4-8 ....convince me otherwise

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To beat 4-8 we are going to need to win 3 out of Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, Arky, and Mizzou. Somehow that seems like a reach right now.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I said fuch it and went to bed after the 1st quarter.
no regrets GIF
Hell I couldn't wait that long...who the hell scheduled this Sh*t show anyway??????

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
A lot of empty seats on the Napier train this morning and for good reason.

Punt and kick return gave us piss poor field position all night , two men with the same number gave them a first down after a good defensive stand.

How many times did we have 3rd and short in the red zone only to have a lineman jump.
An Oline that looked like Swiss cheese.

I’m staying on the train for now but Napier has much to prove in the next two weeks.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think it could get uglier than 4-8 . We just lost to a utah team that was without a pretty good bit of key starters. Including their top receiver and top two qb's. They controlled the entire game. I'm not sure there's a conference game I feel good about right now.
They were also missing their starting center (like us) and had the #1 LB go out in the first quarter.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest take away, despite, winning or losing is that Billy Napier has been exposed as a liar. Just like Muschamp, Mullen, and Mac.

Can we cut the crap, please.
He is NOT detail oriented. He has proven that he is not. Detail oriented coaches know what jerseys their team is wearing. There's a video of him on youtube talking about how he wants the team to wear their socks. Pearsall basically had on a different uniform yesterday, that's not detail oriented.

He does NOT have a plan for every scenario. 4th and 14 proves that.

He does NOT have trusted system. Guys out of place prove that. This is second year here and 6th year coaching, his system is busted.

He does not have a process. His playcalling proves that. He literally thinks going for it on 4th down is a proven process or that he has some sort of wizardry that tells him when it feels right.

Win or lose, stop lying. This has nothing to do with coaching, it's integrity. If we can see it the players can see it. You don't think they have televisions at home too. They were embarrassed and they trusted the system. This erases trust from his own guys. We've seen this all before, I just don't know how this gets any better. I don't think it's malicious, just over his head like Muschamp. You can't promise the moon and deliver the dark.

The only difference here is that I hated to see it with Billy. I really thought maybe he could do it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest take away, despite, winning or losing is that Billy Napier has been exposed as a liar. Just like Muschamp, Mullen, and Mac.

Can we cut the crap, please.
He is NOT detail oriented. He has proven that he is not. Detail oriented coaches know what jerseys their team is wearing. There's a video of him on youtube talking about how he wants the team to wear their socks. Pearsall basically had on a different uniform yesterday, that's not detail oriented.

He does NOT have a plan for every scenario. 4th and 14 proves that.

He does NOT have trusted system. Guys out of place prove that. This is second year here and 6th year coaching, his system is busted.

He does not have a process. His playcalling proves that. He literally thinks going for it on 4th down is a proven process or that he has some sort of wizardry that tells him when it feels right.

Win or lose, stop lying. This has nothing to do with coaching, it's integrity. If we can see it the players can see it. You don't think they have televisions at home too. They were embarrassed and they trusted the system. This erases trust from his own guys. We've seen this all before, I just don't know how this gets any better. I don't think it's malicious, just over his head like Muschamp. You can't promise the moon and deliver the dark.

The only difference here is that I hated to see it with Billy. I really thought maybe he could do it.

Yeah pearsall was in short pants out there. My wife was like, "what the heck is he wearing?"

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Wooooof. Can’t really disagree with anything though. I want Billy to succeed but man it’s getting hard to see the path to success.

Well I'll disagree a little, the bowl game last year where we kicked a mercy FG at the end to avoid the shutout was worse than last night.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hayes is right, not on AR but on Napier. It's not coincidental that the offense remains impotent 14 games in. Napier's feel for calling plays falls somewhere between mysterious and missing. So now, because he's made the case for being evaluated over a long period of time and because the buyout is so large, the only course of action is to dig in and double down on another large mistake, making the hole that much deeper.

And we wonder why it's moving toward two lost decades.

We are so effed.
Before we hired him, Donk said that Napier was Butters 2.0.

At this point I would say he’s right, except Napier is more personable and is a better recruiter. Hell, even Sharkfker knew he needed an OC, even though that OC sucked azz.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well I'll disagree a little, the bowl game last year where we kicked a mercy FG at the end to avoid the shutout was worse than last night.
At least we had a decent excuse for that disaster. No excuse for a big nationally-televised opener versus a ranked opponent.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
BN said special teams were “rock solid” going into game week. Duly noted.

It’s obvious why Moten and George got benched at their previous schools. Cox 2.0. Defense gave up two scores thanks to Moten whiffing at doing things a safety should be able to do.

Billy has no fire and his team’s play is a mirror reflection of his lack of intensity. We have no offensive identity and are zero threat to throw the ball more than 8 yards downfield. His system is simple, slow developing and predictable.

The OL is trash. We did not run because we could not run.

This season is burnt toast and no coach in the country will be sitting on a hotter seat next year.

If he can possibly be that one guy who puts his ego in check and gets an OC he’ll at least have a chance, but then again why should he be different from all the other tools we hired…

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The defense played as well as I hoped.
Minus the first play and the offense giving them the ball on the 10, they held their own.
Offensively it was bad and could conceivably get worse with injuries to a already weak oline. Mertz may be serviceable with time to throw, unfortunately Utah exposed our weakness and everyone will bring the heat.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The defense played as well as I hoped.
Minus the first play and the offense giving them the ball on the 10, they held their own.
Offensively it was bad and could conceivably get worse with injuries to a already weak oline. Mertz may be serviceable with time to throw, unfortunately Utah exposed our weakness and everyone will bring the heat.
As bad as it was, defense showed some life. All those prancing to Beyonce videos made them more physical. Lol

To your second point, Mertz was slow to get up on his running play. I seriously thought he was hurt. UT will be gunning for him. Heck, Utah 's guy hurt himself trying to give mertz a concussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.