Founding Member
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely agree as you do and Ox on Lagway.

The Mobility may be the most important factor due to the OL as you state. You would have to think that if there is no progress at all Lagway is going to be a better option to compensate for that. Hoping that we get OL improvement but not banking on it. I also feel that BN is going to have to play Lagway for several reasons. Mainly to keep him happy, to give us more offensive options, and most of all experience because with the OL, Mertz may not survive the whole season. He must be as game ready as possible.

I know we haven't recruiting the oline very well. But alot of our issues are scheme. The slow developing pass plays, and all the heavy formations. The predictable play calling at times. The lack of an intermediate passing game. Its a recipe for poor oline play. Granted George is gonna struggle at tackle in any scheme.
I think if marion comes in and is handed the full reins of the offense, the performance of our oline is gonna drastically improve.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Special teams will continue to be ignored .

certainly has the makings of a Chris Leak / Zook situation. I just have the feeling Billy is gonna hang onto his Ingle Martin and screw us all
You bite your tongue. Ingle Martin is one of the best posters we've ever freakin had here

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway is BN's only hope to stick around. If he fails, Napier is fired and Lagway transfers.
It is almost impossible to hire a less attractive HC/OC for Lagway. He isnt here for Buzzcut Billys tardish 60th ranked (run first) scoring offenses. He is here because we paid him.

He will stay. And if he doesnt bc he wants to find some other bottom shelf playcaller then itshows he is too dumb to succeed anyway.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It is almost impossible to hire a less attractive HC/OC for Lagway. He isnt here for Buzzcut Billys tardish 60th ranked (run first) scoring offenses. He is here because we paid him.
Right, and no others schools were willing to pay him, right? There was a mad rush to pull him away by some pretty big schools there at the end. It's laughable to imply that other schools weren't willing to match (or exceed) what he was offered at UF.

Smart or stupid, Lagway liked what he heard from Billy about the offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Right, and no others schools were willing to pay him, right? There was a mad rush to pull him away by some pretty big schools there at the end. It's laughable to imply that other schools weren't willing to match (or exceed) what he was offered at UF.

Not only were they not wiling to pay him, I have it on good authority that at least one of those schools wanted him to walk on. Said he wasn’t scholly worthy. Wouldn’t waste a scholly on him.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not only were they not wiling to pay him, I have it on good authority that at least one of those schools wanted him to walk on. Said he wasn’t scholly worthy. Wouldn’t waste a scholly on him.
No one outside of him and his family will ever know all the details about why he chose UF over so many other suitors, but the fact that he stuck with it despite the trash napier has put on the field for 2 years tells me the kid is all gator no matter what and that is a great thing. Gives us hope that when tater's lit on fire and shot out of a cannon back towards hickville next October, that he will remain.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

He will stay. And if he doesnt bc he wants to find some other bottom shelf playcaller then itshows he is too dumb to succeed anywa
Here you go Donk you seem to be nearing the lead for needing to get laid so just send $25 for S&H my standard cut of 40% on. $250 and you’ll be a new man in no time at all
IMG_0921.jpeg

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

I saw a mini doc on DJ that was done when it looked like he was getting the Gator aid player of the year award. He’s a small town country boy from a place with less than 7,000 residents, and his family has a rural southern vibe that likely led to a personal connection with Billy that other coaches couldn’t generate. We rag on BN for his good ol boy demeanor, but in this particular case, it was probably a big plus.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I saw a mini doc on DJ that was done when it looked like he was getting the Gator aid player of the year award. He’s a small town country boy from a place with less than 7,000 residents, and his family has a rural southern vibe that likely led to a personal connection with Billy that other coaches couldn’t generate. We rag on BN for his good ol boy demeanor, but in this particular case, it was probably a big plus.
billy bob thornton fargo GIF

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one outside of him and his family will ever know all the details about why he chose UF over so many other suitors, but the fact that he stuck with it despite the trash napier has put on the field for 2 years tells me the kid is all gator no matter what and that is a great thing. Gives us hope that when tater's lit on fire and shot out of a cannon back towards hickville next October, that he will remain.
He’s already said that Billy is the reason he’s coming to UF. It’s delusional to think that he stays if Nape is fired.

We all need to curb our UF enthusiasm:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator