Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 4* OL (Top 150) Peyton Joseph decommits

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I can agree on the idea that he is a decent person. But his insistence on doing things a certain way, despite fans’ objections, and with little regard for what’s come of those decisions, definitely dampens the argument that he’s much different than the last few. As I have said, Zook was actually a better coach(that was tough to type) and was willing to do whatever it took to win. He just wasn’t good enough. Napier seems ok to take us for 30 mil as long as he gets to do what he wants. His insistence in a lot of failed experiments says he doesn’t care the cost. “Good guy” or not, I’m not ok with that.
Dood...calm your titties...I was replying to a comment that said he was an a$$hole. Nothing to do with coaching all that other stuff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dood...calm your titties...I was replying to a comment that said he was an a$$hole. Nothing to do with coaching all that other stuff.

I understand the context and nature of what you were saying. My rebuttal to that is that a “great guy” doesn’t scoff at fans, openly call them out in a post game press conference after being raped by Kentucky, or stubbornly insist that his way is the right way when mounting evidence proves otherwise, all while collecting a fortune from the fanbase you profess to care about. So I do think the perception is that he’s a decent person. But there is valid reason to openly question how superficial that may be give the details above.

Btw, just checked on my titties. They’re calm. And real and spectacular as well, but seems like side bar discussion.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I understand the context and nature of what you were saying. My rebuttal to that is that a “great guy” doesn’t scoff at fans, openly call them out in a post game press conference after being raped by Kentucky, or stubbornly insist that his way is the right way when mounting evidence proves otherwise, all while collecting a fortune from the fanbase you profess to care about. So I do think the perception is that he’s a decent person. But there is valid reason to openly question how superficial that may be give the details above.

Btw, just checked on my titties. They’re calm. And real and spectacular as well, but seems like side bar discussion.
I dunno...they seem to be getting even more excited.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Napier seems ok to take us for 30 mil as long as he gets to do what he wants. His insistence in a lot of failed experiments says he doesn’t care the cost. “Good guy” or not, I’m not ok with that.
Seems like he understood how to build a modern recruiting support apparatus which we did need and would work if he could put the rest of it together. Players really do care about staff competence.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think he was suggesting ice. You’re being watched.

music video headlights GIF by Lady Gaga

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like he understood how to build a modern recruiting support apparatus which we did need and would work if he could put the rest of it together. Players really do care about staff competence.
i think he was just sharp enough to realize a modern recruiting apparatus comprises big fancy facilities, and a whole lot of people. however, id say that's about the extent of his understanding.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Weve had 9-3 talent for the last few years but keep having losing seasons. I know we want to act like the roster is significantly improved from the last year or 2, but it isnt. It's about the same. If better, its not by a whole lot. So we essentially have another 9-3 roster still being coached by the same 5-7 level staff. The only thing that's really changed in the last couple seasons is our schedule appears MUCH more difficult. I think the schedule and our 5-7 coaching staff are pretty significant reasons.

5-7 coaching talent

86d2b828ac8b0dbee85ac5ac90604114.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Lagway will hopefully get PT as a change-up like Tebow did. DJ Shockling comes to mind, too. No excuses, absent an injury that forces Lagway in for too much too soon. And the 3rd stringer looks competent.

We’ve got a highly efficient & experienced veteran QB, dynamic WR with other pieces around him and a tough backfield.

This year depends most on the OL. If we can’t run and protect significantly better than last year, we’ll be stuck with short passes and need near perfection to move the ball. We’ve got guys this staff evaluated and have developed, so find 8-10 you can rely on. Slaughter is solid. Harris and Kearny should be ready.

Next is the secondary. Castell and Moore grade very well, Marshall is back, Dijon should be ready to contribute. The staff picked the transfers to plug gaps and fill depth.

Then the DL. We’ve got size, so don’t get pushed around. Penetrate. Figure out who can get to the QB off the edge.

The other unknown is what they are doing right now in the weight room and film room. They’ll tell us all spring how hard they’ve worked and how together they are. And they probably believe it. We won’t know until September.

The leap from 5-7 to the Outback Bowl isn’t nearly as difficult as going from good to great. So make this step now.

You’ve brought in extra help for defense, S&C, ST & situational football and player development. You’re betting on yourself and your offensive staff.

No excuses.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway will hopefully get PT as a change-up like Tebow did. DJ Shockling comes to mind, too. No excuses, absent an injury that forces Lagway in for too much too soon. And the 3rd stringer looks competent.

We’ve got a highly efficient & experienced veteran QB, dynamic WR with other pieces around him and a tough backfield.

This year depends most on the OL. If we can’t run and protect significantly better than last year, we’ll be stuck with short passes and need near perfection to move the ball. We’ve got guys this staff evaluated and have developed, so find 8-10 you can rely on. Slaughter is solid. Harris and Kearny should be ready.

Next is the secondary. Castell and Moore grade very well, Marshall is back, Dijon should be ready to contribute. The staff picked the transfers to plug gaps and fill depth.

Then the DL. We’ve got size, so don’t get pushed around. Penetrate. Figure out who can get to the QB off the edge.

The other unknown is what they are doing right now in the weight room and film room. They’ll tell us all spring how hard they’ve worked and how together they are. And they probably believe it. We won’t know until September.

The leap from 5-7 to the Outback Bowl isn’t nearly as difficult as going from good to great. So make this step now.

You’ve brought in extra help for defense, S&C, ST & situational football and player development. You’re betting on yourself and your offensive staff.

No excuses.

Oh don’t worry, they will find excuses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Of course we havent.

the next round of excuses will be that poor idiot Billy just needs an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and ST bc the game has changed so much or something.

And his recruiting worse than Butters and Dildo Dan is because of the fans being negative not his three years of losing. Which of course was terrible scheduling and no one could possible beat Kentucky post Mullen.

None of this is his fault, of course.

And the same morons who have made excuse after excuse up until now will be repeating what they are told, like brainless parrots they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator