4* QB Joe Milton

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Dorian Thompson-Robinson just committed to UCLA. So...let the musical chairs of QB'S start to fall! I bet Harbaugh getting his gear ready for the sleepover at Milton's house as we speak :lol:

Well several here say Milton is overrated, so I don't see this as an issue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well several here say Milton is overrated, so I don't see this as an issue.
I dont know if overrated is the right term Id use but he is definitely a project for us to throw on our heap of projects.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know if overrated is the right term Id use but he is definitely a project for us to throw on our heap of projects.

I might make an exception for a QB who doesnt look like an absolute project.

Looks like you've cooled on Milton.?. A couple of weeks ago you said he was one of the only QB recruits that you've been excited about for years. You seemed to be really high on him.?.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like you've cooled on Milton.?. A couple of weeks ago you said he was one of the only QB recruits that you've been excited about for years. You seemed to be really high on him.?.
Then I saw his completion ratio. He was a junior so I reserve the right to change my mind.

He passes the eye test though. That's a start. Generally when I've seen great players in high school they always look like a man vs boys. We've signed several recently that clearly weren't.

Im just looking at youtube. The staff on doubtedly have plenty of tape to watch. They've tried to grab the right players, quarterbacks in particular, they just haven't been successful in doing so. in this case I agree with the assessment that maybe we should at least consider other options.

For now. Like I said, pending his senior season.

The other option is to lie to him, sign Milton and then keep shopping. Some schools can get away with that bc they are elite. When youre a third tier team, and most importantly it's a high school within your state from which you probably will need future recruits, we probably need to be more careful about lying.

At some point we have to sign The Guy, not more plan Cs, Ds, and Es. At this point, I'm not sure it happens before Butters is gone.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dorian Thompson-Robinson just committed to UCLA. So...let the musical chairs of QB'S start to fall! I bet Harbaugh getting his gear ready for the sleepover at Milton's house as we speak :lol:
And Jarren Williams is going to Bama and Fields is 100% for psu. Mac and nuss are the worst QB coaches and recruiters I've ever seen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I admit Mac has stunk it up. But worse EVER? Chump and staff leave everyone in the dust.
Chump signed brisset and grier. Not world beaters but better than anything mac and nuss has signed yet. Champ was atleast better at recruiting qb's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I admit Mac has stunk it up. But worse EVER? Chump and staff leave everyone in the dust.
At recruiting QBs? Duncechump landed Driskell, Brissett, and Grier. Hell, Treon was better than anything Butters has landed so far.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chump signed brisset and grier. Not world beaters but better than anything mac and nuss has signed yet. Champ was atleast better at recruiting qb's.
You'll eat your words once Frank's tears it up this year :grin:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You'll eat your words once Frank's tears it up this year :grin:
I actually haven't thrown in the towel on franks like alot of people. I have my doubts that he plays rhis year though.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually haven't thrown in the towel on franks like alot of people. I have my doubts that he plays rhis year though.
he'll play...starting depends on Zaire, but he'll play.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I havent. He just has a ways to go still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.