Recruiting 3 Player's from the 2015 Class haven't enrolled yet

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
$hit just keeps getting better! 4* ATH D'Anfernee Mcgriff, 3* TE Camrin Knight and 3* DE Keivonnis Davis All seem to have qualifying issues according to Goldkamp.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guy that would potentially be redshirted to get size and strength... Not that big of a deal. We knew that McGriff might have issues.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n239601 said:
Outside of McGriff, this isn't that bad of news.

TheDouglas78;n239602 said:
Guy that would potentially be redshirted to get size and strength... Not that big of a deal. We knew that McGriff might have issues.

Knight is bad news

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
None of them play O-Line. We've known McGriff wasn't going to qualify and is probably going JUCO so no news there. The other 2 weren't likely to contribute significantly this year, and maybe can finish up requirements and qualify for fall so maybe one or more will still qualify but if not, oh well.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Makes more room for some 4 & 5 stars in the next class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n239606 said:
Knight is bad news
Mehhh.... he didn't even know how to spell his first name correctly. Of course he wasn't going to qualify.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Also, good thing we didn't waste our time going after Holland. Going after 3 stars that can't qualify is much less painful when they don't show up.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On a scale of "good"......to........"bad", this would be a "bad".

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n239788 said:
Holland? We aren't short on special teams players.
And these 3 are All-Americans?

And I'd take a special teams player over 3 no shows any day.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agree with some of the others. McGriff is a potential loss, though we were still weren't 100% sure where his role would be. The others were players that weren't seeing playing time this year, and possibly not the next. I hate to lose anyone from a makeshift class, but outside of an OL, Callaway or Jefferson, it's truly not that big of a deal.

I'll also repeat my mantra on this subject. These kids have known since their FR/Soph year that they were standout athletes that would attract D1 offers to attend a good college. If they didn't get their act together in those 3 years--with all the resources they have as student athletes--then I have to question their overall focus and commitment to being great. It's high school, guys. Of course there are exceptions. But it seems that for every RFN there are many more Dee Finley/Eric Holcombe types.

I wish these kids the best, and would still like to see them in O&B. But I see potentially losing them as not the end of the world, and possibly even a blessing in disguise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator