247Sports Predicted Final Recruiting Rankings

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
He's been there 12 months. He took his lumps w a true freshman qb. They're poised for a good year next season. Let's revisit this topic then. I predict 9-3 or 10-2 for them.

As long as UF is one of their losses I don't care how good their season is.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Failing to have a top 10 class after three recruiting classes is pathetic and inexcusable.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What jumps out to me on that list is UGA absolutely killing it with a new coach coming off a mediocre first season.

The comical fact around this statement is there are UF fans and Alumni who still make excuses for Mac's **** show of recruiting.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have to get better recruits. We have to get into that top 5 EVERY year. This coaching staff doesn't know how to do that. Only problem is that if he can win 8 games next year then NOTHING changes...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have to get better recruits. We have to get into that top 5 EVERY year. This coaching staff doesn't know how to do that. Only problem is that if he can win 8 games next year then NOTHING changes...

It should but it will be close with 4 losses especially if FSU beats us down again. 5 losses and he is gone for sure. If we don't beat Michigan out of the gate I think we could possibly flirt with 5 losses. With the defense we will have next season the lower SEC teams aren't locks anymore and we could lose to them if we are scoring just in the area of 20 points etc. Most of those teams look to be improved next season unlike us unless one of the young QBs can play well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Folks, this is Gator football. We are a 8-4 type program. This is what 8-4 type programs do.

Only one way to fix this....
I'm not even seeing 8-4 seasons in our future unless something drastic happens.....Half a$$ talent and half a$$ coaching equal 6-6 or 7-5 at best.....Mac won't be able to hide behind Muschamps defensive leftovers anymore and his offenses aren't explosive enough to trade punches with even average offensive teams. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull a 4-8 special this year given our situation at QB........

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac won't be able to hide behind Muschamps defensive leftovers anymore and his offenses aren't explosive enough
Explosive. lol. Any offensive td is considered a huge game to the pumpers and a sign of offensive improvement.

I doubt anyone has ever called Mr "Bammer 6-LSU 9" explosive unless you mean after he has too many buttered rolls at Christmas dinner.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Explosive. lol. Any offensive td is considered a huge game to the pumpers and a sign of offensive improvement.

I doubt anyone has ever called Mr "Bammer 6-LSU 9" explosive unless you mean after he has too many buttered rolls at Christmas dinner.
I've always favored somewhat conservative offenses as long as they move the ball well enough running and passing to keep talent coming at all offensive positions.....I'm not seeing that here because you need to be able to recruit top level talent and numbers to build continuously.....We ain't even close... Something is missing with this staff and I'm not sure why but at this point even a former pumper like myself see's this is not going to end well.... I really wish he'd move on before we waste any more time. In 35 years of following UF football I've been so disinterested....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I've always favored somewhat conservative offenses as long as they move the ball well enough running and passing to keep talent coming at all offensive positions.....I'm not seeing that here because you need to be able to recruit top level talent and numbers to build continuously.....We ain't even close... Something is missing with this staff and I'm not sure why but at this point even a former pumper like myself see's this is not going to end well.... I really wish he'd move on before we waste any more time. In 35 years of following UF football I've been so disinterested....

Sad isnt it. I hope our new AD has balls.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sad isnt it. I hope our new AD has balls.
I hope he has balls and some good coaching connections, at least I'll hold out some hope for that. I know to a lot of outsiders that this may look like we as a majority of the fanbase are rushing this coach out the door .....I think most of the insiders see that the defense is going to be trending downward while the offense shows nothing to be really excited about. It's also problematic that we aren't seeing the kind of recruits that are potential game breakers walking through the door....Number wise we look to be no more than a injury away at ANY position across the board from being in an emergency state...I wish I were missing something that would prove me wrong but I don't see a way out of this without a separation between UF and Mac.....

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
T.J. Moore was a heavy favorite to sign with Tennessee. The 247Sports crystal ball predicted a 69% chance Moore would become a Vol.

The addition of Moore moves the Gators up to 13th in the predicted final recruiting rankings and drops Tennessee to 16th.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T.J. Moore was a heavy favorite to sign with Tennessee. The 247Sports crystal ball predicted a 69% chance Moore would become a Vol.

The addition of Moore moves the Gators up to 13th in the predicted final recruiting rankings and drops Tennessee to 16th.
If we can keep chipping away at this class,the next guy might have a little bit to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.