23 y/o Charlie Weis Jr is the TE's coach at FAU

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This just blows my mind. Look at all the veteran coaches that are "analysts" or "quality control coach" that want an on-field coaching gig. This kid was a "student assistant"/team manager at UF and Kansas and Saban hired him as an "analyst"....now Kiffin gives him his first full time job. Do you think college football players are going to respect this kid? I know he's trying to work his way up the ladder, but he's not even 24 years old yet! And just like his dad, he never played the game.

(I am probably biased because I don't like his oxygen-thief father, but this just screams "daddy's boy!!"):

http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/charlie_weis_jr_1036543.html

Charlie Weis, Jr.

12391166.jpeg

arrow.gif
Position:
Assistant Coach/TE
arrow.gif
Birthdate:
04/29/1993
arrow.gif
Alma Mater:
Kansas '15

At FAU
Charlie Weis joined the FAU football staff in December of 2017 and will focus his attention on the tight end position.
At Alabama
Weis comes to FAU from the University of Alabama where he served two seasons as the offensive analyst for the Tides’ quarterbacks and running backs. He was a direct report to then-Alabama Offensive Coordinator Lane Kiffin.

In that role, Weis provided in-season details on opponent’s defensive schemes, worked with in-game communications for adjustments, aided in national recruiting efforts for the running backs, aided in offseason fourth quarter program on speed and agility drills and worked directly with Heisman Trophy-winning running back Derrick Henry during the 2015 season. At Alabama, Weis was a part of building a 30-2 record, winning two SEC Championships and one National Championship.

At Kansas
Weis joined the Alabama staff after a three-year stint as the University of Kansas team manager. While at Kansas, Weis assisted the position coaches in practice by administering and directing drills. He ran position meetings for the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers. He also led opponent breakdown in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

New England Patriots
Weis gained extra experience in 2014 (July-August) as a New England Patriots Volunteer Training Camp Intern. In that role, he worked with the offensive staff and assisted tight end coach Brian Daboll creating highlight and lowlight cutups and coordinating quarterback practice production notes.

At Florida
Prior to KU, Weis served as a University of Florida offensive quality control coach, focusing his efforts with the wide receivers.

Personal
Born: April 29, 1993
Hometown: South Bend, Indiana
Education: BS University of Kansas ’15 with a degree in psychology with a minor in sociology
Family: Jennifer (wife). Son of NFL and Collegiate Head Coach Charlie

Coaching Experience
2015-16 – Alabama (Offensive Analyst)
2014 – New England Patriots (Summer Volunteer Intern)
2012-14 – Kansas (Manager)
2011 – Florida (Offensive Quality Control Coach/WR)

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the players from Overtown and Liberty City will respect and listen to a 23 year old kid who has never played football before and probably couldn't catch a cold.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm sure the players from Overtown and Liberty City will respect and listen to a 23 year old kid who has never played football before and probably couldn't catch a cold.

I am pretty sure the kids from Overtown and Liberty City who are not rated high enough to get a high power 5 school offer will happily listen to a 23 year old talk about his time as the offensive analyst at UAL. Those are the players FAU will be hoping to attract. That is they will be competing with UCF, KU, etc. I bet those many of those players will not even distinguish between an offensive coach and an offensive analyst.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, is there any doubt that our next TE coach comes from FIU, FAU, or NT? So, about a 33 percent chance we hire him next.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am pretty sure the kids from Overtown and Liberty City who are not rated high enough to get a high power 5 school offer will happily listen to a 23 year old talk about his time as the offensive analyst at UAL.

Yeah, sure, all those months of "experience" as a gofer at Bama will keep them in rapt attention.

:jerkstore:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I never hear much about us have a support staff like this, I wonder some times if we even have such.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This just blows my mind. Look at all the veteran coaches that are "analysts" or "quality control coach" that want an on-field coaching gig. This kid was a "student assistant"/team manager at UF and Kansas and Saban hired him as an "analyst"....now Kiffin gives him his first full time job. Do you think college football players are going to respect this kid? I know he's trying to work his way up the ladder, but he's not even 24 years old yet! And just like his dad, he never played the game.

(I am probably biased because I don't like his oxygen-thief father, but this just screams "daddy's boy!!"):

http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/charlie_weis_jr_1036543.html

Charlie Weis, Jr.

12391166.jpeg

arrow.gif
Position:
Assistant Coach/TE
arrow.gif
Birthdate:
04/29/1993
arrow.gif
Alma Mater:
Kansas '15

At FAU
Charlie Weis joined the FAU football staff in December of 2017 and will focus his attention on the tight end position.
At Alabama
Weis comes to FAU from the University of Alabama where he served two seasons as the offensive analyst for the Tides’ quarterbacks and running backs. He was a direct report to then-Alabama Offensive Coordinator Lane Kiffin.

In that role, Weis provided in-season details on opponent’s defensive schemes, worked with in-game communications for adjustments, aided in national recruiting efforts for the running backs, aided in offseason fourth quarter program on speed and agility drills and worked directly with Heisman Trophy-winning running back Derrick Henry during the 2015 season. At Alabama, Weis was a part of building a 30-2 record, winning two SEC Championships and one National Championship.

At Kansas
Weis joined the Alabama staff after a three-year stint as the University of Kansas team manager. While at Kansas, Weis assisted the position coaches in practice by administering and directing drills. He ran position meetings for the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers. He also led opponent breakdown in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

New England Patriots
Weis gained extra experience in 2014 (July-August) as a New England Patriots Volunteer Training Camp Intern. In that role, he worked with the offensive staff and assisted tight end coach Brian Daboll creating highlight and lowlight cutups and coordinating quarterback practice production notes.

At Florida
Prior to KU, Weis served as a University of Florida offensive quality control coach, focusing his efforts with the wide receivers.

Personal
Born:
April 29, 1993
Hometown: South Bend, Indiana
Education: BS University of Kansas ’15 with a degree in psychology with a minor in sociology
Family: Jennifer (wife). Son of NFL and Collegiate Head Coach Charlie

Coaching Experience
2015-16 – Alabama (Offensive Analyst)
2014 – New England Patriots (Summer Volunteer Intern)
2012-14 – Kansas (Manager)
2011 – Florida (Offensive Quality Control Coach/WR)

You're right, it has quite a bit of daddy's boy attached to the hire. Kitten may be getting his next lilly pad landing spot ready. Do good by Fat Charlie and latch on to the offensive staff wherever he is the OC when FAU runs him out of town.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie put out a way better offense from the damn water cooler than these clowns we have coaching now.
It's sad to say, but Fat Charlies well below average offense is the best we've had in a damn decade.

Thanks FOOLEY!!!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry guys, but I don't really care about who FAU hired as a TE coach.

I've said this before, but....it's a long off-season. If you have a thread topic you'd like to post up to give us all something to talk about, by all means, have at it.

Personally, I'm a Gator fan - like most, if not all, of us here. However, I'm also a college football fan. I think it's the best sport ever invented and ever played. I occasionally watch other sports, but for me, there is nothing like college football. So I enjoy seeing what other programs are doing: recruiting, coaching hires, offensive/defensive schemes, facilities, etc. It's fascinating and kills boring parts of my day (such as right now as I'm the only person in my office until 0900).

Honestly, I think if most fans of programs would pay more attention to what other programs are doing you won't be surprised when UF loses or when recruits say our facilities stink. Most UF fans thought The Swamp was the Taj Mahal of football stadiums and that our facilities were just fine. Go find the IPF threads on Gator message boards and you'll read hundreds...literally HUNDREDS of comments about how "we don't need an IPF", "Spurrier and Meyer won without one..." etc.

So, I'll keep posting CFB threads....along w/ Gator related threads. You're welcome to do the same....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We dont get to laugh at Kiffy and Weises around here anymore?

WTF happened to this place?

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who dafuq else was gonna work for Lame Kitten?

I was thinking the same thing. Probably not a lot of people beating down the door to go work for that jackass...especially when that jackass has been fired from every stop he's made the last decade... That is when he's not slipping out of town under the cover of darkness with less than a year on the job...

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I've said this before, but....it's a long off-season. If you have a thread topic you'd like to post up to give us all something to talk about, by all means, have at it.

Personally, I'm a Gator fan - like most, if not all, of us here. However, I'm also a college football fan. I think it's the best sport ever invented and ever played. I occasionally watch other sports, but for me, there is nothing like college football. So I enjoy seeing what other programs are doing: recruiting, coaching hires, offensive/defensive schemes, facilities, etc. It's fascinating and kills boring parts of my day (such as right now as I'm the only person in my office until 0900).

Honestly, I think if most fans of programs would pay more attention to what other programs are doing you won't be surprised when UF loses or when recruits say our facilities stink. Most UF fans thought The Swamp was the Taj Mahal of football stadiums and that our facilities were just fine. Go find the IPF threads on Gator message boards and you'll read hundreds...literally HUNDREDS of comments about how "we don't need an IPF", "Spurrier and Meyer won without one..." etc.

So, I'll keep posting CFB threads....along w/ Gator related threads. You're welcome to do the same....
Nice long response to my one-liner. You obviously have much more time on your hands than do I. I still don't care about who FAU hires as TE coach, but thanks for posting anyway.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice long response to my one-liner. You obviously have much more time on your hands than do I. I still don't care about who FAU hires as TE coach, but thanks for posting anyway.

Nice short response to my long response. If you have something to discuss, we'd all love for you to contribute to the board and start some interesting threads. Thanks either way....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator