL as you state. You would have to think that if there is no progress at all Lagway is going to be a better option to compensate for that. Hoping that we get OL improvement but not banking on it. I also feel that BN is going to have to play Lagway for several reasons. Mainly to keep him happy, to give us more offensive options, and most of all experience because with the OL, Mertz may not survive the whole season. He must be as game ready as possible.
He needs to play for all the reasons all have opined. From Lagway's position he is going to want to contribute immediately as he is very competitive. He also will be evaluating what his growth potential will be in our system. Also the direction of BN's future employment trends all become just another decision point for this young man. He will then do what he and his family think is best for him, stay or go!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway is BN's only hope to stick around. If he fails, Napier is fired and Lagway transfers.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think BN had a a pretty legitimate plan that SS bought and had worked at a lower level. But the speed and unpredictability of the changes to college football since then couldn't have been predicted. It just hasn't worked, no way to shoehorn it into that mold. Plus, his natural reluctance to adapt is working against him. He...and SS have a small window to do something

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think BN had a a pretty legitimate plan that SS bought and had worked at a lower level. But the speed and unpredictability of the changes to college football since then couldn't have been predicted. It just hasn't worked, no way to shoehorn it into that mold. Plus, his natural reluctance to adapt is working against him. He...and SS have a small window to do something
His plan was likely based on what he witnessed at Bama and Clemson, two programs that have dominated the last decade. Both had rosters stacked to the ceiling, netting a talent advantage in nearly every game they played. Billy will never amass that much talent at UF. We don't pay enough. Like you said, Billy is slow to adapt. A throwback will not catch up to the new circumstances of paid college football. Now, everyone can pay for players. Time to bust out the wallet and find us a couple mercenary Offensive Tackles, and maybe a center.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I think Napier was going to get a lot of time to build the program and adapt to the challenges of doing it in today's environment. All he had to do was win 7-8 games and keep it trending up.
If he does, he keeps his class together which was stellar and has very few if any meaningful transfers.
Just a sound S&C program (like keeping Savage) or average game day coaching and he easily does that and would have been given that time. Even he, if being honest has to be shocked at how fast it fell apart.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not pretend that the transfer portal and NIL are the reasons he's failed.

They have nothing to do with mind numbingly dumb play calls, staffing assignments, or the inability to count to 11.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you carry the 1 and divide by 2, then move the decimal point to the left four times, his classes are almost as good as Dildo Dan’s
Lets just hope the people in charge of the NIL program don't misplace anymore decimal points....:lol:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

They have nothing to do with mind numbingly dumb play calls, staffing assignments, or the inability to count to 11.
You're right, those things are self inflicted and only compound the things he couldn't control. There's always little room for error in the SEC and he can only blame himself for some of our issues.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds like the Lt. Dike decisions outnumber the Maj. Winters’ ones we’ve seen Billy make…in retrospect, he might have been promoted too quickly. But then Stricklin has certainly proved to be no Col. Sink.

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Special teams will continue to be ignored .
Lagway is BN's only hope to stick around. If he fails, Napier is fired and Lagway transfers.
certainly has the makings of a Chris Leak / Zook situation. I just have the feeling Billy is gonna hang onto his Ingle Martin and screw us all

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator