Recruiting 4 Star OG Parker Boudreaux

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n237727 said:
Mac pulled a rabbit out of his hat last year. I just hope we don't wait until Feb 3rd this time.
For once you're more optimistic than me. I look at last year and remember how Mac blew it with Cowart and Holland. Those guys were all Gator and a good recruiter could have closed the deal with them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You've got something there Crete. I do think the coaching will be much better in Gainesville this year. It won't take much to improve on a Muschamp offense from last year, but Mac will get better production out of what he has now. And he is getting what he needs, numbers. Whether they're 2's, 3's at this point he needs the bodies. Give him a hungry player to compete and a coach that can simply "COACH", and I think we are all going to see a better product this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n238885 said:
This guy does pretty well with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars....Granted, he hasn't won one yet but it makes you wonder if he had a couple of our 4 and 5 stars if he may have....We'll get some 4 stars like we always do and may even a couple of 5 stars. Trust me it is more about coaching than you think. Bielema will give Saban all he and his 5 stars want and then some, with a bunch of 3 stars this year also.

Find me the SEC Champions the past 10 years and then show me what their recruiting rankings were a couple of years prior to that championship? I bet it shows some really highly rated classes usually. Missouri who got more Rivals 4 stars than us this past recruiting class but not many before that does do good with what they have but have just got lucky catching a down Eastern division mostly and probably wouldn't be a contender in the West.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorTAG;n238888 said:
For once you're more optimistic than me. I look at last year and remember how Mac blew it with Cowart and Holland. Those guys were all Gator and a good recruiter could have closed the deal with them.

Holland couldn't get into UF and he is/was an AU legacy. Cowart met the bag man and that's all you need to know about that.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n238892 said:
Find me the SEC Champions the past 10 years and then show me what their recruiting rankings were a couple of years prior to that championship? I bet it shows some really highly rated classes usually. Missouri who got more Rivals 4 stars than us this past recruiting class but not many before that does do good with what they have but have just got lucky catching a down Eastern division mostly and probably wouldn't be a contender in the West.

I would be willing to bet that in 2013 and 2014 every team in the east, with the exception of Vandy, had better recruiting rankings than Mizzou between 2010 and 2014.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n238889 said:
You've got something there Crete. I do think the coaching will be much better in Gainesville this year. It won't take much to improve on a Muschamp offense from last year, but Mac will get better production out of what he has now. And he is getting what he needs, numbers. Whether they're 2's, 3's at this point he needs the bodies. Give him a hungry player to compete and a coach that can simply "COACH", and I think we are all going to see a better product this year.

I think so too. As long as he recruits in a balanced manner we'll be alright. I'm certainly not saying I wouldn't want a 5 star filled class. I just think that will come in the next few years.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n238893 said:
Holland couldn't get into UF and he is/was an AU legacy. Cowart met the bag man and that's all you need to know about that.....
I hear that bagman excuse about every recruit we lose. Quit blowing smoke. Its just like the "all these 3 stars are going to be reevaluated and bumped up", excuse. It is what it is.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n238894 said:
I would be willing to bet that in 2013 and 2014 every team in the east, with the exception of Vandy, had better recruiting rankings than Mizzou between 2010 and 2014.
Well yes, everyone except Vandy in 2014 and in 2012 & 2013 all ranked higher than Mizzou. 2011 all but UK and Vandy beat out Mizzou again.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorTAG;n238901 said:
I hear that bagman excuse about every recruit we lose. Quit blowing smoke. Its just like the "all these 3 stars are going to be reevaluated and bumped up", excuse. It is what it is.

Dude it's not smoke. Holland was a question academically and had a uncle play at AU. Cowart was never ours. He was always going to the highest bidder...First he loved Oregon, then FSU, and Auburn sacked up at the end....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n238893 said:
Holland couldn't get into UF and he is/was an AU legacy..
Holland will be a bust.

Don't care that we did not get him. He is too small to play defensive end and too slow to play linebacker. classic tweener.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;238910 said:
Holland will be a bust.

Don't care that we did not get him. He is too small to play defensive end and too slow to play linebacker. classic tweener.

I agree. Like a smallish Powell.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n238885 said:
This guy does pretty well with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars....Granted, he hasn't won one yet but it makes you wonder if he had a couple of our 4 and 5 stars if he may have....We'll get some 4 stars like we always do and may even a couple of 5 stars. Trust me it is more about coaching than you think. Bielema will give Saban all he and his 5 stars want and then some, with a bunch of 3 stars this year also.
gary-pinkel.jpg
That's the exception not the rule bro. And bama is going to wax arkys ass.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n238920 said:
That's the exception not the rule bro. And bama is going to wax arkys ass.
So how did Boise bring their program into the national spotlight 10-12 years ago....how has TCU been relevant for the last 10 years or so, how did Bielema kick the sh!t out of the Big 10 when he was at Whisky despite being behind traditional recruiting powerhouses like UM,OSU,ND PSU, MSU Neb and many other schools....it's called coaching,bro!!!
And the only one who's going to get an ass waxing is going to be your boy Gundy at the end of this season......

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n238922 said:
So how did Boise bring their program into the national spotlight 10-12 years ago....how has TCU been relevant for the last 10 years or so, how did Bielema kick the sh!t out of the Big 10 when he was at Whisky despite being behind traditional recruiting powerhouses like UM,OSU,ND PSU, MSU Neb and many other schools....it's called coaching,bro!!!
And the only one who's going to get an ass waxing is going to be your boy Gundy at the end of this season......
Freakin boise and tcu have spent the past 10 years in powder puff conferences . And the big 10 is joke, atleast compared to the sec. Misouri hasn't done anything but capitalize on a weak sec east that has beat up on eachother. I mean they freakin lost to Indiana. Here at Florida we aim for championships. Please tell me the last team to win a natty or the sec with abunch of 2 and 3 star recruits. I'll leave the Gundy vs beliema argument out of it because neither of us will budge on that I promise.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n238934 said:
Freakin boise and tcu have spent the past 10 years in powder puff conferences . And the big 10 is joke, atleast compared to the sec. Misouri hasn't done anything but capitalize on a weak sec east that has beat up on eachother. I mean they freakin lost to Indiana. Here at Florida we aim for championships. Please tell me the last team to win a natty or the sec with abunch of 2 and 3 star recruits. I'll leave the Gundy vs beliema argument out of it because neither of us will budge on that I promise.

Win a natty......hell can we start by just winning the east? I'm showing you that much can be done with a team full of 2-3 stars....IF they are well coached. This is UF we will at least get some 4 stars that gives us a leg up on teams like Mizzou, Arky and such who don't have the recruiting base we do. BTW powder puff conferences kicked the hell out of every team from the Great SEC West last year in bowl games.....except for Arky.

Dec 10, 2014
t-gator;n238934 said:
Freakin boise and tcu have spent the past 10 years in powder puff conferences . And the big 10 is joke, atleast compared to the sec. Misouri hasn't done anything but capitalize on a weak sec east that has beat up on eachother. I mean they freakin lost to Indiana.

Very true

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator