5 Worst CFB program destroyers (coaches)

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
How could I forget 2 of the biggest Executive Assassins of prominent programs....
Donna Shalala-Miami and our very own Jeremy Fooley
foley.jpg

Not Fair! Your OP said "coaching disasters" Don't have time to track down the ADs that hired them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alright instead of b!tching and belly aching over what we can't control lets make fun of some other prominent coaching disasters....Keep them within say the last 30 years and try to keep them among the more "elite" programs. We're looking for not so much off the field stuff but guys who royally f vcked up seemingly unstoppable CFB powers .Here goes some of mine..
Bob Davie - ND
Ty Willingham- ND and UW...he has 2 kills to his credit :lol2:
Charlie Strong- Texas
Derek Dooley- UT
Will Muschamp-UF
Bill Callahan-Nebraska
Charlie Weiss-ND...he was barely above .500 there in 5 seasons
Rich Rod-UM....15-22 AT Michigan had them wishing for Lloyd Carr again.
Brady Hoke- UM
John L. Smith- Arkansas.....Not really ever considered a football power house, but the swiftness of John L. Smith's destruction is worth noting as it only took him one full season to obliterate a up and coming program to the point of being unrepairable by a competent coach for the last 5 years is worth mentioning......
I know it's more than 5.....
Lets hear some more......

Few issues I have with this list....
Strong - kinda finished off what Mack had started, the brand and conference were already in deep decline
Hoke - really was cleaning up RichRod's mess, hard to fault the $hit he walked into
Smith - was a band aid after the motorcycle crash

What about Kiffin at USC?
Schnellenberger or Blake at Oklahoma?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Schnellenberger or Blake at Oklahoma?
Those guys came to mind and I guess it did take OU about 10 years to recover(Stoops)

If you read further you'll see I have given Kiffen the Tyrone Willingham Award for a major double kill also,UT & USC....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Larry Coker kind of took the wheels of The U train
He did but he won a NC kinda like Cheezdik at Auburn....I thought about putting both of them on my list of idiots who f vcked up wet dream coaching programs....As a side note both walked into rosters that were primed for greatness and although Butters didn't have any offensive studs(except Grier, who he ran off) but Mac rode a loaded defense to 2 SEC East titles like these guys...and you can see the same demise coming.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He did but he won a NC kinda like Cheezdik at Auburn....I thought about putting both of them on my list of idiots who f vcked up wet dream coaching programs....As a side note both walked into rosters that were primed for greatness and although Butters didn't have any offensive studs(except Grier, who he ran off) but Mac rode a loaded defense to 2 SEC East titles like these guys...and you can see the same demise coming.

Coker's teams were LOADED. I really think even butters would have won with those squads

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.