31 Days and counting

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He signed 15 kids two years ago from Jan 21 through NSD.

Last year he signed 2 kids after Xmas.

He'll sign a bunch - whether they are bluechippers or not remains to be seen.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Yeah, I think UF gets to 23 or 24.

NASHVEGAS G8OR

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

IIRC, pursuant to the 2016 class and going forward from ~ 1/1/2016 through signing day the first Wednesday in February 2016 we closed on one additional target aka Cleveland.

Manuel & A.Robinson both chose to decommit on signing day.

With the exception of Cleveland iirc, closing on any of the remaining or new targets in January 2016 was an epic fail.

Sneaking Putu in the class (( if I have accounted for all as doing from memory )) indicates the 2016 recruiting class grew by a net gain/loss of 0.00 from 1/1/2016 (( actually the beginning of the subject time period goes back into December 2015 )) through signing day in February 2016.

As mentioned I may have possibly missed a transaction from memory, but the important misses during the subject time period were all Mac et crew.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I thought it was still Foley's fault?

Well, most employees give their employers a 2 week notice, at best, to find a suitable replacement. Meyer gave Foley a 12 month notice, and he used it to handpick and deliver Muschamp. Then, despite the obvious failure, he kept him on a year longer than was warranted, effectively destroying everything that Spurrier and Meyer had created, meanwhile missing out on real coaching possibilities. Then after finally pulling the plug on his most recent debacle, and with UF recruiting in the 100s and brand in the toilet, he turned to Mac who--while an upgrade in terms of Xs and Os--seemingly couldn't sell free falafels in Ethiopia. All the while our facilities have fallen to the level of a local YMCA in comparison to our rivals.

So yeah, he owns a lot of it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
--seemingly couldn't sell free falafels in Ethiopia.
Free falafels in Ethiopia. I like it.

But its missing a little something. Free falafels in Fallujah? A little more alliteration.

I still like it though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was still Foley's fault?
11o67a.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...it's getting ugly on other sites too.

The natives are restless.

Mac has to close yuge...yuge. He has to...otherwise he's done here. There's no recovering from a third fail on NSD.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has to close yuge...yuge. He has to...otherwise he's done here. There's no recovering from a third fail on NSD.

Ya know, this is pretty much what some of us have been telling a few of you around here for a while. All things tend to work themselves out eventually. If Mac ain't the right fit, he'll be replaced. All the yelling and screaming and stomping your feet on message boards won't change a thing, but the big money donors can and will if it's needed.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Little money piles add up to big money. I haven't given a dime to my school since the year our offensive linemen were blocking each other. It was shown on the BSPN highlight reel as a comedy of errors or some keystone cops retake.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ya know, this is pretty much what some of us have been telling a few of you around here for a while. All things tend to work themselves out eventually. If Mac ain't the right fit, he'll be replaced. All the yelling and screaming and stomping your feet on message boards won't change a thing, but the big money donors can and will if it's needed.

Actually it does. It feeds into all social media. And it's the discontent that drives change by creating pressure. There's a reason why Mac has been so bitchy. It's all the noise.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually it does. It feeds into all social media. And it's the discontent that drives change by creating pressure. There's a reason why Mac has been so *****y. It's all the noise.

So are you claiming it's the noise that's running the recruits off? Not Mac's inability to recruit?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By running off recruits and sabotaging any chance he has of making a recovery?

You drinking? I'm responding to your post that screaming on a message board had no impact on a coaching change and that only the biggest boosters do. I'm saying that it does. It's not what will change it, but it drives the conversation. Those big boosters lurk on these boards and twitter as well.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You drinking? I'm responding to your post that screaming on a message board had no impact on a coaching change and that only the biggest boosters do. I'm saying that it does. It's not what will change it, but it drives the conversation. Those big boosters lurk on these boards and twitter as well.

I don't believe any of the big money boosters hang out lurking message boards, but...

jlaw-okay.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe any of the big money boosters hang out lurking message boards, but...

I don't know what qualifies as a big money booster. But I have a couple friends who give tens of thousands a year. And they follow this board. They don't have a username or anything. They just use it to keep up with stuff.

Probably the guys that give millions of dollars don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator