5* OT Alex Leatherwood

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree! I'm hearing (from my buddy in Pensacola who's a high school coach) he's looking for immediate playing time. There's no doubt he'd start for us immediately but "The little bastard" is telling him he can start for them immediately also. There's no way in hell he starts at Bama next year with the dudes they have on that depth chart.

Their LT started as a Freshmen and he'll be leaving this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he got playing time there as a freshman.

They came after Voshean Joseph at the end of last year hard. He was a Plan B for them, after they missed on whomever they had in front of him. I was very surprised when Joseph ended up at UF. Our bagman must have made a second drop off to reaffirm his commitment.

There's an article where Saban had to look at a piece of paper to get his name right. He just spoke about how disrespected he felt by Bama. I think he may be the recruit where they made them walk everywhere and other schools had carts for them. Not sure though, but it's not like we really beat out Bama. It was probably a ploy to occupy us while they went after the CB who flipped.

I'm just happy it's not coming down to us or LSU. He'd end up in BR for sure.

LSU would draw a line in the sand and it would be over, UF would cave.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
4676926.jpg
That's a badass patch he has on his jersey.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Leatherwood will make his final decision and sign his enrollments papers on DEC 16th. From what I'm hearing we've gained some serious ground here and it's going to be US or Bama.

Are we really sure Bama wants him or is this Saban just screwing with us so we take the kid (kind of like he did to us coaching-wise with Brent Pease)?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Leatherwood ... we need a tackler who goes for auto-errodickassfiixiation

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we really sure Bama wants him or is this Saban just screwing with us so we take the kid (kind of like he did to us coaching-wise with Brent Pease)?

He's a 5* OT already committed to Bama. He might flip to us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They came after Voshean Joseph at the end of last year hard. He was a Plan B for them, after they missed on whomever they had in front of him. I was very surprised when Joseph ended up at UF. Our bagman must have made a second drop off to reaffirm his commitment.
Sorry but Joseph said publicly that he would commit if they gave him a commitable offer. It never came. He was more like plan D and Bammer knew they had the two five stars locked in already.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: he didn't even know vosean Joseph's name.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Leatherwood will make his final decision and sign his enrollments papers on DEC 16th. From what I'm hearing we've gained some serious ground here and it's going to be US or Bama.
When the last time we dragged a 5 star away from Bama? Of course, if he chooses UF, he can play for Summers.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
When the last time we dragged a 5 star away from Bama? Of course, if he chooses UF, he can play for Summers.
We took 1 last year and hopefully we'll get another this year. It's not impossible...Longshot? Probably so! However...they are not invincible and have lost guys before so we'll see what happens.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Has this guy ever even come on a visit to UF? I could be wrong but I remember every time he's been scheduled he cancels and does something else. If this is the case and it continues, I'd be absolutely :faint: if he wasn't wearing crimson red on signing day.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We took 1 last year and hopefully we'll get another this year. It's not impossible...Longshot? Probably so! However...they are not invincible and have lost guys before so we'll see what happens.

So if we keep this up, in 4 years, we'll have 4 players on our roster that Alabama wanted? Just kidding, I hope we get this guy. I'm tired of Bama plucking whoever the hell they want out of the Pensacola area.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if we keep this up, in 4 years, we'll have 4 players on our roster that Alabama wanted? Just kidding, I hope we get this guy. I'm tired of Bama plucking whoever the hell they want out of the Pensacola area.

And Miami. And Jacksonville.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rolleyes4:

So........ no one.

Got it.

He also wasn't "out of Alabama."

:trump: