4* OL Richard Gouraige names New Leader

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
TAMPA, Fla. — On Monday, Florida head coachJim McElwain and offensive line coach Brad Davis visited Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian School, home of Top247 offensive tackleRichard Gouraige.

“It just means a lot that I’m their top target for 2018 for offensive linemen,” Gouraige said minutes after the Florida coaches left campus. “I’m glad Coach [Jim McElwain] and Coach [Brad] Davis took time out to come visit me, and I really appreciate it.”

The 6-foot-5, 270-pound Gouraige has named Florida his leader for several months now. However, that has recently changed.

“Clemson, right now, is on my top, and then Florida is next,” Gouraige admitted. “I just got a great relationship with Coach [Tony] Elliott, Coach [Robbie] Caldwell, and Coach Dabo [Swinney] is a great guy.”
https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Richard-Gouraige-names-a-new-leader-109039662

We had a chance to land 4 elite FL offensive lineman in this class (who would have fixed things upfront) but that's not going to happen now because of this piss poor offensive coaching staff. These kids are Gator fans and have been they're whole lives but this staff has pissed that down the drain and now we'll be lucky if we get any of them. Pretty neat huh??? :mac:

Last edited:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Who would have thought that offensive players would start looking elsewhere. Now this is just a rumor but I've been told that offensive players like playing for a team that actually fields an offense, pretty kewl huh!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Something is blocking these OL guys from becoming Gators ... oh, it's our offensive coaching doing this blocking.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Dissapointing, but I should've known Mac and Nuss would screw the season up so bad that these guys would end up going somewhere else. My God, if they could've just fielded an average offense this year, we'd probably landed most our targets. Sure would be nice to see Mac do the honorable thing and retire or take a job somewhere else.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...that's really bad. All anti-Mac stuff aside if this class starts to go south...you have to make a change.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Not that it excuses anything, but Clemson is the reigning Nat’l champs. When the Nat’l champs come calling, I would name them my leader too. It definitely wouldn’t be the first time Clemson took a talented kid out of Florida....le sigh

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And so it begins......

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who would have thought that offensive players would start looking elsewhere. Now this is just a rumor but I've been told that offensive players like playing for a team that actually fields an offense, pretty kewl huh!

It's a business decision, and I've said it for a while.... what does a kid see about the University of Florida offensively that will get them ready for the next level? Last time we had a 3000 passer, most of these recruits were 6 or 7... last time we had a dynamic offense they were 7 or 8. The brand has been tarnished, and needs a rebuild.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TAMPA, Fla. — On Monday, Florida head coachJim McElwain and offensive line coach Brad Davis visited Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian School, home of Top247 offensive tackleRichard Gouraige.

“It just means a lot that I’m their top target for 2018 for offensive linemen,” Gouraige said minutes after the Florida coaches left campus. “I’m glad Coach [Jim McElwain] and Coach [Brad] Davis took time out to come visit me, and I really appreciate it.”

The 6-foot-5, 270-pound Gouraige has named Florida his leader for several months now. However, that has recently changed.

“Clemson, right now, is on my top, and then Florida is next,” Gouraige admitted. “I just got a great relationship with Coach [Tony] Elliott, Coach [Robbie] Caldwell, and Coach Dabo [Swinney] is a great guy.”
https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Richard-Gouraige-names-a-new-leader-109039662

We had a chance to land 4 elite FL offensive lineman in this class (who would have fixed things upfront) but that's not going to happen now because of this piss poor offensive coaching staff. These kids are Gator fans and have been they're whole lives but this staff has pissed that down the drain and now we'll be lucky if we get any of them. Pretty neat huh??? :mac:
Just another opportunity to find some overlooked 2*-3* diamonds in the rough. That's purty cool.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Another very very bad sign.
The sad thing is unless we tear off the Band-Aid and dump this staff before season's end, we'll be lucky to have 3 star O-lineman come to play for this broken offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.