7 Gators named to Pre Season All SEC Team

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder how Matt Jones beat out Kelvin Taylor on this list?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n32821 said:

Crazy isn't it. I guess it has to do with the coaches that didn't get to see Taylor against their team and Jones missing much of last season. Jones isn't even in the same ball park as Taylor as a runner. He can block and catch good but is just too slow out of the gate as a runner.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised Driskel didn't make the list. I thought he was going to the NFL after this season.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n32821 said:
It goes to show that this All SEC team a joke, and should tell us that coaches are too busy with their own programs to vote on anything.....like a top 25!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Matt Jones? Really? :crazy:

I may be the minority here, but I don't think he is that good and that is ignoring last year when it was clear something was wrong. To me, Taylor, Powell, and Lane have far more talent than Jones.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:

I may be the minority here, but I don't think he is that good and that is ignoring last year when it was clear something was wrong. To me, Taylor, Powell, and Lane have far more talent than Jones.
I agree. He has a first step like he has concrete in his shoes.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:

I agree, even though Jones is said to have a great camp..... bringing a load at 230lbs
I'm happy from what I've seen from Lane and Taylor, looking forward to seeing if Powell and Jones are going contributing as well

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad he's getting some love and I think he can be a weapon .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:

I really like Lane, too, and suspect he's our second best back. However, it's clear that Mushcramp will be playing Jones because "they will get tired of tackling him in the 4th Quarter." Just go with it, man. It's the way its ging to be. Mack Brown will be wasting a lot of carries out there too and I wouldn't be surprised to see Herndon and Showers after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.