4* RB Lemons flips to UF

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'd forgotten him. How can you forget a name like Ciatrick? He wasn't bad. Broke a tackle or two.

With the nickname "C4", how could you forget him and his explosive running? C4 also came to mind for me watching the highlights of Mr. Lemons.

I realize it is a "HIGHLIGHT" reel, and he is playing against HS kids, but I love the breakaway speed he puts on the field. Makes sense he's a track guy as well. I was concerned about smurfmania, but if law is happy I can be happy. I suppose at 6'0" you can put more muscle on and be a great RB. I also liked how he kept breaking tackles (I know, I know, "Highlights") - either you wrap him up good, or watch him run away.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Mentioning the guy had 18 fumbles in 25 career games is just a stat. Something he needs to work on. He's fast and looks good on film. It's a great get when you land the best player at a position in FL. I think you might want to work on the whole interpreting actual complaints thing.

As he commented - the complaining wasn't necessarily in this thread. But perhaps the summer rain of 'woe is us, Mac and staff suck' has made that a justifiable statement? This thread, not a lot of complaining. This forum, a metric f'ton, and not just by you.

Bottom line, top RB in the state is ours. Bottom line, 4* in state kid is ours. Bottom line, the forum complaints are shifting meaning the staff are addressing some of the more pressing issues (in the minds of some fans), and people are looking for 'the next thing to fix'. Yes, there are still some lingering issues, but if the fan complaints are changing then things are either getting better or they are getting worse. Seems to me, things are getting better. I'll take that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
As he commented - the complaining wasn't necessarily in this thread. But perhaps the summer rain of 'woe is us, Mac and staff suck' has made that a justifiable statement? This thread, not a lot of complaining. This forum, a metric f'ton, and not just by you.

Bottom line, top RB in the state is ours. Bottom line, 4* in state kid is ours. Bottom line, the forum complaints are shifting meaning the staff are addressing some of the more pressing issues (in the minds of some fans), and people are looking for 'the next thing to fix'. Yes, there are still some lingering issues, but if the fan complaints are changing then things are either getting better or they are getting worse. Seems to me, things are getting better. I'll take that.

Mildly better. There's 7 FIVE star kids this year in FL and we're not getting a single one. Notta one. That's still unacceptable. Parks is shopping around. We lose him and that's a huge indictment of this staff. If you think we're outta the woods on recruiting you are nuts. This staff needs to close and close huge. Especially on defense.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Mildly better. There's 7 FIVE star kids this year in FL and we're not getting a single one. Notta one. That's still unacceptable. Parks is shopping around. We lose him and that's a huge indictment of this staff. If you think we're outta the woods on recruiting you are nuts. This staff needs to close and close huge. Especially on defense.

I'd agree 'mildly better' and certainly not 'wildly better'. A kid (Parks) shopping around is on the kid as much as our staff, or any other program's staff who is trying to land him.

Last year we would have given our kingdom for a QB after watching TH tank the team. We would have given our collective left nut for anyone who could kick decently - open tryouts scream a source of need. We were concerned about an OL that could barely fill out their jerseys. None of those gaping holes of misery are a current complaint. Instead, we have 4 QBs on the roster with a succession plan and even if all 4 break a leg we don't have TH to fall back on (a good thing!); we stole the top kicker in the nation from Saban; and while OL recruits are a need every cycle we aren't wringing our hands about starting freshman or dealing with a transfer that can't bench press his age in reps. Mildly better, ok.

This year there are the holes at LB, the need for those every-cycle-OL; and there is in-state talent that is escaping our grasp. I won't echo again the pumper theme of trusting coaching decisions (who to recruit, or not). I will say the staff has addressed the things that made us unwatchable last year. Disagree? I will say they have a good WR class in '16, something we didn't complain about too much last year despite relying on 2 guys to catch all the balls (we had roster depth, but no quality.....word is we now have quality roster depth). Disagree? Some, like yourself, see recruiting the top talent in the state as a need. I see it as a want, but I can't guess the staff's view. I suppose if they saw it as a need they'd be harder after those FL 5* kids.

I understand every year brings a different mix of issues, of fires to put out. As such, there is always a need, something to complain about. But I'll admit I'll feel better knowing I don't have to worry about a QB for the foreseeable future (looking at those coming in after '16 as well), or about our WR, or our RB, or our kicking game for the next few years. I'm a little nervous about the defensive side of the ball - maintaining DB and DL quality depth and fixing the thinness/holes of the LB corp. I can't argue confidence on that side right now as I look to the next few seasons.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We've had QB issues since Tebow. We have numbers but that hardly equates to success. We've recruited much better QBs in the past than Mac has and that was with Muschamp. The o-line has numbers but we don't know about quality either. LB? DT? Up the middle in the SEC is about as important as anything. Let's see how things go this year on the field and in recruiting. Seems like we still have a ton of question marks.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We've had QB issues since Tebow. We have numbers but that hardly equates to success.

Amen.

T Rex said:
We've recruited much better QBs in the past than Mac has and that was with Muschamp.

:britney:

T Rex said:
The o-line has numbers but we don't know about quality either. LB? DT? Up the middle in the SEC is about as important as anything. Let's see how things go this year on the field and in recruiting. Seems like we still have a ton of question marks.

Absolutely. Glad to hear you say "Let's see how things go...". But last year at LB wasn't much better other than having Morrison. Another injury to him and we'd have been uber screwed. So I'd say that was a need that maybe/maybe-not was addressed with the '16 kids? I dunno. Like you say, we still have a lot of question marks (seem to every year), and let's see how it goes.

I'll stop quoting you now :box:

:stickpoke:

;)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Brisett was the #3 QB coming out. Driskel was the number 1 QB coming out of HS. Grier was the number two QB coming out. According to Rivals.

Franks was 3 and Allen is 9th.

PS Harris was the 3rd rated dual threat.

I guess we just had a lot of bad luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator