247 Sports screwed me

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So last year I signed up for the inaugural rollout for $5. I knew it was about to renew so Saturday I went to cancel and it literally would not let me. It also wouldn't let me delete my payment info. I messaged them and told them to cancel before it charged me.....got hit for $107 today. I called and they said that they have a no cancellation policy once they take the money, and once it's taken they can "literally can't put it back". After some arguing they miraculously can credit me 30% back but not the whole amount. My only options were cancel and not have the service but pay full price or have the service but at 30% off. I'm really not happy. I never posted once in a year. I asked about why it ran me in circles cancelling online. "You can only cancel online in four states. It's buried in the terms of service."
Wtf.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So last year I signed up for the inaugural rollout for $5. I knew it was about to renew so Saturday I went to cancel and it literally would not let me. It also wouldn't let me delete my payment info. I messaged them and told them to cancel before it charged me.....got hit for $107 today. I called and they said that they have a no cancellation policy once they take the money, and once it's taken they can "literally can't put it back". After some arguing they miraculously can credit me 30% back but not the whole amount. My only options were cancel and not have the service but pay full price or have the service but at 30% off. I'm really not happy. I never posted once in a year. I asked about why it ran me in circles cancelling online. "You can only cancel online in four states. It's buried in the terms of service."
Wtf.

Wow. That sucks. What kind of card did you use?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would imagine whatever bank you use should allow some sort of dispute. But general rule, you should never use a debit card for anything. In any event, no way you should let that happen without a fight.
Lesson learned for sure.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I would imagine whatever bank you use should allow some sort of dispute. But general rule, you should never use a debit card for anything. In any event, no way you should let that happen without a fight.
If only there were some attorneys here who could help a brother out……

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Facebook Things GIF

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I had GoToMeeting try to do the same thing. It was really weird because I had turned off auto renewal and the card had expired. They tried to say I couldn’t get a refund, but after lighting up 4 people and threatening reporting them stealing my info they refunded me.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Similar experiences, one with subscription to Sports Illustrated Kids mag we got for a neighbor kid one year. It auto-renewed every year for 3y before I caught on (relatively small charge, so I wasn't paying attention). Damn near impossible to cancel, and took several phone calls and running in circles for a week or two.

Other experience was with some website looking to renew something. I caught it ahead of time by a month or so, and when I went to cancel there was absolutely NO means by which cancel. No area for accessing your account to cancel or modify billing, nothing. And, no 'Contact Us' information = no phone, no email, no nothing. Any billing was sent from a '[email protected]' so that wouldn't get a response. Ended up googling many others with the same complaint and a few had shared a phone number by which you could call and talk to them (not cancel...unless you fought to the suns end). Used that number and after several heated discussions was given a partial refund (it HAD renewed by the time I got to this point) and a note to not auto-renew. Reminds me, I need to go through my cc bills again to check for weird stuff like that. Something we all ought to do every once in awhile. For me, that means every few years.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Use a credit card (not debit) and file a claim with them to let them fight your battle.
We had to buy covid insurance to travel to the Bahamas. It was $75/person ( 4 people). After our first flight the airports in the Bahamas closed because of a hurricane and we couldn't come in and had to cancel our trip. Obviously we didn't need covid insurance and they were saying we could apply it for future travel. I disputed the charges and MC refunded it for us because the Bahamas wouldn't reply to the claim.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for reminding me. My ON3 membership was about to auto renew 12/9. It was $10.00 for the first year, the auto renew would have been $99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.