Votes: 58 35.6%

• Total voters

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If our present QBs (or not-so-present QBs) are flops, let K.Toney try out. As a H.S. QB he had a 70% completion rate. Heck, we could be misplacing a potential Heisman candidate, something like Louisville's Lamar Jackson ?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
It is as simple as this, without a good running QB, there is no running offense w Mullinz calling the plays.

Better to take our lumps with EJ, Kadarius and JJ than waste a year with two statues back there and neither a running nor a passing offense.

I'd bet this becomes reality by the third quarter of the UK game.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If Franks gets the nod and struggles, I don't think he makes it even through the entire Uk game. Stoops--assuming he plays all eleven defenders--will harass and confuse him enough that he'll get yanked, just like last year, especially if he leaves a lot to be desired in the opener as well.

Really, if it's a bad start for anyone other than EJ, I think a change is made, at the latest, during that game. Give them CSU to try and work out the kinks and embrace the starting role, and then roll from there. If we're going to be stuck with questionable QB play, it may as well be Jones, so we'll at least be able to hang our hats on how much better we'll be in the coming years.
No one worries about throwing EJ to the wolves?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No one worries about throwing EJ to the wolves?
My only concern is if our OL is still terrible. As long as they’ve improved, I say play him if he’s our best option. If the OL is gonna get someone killed behind center, then Franks is our guy. :lol:

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
And yet both are true.

If we dont have a QB who looks a helluva lot better than Franks or Trash, we dont have a QB.

But most of us knew that already.

We should just play Emory after he’s been acclimated to the college game. We’re gonna fun the ball 65-70% of the time anyways.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
My only concern is if our OL is still terrible. As long as they’ve improved, I say play him if he’s our best option. If the OL is gonna get someone killed behind center, then Franks is our guy. :lol:

Pretty much sums it up.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I say whoever brought up bringing back the veer was a genius...I’m all in

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

From what I’ve read, run blocking is the one area the OL seems to have improved on. Pass protection is still atrocious so that would suggest it’s EJ time already. The Mac leftovers will do nothing but get sacked and throw picks behind this bunch.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

If Heggie can get healthy I have high hopes for the OL. If he's not ready by CSU or UT we could have issues.

Miss State rolled up 600 yards of offense on Charleston Southern last year (and held them to less than 50 yards). If we struggle vs. Charleston we're in for a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG year!

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We should do anything that gets us in the top 25 of offenses idc if we have to run the damn wishbone

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't lost to Southern Alabama yet.

Is that worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.